ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Ingram well on his way to being another Duke NBA bust

Cliff Robinson literally went into the weed business after retiring. Former Trailblazer, shockingly.

cliff-robinson-392aad005c2a92b3.jpg
Yeah, but he doesn't smoke any. He just sells it.

Skal has a very good chance of being a better pro-prospect than Ingram.. Let that sink in. And I'll forever wonder why recruits don't come to UK. But maybe the better question at this point is: If a player doesn't want to come to Kentucky, are they really that strong mentally? I'm not sure this is ALL Calipari. I think some recruits want to work and be pushed, and others don't. The latter go elsewhere...

Skal will be better. Zero doubt

He's young and has zero discernable skills to suggest he'll be a star or worthy of that #2 pick. Poor shooter, not particularly quick, not a particularly good passer, average defender. He does have that Duke hype tho and that means a lot, even on this board.

Harry Giles is the same way, no post game, no face up game, mediocre defender, but he has that Duke hype. People argue that he dominated in HS and he'll be great when healthy, well kinda, he was very good in HS but good knees or bad knees, he doesn't have the skills necessary to be a star in the NBA.

He's young and has zero discernable skills to suggest he'll be a star or worthy of that #2 pick. Poor shooter, not particularly quick, not a particularly good passer, average defender. He does have that Duke hype tho and that means a lot, even on this board.

Harry Giles is the same way, no post game, no face up game, mediocre defender, but he has that Duke hype. People argue that he dominated in HS and he'll be great when healthy, well kinda, he was very good in HS but good knees or bad knees, he doesn't have the skills necessary to be a star in the NBA.

More or less

Nope, Jahlil Okafor is a bust too.

Parker, too. But more so for Injury. A lot of top picks that might amount to zilch. Meanwhile, the only highly drafted Kentucky player who has any resemblance of a bust is MKG, but he's carved a nice roll for himself. Not to mention, he'll have a 10-year career or more (save for injury).

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
As a Laker fan, I don't like what I see from Ingram, but I think they are using him wrong.

He needs be a role player/defensive player 4th option kind of guy for now. They are trying too hard to make him the man. He may never be that, but he certainly isn't ready for it yet.

It is not secret that players coming out of UK is more ready for the NBA than Duke players. Even the scouts know this and have said as much.

Parker, too. But more so for Injury. A lot of top picks that might amount to zilch. Meanwhile, the only highly drafted Kentucky player who has any resemblance of a bust is MKG, but he's carved a nice roll for himself. Not to mention, he'll have a 10-year career or more (save for injury).
MKG has had a ton of injuries. He has definitely disappointed but he is a great defender and rebounder and will always have a role in the league.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
There is no way to know how good they really are/were,another question is why does he get all that you mentioned(no doubt that he does) he is a class jerk on the court and a total fake off the court.Refs should hate him for how he treats them and the language he uses (directed mostly at them)Which brings us to the favorable brackets and seedings,I suppose it is done partly for T V ratings(both for Duke fans and for those that love to hate them)

A great/good coach he is no doubt ,but as you say, there are 15 or 20 just as good who never got the breaks he did.

He is such a great coach that he would have to go undefeated, for the next 10 seasons, to have the same winning percentage as Rupp.

As a Laker fan, I don't like what I see from Ingram, but I think they are using him wrong.

He needs be a role player/defensive player 4th option kind of guy for now. They are trying too hard to make him the man. He may never be that, but he certainly isn't ready for it yet.
Ball will make him better, just not that All-NBA level where he was drafted. Go Kings!

Unreasonably too early to make such a determination. I'd tend to guess at least a solid rotation guy and probable starter based on early results.

Skal has a very good chance of being a better pro-prospect than Ingram.. Let that sink in. And I'll forever wonder why recruits don't come to UK. But maybe the better question at this point is: If a player doesn't want to come to Kentucky, are they really that strong mentally? I'm not sure this is ALL Calipari. I think some recruits want to work and be pushed, and others don't. The latter go elsewhere...
Or they get paid

Ingram went so high because teams are trying to find the next Kevin Durant. The problem for the Lakers is Durant is a freak athlete, shooter, ball handler, defender, passer for a guy who is about 7 feet tall while Ingram is about 6'8" and doesn't have close to the skills that Durant has.

Ingram went so high because teams are trying to find the next Kevin Durant. The problem for the Lakers is Durant is a freak athlete, shooter, ball handler, defender, passer for a guy who is about 7 feet tall while Ingram is about 6'8" and doesn't have close to the skills that Durant has.
6'8, not especially athletic, doesn't have range to the NBA, only a decent shooter, still carries a gallon of milk with 2 hands, there was no reason for him to be as hyped as he was. It was just a Duke thing. Remember, Magic called him untraceable and they turned down Demarcus Cousins because they didn't want to give him up.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
6'8, not especially athletic, doesn't have range to the NBA, only a decent shooter, still carries a gallon of milk with 2 hands, there was no reason for him to be as hyped as he was. It was just a Duke thing. Remember, Magic called him untraceable and they turned down Demarcus Cousins because they didn't want to give him up.
Like I said in the Lonzo thread, he’ll go down as a horrible gm.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
After stinking it up his rookie season on one of the worst teams in the NBA, Ingram has played even worse this preseason. Dude is shooting 8-30 from the field and has only 2 assists in 3 games.

This is the guy that had so much BS Duke hype around him that the Lakers called him untradeable, and wouldn't give him up for Demarcus Cousins. These recruits and NBA teams will never learn.
Besides Kyrie Irving, what ex Duke player currently in the NBA isn't a bust? The jury is still out on Jayson Tatum. But besides Irving & possibly Tatum they've all flopped. But then Krzyzewski teaches flopping.

All time great, has HIV, and is black. Recipe to get zero criticism.
He has spent a lot of money on trying to improve the neighborhood and city he came from. He's a likable fellow too. But he shouldn't be immune to criticism. He seems to be a good person (after learning a harsh life lesson from cheating on his beloved and contracting HIV), but he's a horrible GM.

Much like MJ, great players do NOT make for good GMs.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
So Ball and Ingram both looked great last night. Can you guys start a thread bashing Julius? We need him to turn it on. Go Lakers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT