ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Ingram well on his way to being another Duke NBA bust

After stinking it up his rookie season on one of the worst teams in the NBA, Ingram has played even worse this preseason. Dude is shooting 8-30 from the field and has only 2 assists in 3 games.

This is the guy that had so much BS Duke hype around him that the Lakers called him untradeable, and wouldn't give him up for Demarcus Cousins. These recruits and NBA teams will never learn.
@king of cali Resident idot, that's rude. I said he was well on his way to being a bust, I was wrong.

Dude, you are WAY jumping the gun here.

Ingram started and averaged nearly double figures as a 19 year old rookie, you know, when most rookies his age are buried on the bench or dwelling in the D-League.

It's just nonsensically premature to be using the "bust" word anywhere near that kid right now. Hate to break it to you, but most likely Ingram will end up as a very good NBA player.

Well, at least one guy called it right.

Thanks for bumping this thread so I can toot my own horn. I am SO awesome!

Last edited:
He's like Elton Brand... good player on a sh*t team that is getting great numbers because someone has to score pts.

Put Ingram on a playoff team and his numbers would have to drop quite a bit .

They would drop a bit on a good team, but it's still clear that he's a damn good NBA player, and close to an All Star, who keeps getting better.

Starting a thread labeling him a bust was a big fat failure by the OP.

Last edited:
I actually like Brandon Ingram, which is a never for almost anybody who plays for those two programs. Can't remember ever liking a cheats player. Anyway, Ingram has all the same stylings of Richard Hamilton and a Sean Livingston that didn't shatter a knee (still one of the most disappointing injuries, had such great hopes for him).

Ingram's situation at Nola isn't perfect by any stretch but if they can manage a few years with Zion before he literally turns into a pumpkin with a big flat spot he can't roll from, who knows?

They would drop a bit on a good team, but it's still clear that he's a damn good NBA player, and close to an All Star, who keeps getting better.

He wasn’t alone. Plenty of posters agreed with that take, and you even had one declare that Skal would be better than Ingram. That’s how absurd the Duke hate is on this board.

Reactions: UK90
Ingram's performance is quite volatile. He will have a big game here and there, but he has his fair share of duds. After dropping a monstrous 49, he has had poor performances in 3 out of his last 4 outings. He's still a season or 2 away from becoming an All Star caliber player if he ever does.

Reactions: Aike

Labeling him a bust? Can you read? I said he was well on his way to being a bust because of his poor performance at the time of the original post. You get so angry when people criticize your precious dookies or Ball family member.

You get so angry when people criticize your precious dookies or Ball family member.

I hate Duke and much dislike Lavar Ball (I'm indifferent toward his sons). Anything I posted in this or the other thread has nothing to do with my personal opinion of either.

Instead, the issue is simply you being wrong.

Ingram's performance is quite volatile. He will have a big game here and there, but he has his fair share of duds. After dropping a monstrous 49, he has had poor performances in 3 out of his last 4 outings. He's still a season or 2 away from becoming an All Star caliber player if he ever does.

there’s a very good chance he’s an actual all star this year.

I hate Duke and much dislike Lavar Ball (I'm indifferent toward his sons). Anything I posted in this or the other thread has nothing to do with my personal opinion of either.

Instead, the issue is simply you being wrong.
Nah, you love Duke, thats why you spend so much time defending the abnormal amount of busts they have in the NBA. Not only do you defend them, you do it by putting UK guys down. This explains your smugness, you're a Duke guy.

Why is a post from 2017 being drug up on Brandom Ingram of all people?

A Duke guy who is now in the NBA? What's the point?

No one here likes Duke. However, some hate Duke to the point where they post irrational things, that is acceptable because we all hate Duke, right? What am I missing?

Why is a post from 2017 being drug up on Brandom Ingram of all people?

A Duke guy who is now in the NBA? What's the point?

No one here likes Duke. However, some hate Duke to the point where they post irrational things, that is acceptable because we all hate Duke, right? What am I missing?

Well OP is not very smart, especially when it comes to the NBA (a year or so ago he went on many tantrums guaranteeing that the Lakers would NEVER get two super stars/ max contracts guys (they almost got 3 with Kawhi lol)

Look at this thread. He was wayyyyy off and some people (OP) need a little help and some reminders to eat their crow.

OP-> we all hate Duke with a passion but you should just delete this thread to save embarrassment.

love you Keyser

Reactions: AlbanyWildCat
Well OP is not very smart, especially when it comes to the NBA (a year or so ago he went on many tantrums guaranteeing that the Lakers would NEVER get two super stars/ max contracts guys (they almost got 3 with Kawhi lol)

Look at this thread. He was wayyyyy off and some people (OP) need a little help and some reminders to eat their crow.

OP-> we all hate Duke with a passion but you should just delete this thread to save embarrassment.

love you Keyser

We are all wrong on occasion though. I suppose I'd have to see OP's track record, but I'll take your word for it.

I've stated I think Zion will be a star and his career won't be derailed by his weight....we shall see!

love you Keyser
Here's the 3rd blind mice, also the dumbest poster on this board. No stupid, I didnt say the Lakers would never sign 2 max players, I said the Lakers didnt have enough cap space to sign 3 max guys back when dummies like you said they would. Youre just too stupid to understand the concept of cap space.

Youre the same dummy who got mad when I said the Nazi in Charlottesville ran that girl over on purpose, you started crying about why don't I attack the other side. Remember when you got mad that I jumped on the Nazis are bad train and said "Short answer - being incredibly hypocritical, jumping in on the "nazis are bad!" train (conveniently right after the Charlottesville stuff happened ) while completely ignoring and refusing to admit the political terrorist organizations of the left." Proving yet again that youre the dumbest poster on this board.

Youre the next biggest Duke defender on this board next to UK90, you cry everytime i call one of their players a bust probing yet again, youre the dumbest poster on this board.

Just an FYI but saying Brandon Ingram was well on his way to being a bust at the time wasn't way off, he was awful as a rookie, and off to a terrible start his 2nd year. The thing is you have to apply context and look at the situation at the time, thats something you're too stupid to do.

Oh and BTW, Nazis are bad, they're trash in fact.

Last edited:
We are all wrong on occasion though. I suppose I'd have to see OP's track record, but I'll take your word for it.

I've stated I think Zion will be a star and his career won't be derailed by his weight....we shall see!

He also calls me a nazi lol. He’s... unique.

Look how much my comment triggered him? He just wrote several paragraphs... then... insinuated I was a Nazi (again).

Maybe I’m biased but for awhile there after he was proven wrong about the Lakers/ max contracts... and everyone was roasting him he followed me around for a couple months replying to my comments calling me a Nazi or Nazi sympathizer based off a thread like 2 years ago about Charlottesville (yet can’t provide anything that validates his claims)Pretty sure everyone knows nazis are racist vermin scum.

But who does that? Who throws around the word Nazi so loosely? Maybes it’s a bit of projection.

OP. Brother. We are all wrong sometimes (obviously some more than others...)

Take the L. Admit this thread was way preemptive. Eat your crow. It’ll be okay. Truly. Doubling down and throwing tantrums just makes you look weaker than you already do.

It’s okay to be wrong. :):okay:

Reactions: AlbanyWildCat
He also calls me a nazi lol. He’s... unique.

Look how much my comment triggered him? He just wrote several paragraphs... then... insinuated I was a Nazi (again).

Maybe I’m biased but for awhile there after he was proven wrong about the Lakers/ max contracts... and everyone was roasting him he followed me around for a couple months replying to my comments calling me a Nazi or Nazi sympathizer based off a thread like 2 years ago about Charlottesville (yet can’t provide anything that validates his claims)Pretty sure everyone knows nazis are racist vermin scum.

But who does that? Who throws around the word Nazi so loosely? Maybes it’s a bit of projection.
Why are you worried about me Nazi sympathizer? Speaking of embarrassment, you might want to delete your comments in the Charlottesville thread. Are you denying that you cried about me jumping on the Nazis are bad train and said, "Short answer - being incredibly hypocritical, jumping in on the "nazis are bad!" train (conveniently right after the Charlottesville stuff happened ) while completely ignoring and refusing to admit the political terrorist organizations of the left." Please tell me that you're denying you said that, and I will link the post.

BTW, Nazis are bad.

Well on his way to being a bust and calling him a bust are two different things

Nah, you love Duke, thats why you spend so much time defending the abnormal amount of busts they have in the NBA. Not only do you defend them, you do it by putting UK guys down. This explains your smugness, you're a Duke guy.

Oh, jeez, there it is again. You've been playing this same silly dumb game for years and years. You'll say things that are simply wrong, and then when people dare to disagree or correct you, you falsely accuse them of being fans of rival teams.

It's like this weird little form of message board McCarthyism that reveals more about your character than that of the posters you falsely accuse.

Oh, jeez, there it is again. You've been playing this same silly dumb game for years and years. You'll say things that are simply wrong, and then when people dare to disagree or correct you, you falsely accuse them of being fans of rival teams.

It's like this weird little form of message board McCarthyism that reveals more about your character than that of the posters you falsely accuse.
You've been defending Duke for years, whenever someone calls one of the numerous Duke busts in the NBA you start crying then "whataout" UK players. Call it what you want but you've done it time and time again. Harry Giles, Jahlil Okafor, Jabari Parker, all supposed to ne next level generational talents, all busts, all defending by you by putting down UK who nearly as highly regarded like Marcus Lee and Dakari.

Well on his way to being a bust and calling him a bust are two different things
Hard concept to grasp when youre an angry message board poster. At the time the kid was well on his way to being a bust, congrats to him for turning his career around but it didnt look good early on.

You've been defending Duke for years, whenever someone calls one of the numerous Duke busts in the NBA you start crying then "whataout" UK players. Call it what you want but you've done it time and time again. Harry Giles, Jahlil Okafor, Jabari Parker, all supposed to ne next level generational talents, all busts, all defending by you by putting down UK who nearly as highly regarded like Marcus Lee and Dakari.

This is bullshit.

But I believe I do remember the other thread you're thinking of. It was one where a poster had included guys like Luol Deng and JJ Redick on a list of supposed Duke "busts." I called that out simply because it's batshit stupid to claim that guys like Deng and Redick were busts, NOT because I like Duke.

Just because we hate a team doesn't mean it's OK to make up flat out bullshit about their former players.

Last edited:
This is bullshit.

But I believe I do remember the other thread you're thinking of. It was one where a poster had included guys like Luol Deng and JJ Redick on a list of supposed Duke "busts." I called that out simply because it's batshit stupid to claim that guys like Deng and Redick were busts, NOT because I like Duke.

Just because we hate a team doesn't mean it's OK to make up flat out bullshit about their former players.
You're getting angry again about your precious dookies. My whole point is Duke keeps getting these elite recruits when so many dookies turn out to be busts on the NBA. That's not acceptable to you since we have bust too. Well our NBA players far succeed Duke guys in the NBA and we've spent the last 5 years struggling to sign top 5 guys while dook has been pulling them in at will. Let me stop with the actual issue because we both know you don't want to talk about the actual issue, you just want to argue with me to fit in with your raftard buddies. Just like you did when defended gossiping and spreading rumors with Delonte West and Gloria James, a practice that you know is wrong, but you defended to fit in.

Last edited:
If I go back through this thread, which one of you made the call that Brandon Ingram would be this good?

Oh, none of you? Got it.

Jesus Christ, bringing up a 2017 thread, especially one trashing a college player we all root against, is such a woman thing to do.

Jesus Christ, bringing up a 2017 thread, especially one trashing a college player we all root against, is such a woman thing to do.

Once again, the guy who brought the 2017 thread back is the same one who started the thread and had the bad take, it was NOT someone trying to call him out for it.

You'll have to ask him why he did that, but this thread did not come back for the reason you seem to think.

Why in the hell would the OP dig this thread up. Dumb. You should have just let it die man.

If I go back through this thread, which one of you made the call that Brandon Ingram would be this good?

Oh, none of you? Got it.

It’s not about predicting if Ingram would be this good. It’s about the stupidity declaring someone a bust 1 game into his second season. After a season where he played better in the 2nd half than the first.

But in this very thread you said that Skal could be better than him, so i understand why you wouldn’t want it brought up again.

Reactions: UK90

Oh, none of you? Got it.
Wrong. At least one guy saw it coming:
It's just nonsensically premature to be using the "bust" word anywhere near that kid right now. Hate to break it to you, but most likely Ingram will end up as a very good NBA player.

But, in fairness, that UK90 guy is, like, super duper smart.

It’s not about predicting if Ingram would be this good. It’s about the stupidity declaring someone a bust 1 game into his second season. After a season where he played better in the 2nd half than the first.

But in this very thread you said that Skal could be better than him, so i understand why you wouldn’t want it brought up again.
More like the stupidity of not grasping the difference between well on his way to being a bust and declaring someone is a bust. You're just too stupid to get it and trying to score raftard points. If i say I'm on my way to work I'm not declaring that im at work, I'm decaring that the present circumstances suggest I'm on my way to work just like the present circumstances suggested Brandon Ingram was on his way to being a bust.

Last edited:
More like the stupidity of not grasping the difference to well on his way to being bist and declaring domeone a bust. You're jusy too stupid to get and teying to score raftard points. If i say im on my way to work I'm not declaring that im at work, im decaring that the present circumstances suggest I'm on my way to work just like the present circumstances suggested Brandin Ingram was onnhis way to being a bust.

Umm ...what?

I refuse to believe a sober man typed this paragraph.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT