ADVERTISEMENT

Brennan Canada announces return

Why this is even a story is beyond me? No offense to him, but we want to hear about the ones who play meaningful minutes and their decisions. We need to get on the ball with who needs replacing. We all just assume a cigar man will be back. Probably shouldn't assume anything under Cal though.

Good for him. Must mean he enjoys being where he is. We need guys like that as funny as it sounds. These type of guys get more respect from their teammates than you'd think most times. I know it varies but having people that have stuck in the program helps to sell people on staying with the program in a way. It can be a position of leading by example for certain guys even if they really have no in game role

Ugonna posted the Players first basketball camp link to sign up on his Instagram story today. Would seem strange for a guy planning to transfer but we’ll see.
He's all in. The plan all along was to become more acclimated to college while work on his game to get ready for 23-24.
The other stories are distraction pieces generated for clicks and a diversion.

Could be the missing piece for next year. 🤣
Happy Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

I’m sure he has a plan and for Cal to allow him to stay is great. This kid works hard for pretty much zero playing time, but he is a UK Basketball player

• Love
Reactions: KFuqua
Good for him. Must mean he enjoys being where he is. We need guys like that as funny as it sounds. These type of guys get more respect from their teammates than you'd think most times. I know it varies but having people that have stuck in the program helps to sell people on staying with the program in a way. It can be a position of leading by example for certain guys even if they really have no in game role
When we played at Memorial, players used to talk about what it meant to run down the ramp. Very few in the Cal era , if they played at Memorial would have ever gotten that meaning. Canada would have. He knows what it means to play here. He is very worthy of that scholarship.

Isn't his goal to coach someday? Anyway, It won't be Canada, but it sure would be nice at some point to have another Cameron Mills or Ravi Moss type walk-on who comes in and gives some meaningful minutes.

Reactions: KFuqua
Saw this yesterday and thought A) great for Brennan and B) the announcement appears strategic, like a "see, players come back," before an official announcement of another player leaving the program.

Saw this yesterday and thought A) great for Brennan and B) the announcement appears strategic, like a "see, players come back," before an official announcement of another player leaving the program.
Nothing against Brennan or anything but lol at his return being used as one of the strategic cadence of news of players returning and leaving

Nothing against Brennan or anything but lol at his return being used as one of the strategic cadence of news of players returning and leaving
I don't disagree, but UK is a circus of a program these days, so it's entirely possible.

I think Cal has the team let guys like this "have their day" first on purpose.

Most importantly, I hope the coaching staff KNOWS right now who is staying and going, or if any on the fence if they are straddling it or barely have one foot on one side or the other, so that the coaching staff can address the needs in the portal.
Secondarily, as obsessed as BBN is about our team, it would be nice for us to know soon too. But also, publicly knowing player X is going, might help portal guys consider us (although I guess the coaching staff can tell them "we are losing X and think you could fill his spot").

Most importantly, I hope the coaching staff KNOWS right now who is staying and going, or if any on the fence if they are straddling it or barely have one foot on one side or the other, so that the coaching staff can address the needs in the portal.
What a nice dream that was.

Reactions: STL_Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT