ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Ingram well on his way to being another Duke NBA bust

Parker, too. But more so for Injury. A lot of top picks that might amount to zilch. Meanwhile, the only highly drafted Kentucky player who has any resemblance of a bust is MKG, but he's carved a nice roll for himself. Not to mention, he'll have a 10-year career or more (save for injury).

MKG is a very productive NBA player when he plays. He is under the radar because there is a bias against players with middling points per game.

A common mistake is conflating "bust" with underperforming draft position.

Just because a guy was the 2nd pick, and ends up playing more like the 12th pick, doesn't make him a bust.

MKG is a very productive NBA player when he plays. He is under the radar because there is a bias against players with middling points per game.

I don't think he's a bust.. I'm more or less saying he's the only one so far that rivals could say didn't totally pan out for being a 2nd pick. That said.. If MKG's NBA career is their argument.. Then we're doing pretty damn well!

Deflection? I literally posted about MKG in this very thread. What exactly am I deflecting? You're just too lazy to go back and read. Here, let me help you.

Yeah , I saw it buddy. My point stands the same. You make up random excuses and use the “injury “ card to attempt to further solidify your incorrect premise.
Your mkg post was ... wait for it ....

Deflection ;)

That being said I can kinda see where you’re coming from ... and I hope he’s a bust Bc he’s a Dukie lol, But your reasoning is incredibly flawed and somewhat naive / sophomoric.

Yeah , I saw it buddy. My point stands the same. You make up random excuses and use the “injury “ card to attempt to further solidify your incorrect premise.
Your mkg post was ... wait for it ....

Deflection ;)

That being said I can kinda see where you’re coming from ... and I hope he’s a bust Bc he’s a Dukie lol, But your reasoning is incredibly flawed and somewhat naive / sophomoric.
What am I deflecting? How is it an injury card, he was legitimately injured part or most of 3 of his first 4 seasons. You're free to disagree if you'd like but you're taking my opinion of Brandon Ingram opinion awfully seriously. You seem to be really hurt by it. Are you a family member or a Duke fan?

A common mistake is conflating "bust" with underperforming draft position.

Just because a guy was the 2nd pick, and ends up playing more like the 12th pick, doesn't make him a bust.

Really, we should alter the way we judge "bust" and career in the NBA. Only a select few in any given draft will be stars or even good players. Merely sticking around in the league for 8 years is spectacular even for guys picked in the top 10.

Reactions: Aike
What am I deflecting? How is it an injury card, he was legitimately injured part or most of 3 of his first 4 seasons. You're free to disagree if you'd like but you're taking my opinion of Brandon Ingram opinion awfully seriously. You seem to be really hurt by it. Are you a family member or a Duke fan?

Yeah that’s it lol. I’m a duke fan. Don’t be like Steelers dude.

Coming soon to a second round bust of some lucky teams choosing will be gayson. Not to mention the others. Such as Jackson eventually Trent as and jones as well much like his brother. They still have hope with bagley and carter. I don't know if k can screw bagley up bad enough

Bagley , Trent, Carter, and Duval will all be taught the art of tripping, flopping, whining, driving to the basket throwing you head back then throw your legs out and falling to the floor like you have had some kind of a seizure, and look to the bench for your coach to cuss the referees unmercifully by the fat pig Chapel and Saint Rat Face.

Reactions: BurpinTurpin
Coming soon to a second round bust of some lucky teams choosing will be gayson. Not to mention the others. Such as Jackson eventually Trent as and jones as well much like his brother. They still have hope with bagley and carter. I don't know if k can screw bagley up bad enough

Exactly. Gonna be hard to screw up Bagely. But if there's gonna be a coach to underdevelop top 5 talent, it will be K.

Exactly. Gonna be hard to screw up Bagely. But if there's gonna be a coach to underdevelop top 5 talent, it will be K.
They screwed up Jahlil Okafor and Harry Giles still jas not post game, no shot, or any skill that would make him an above average big in the NBA. Bagley is great offensively in HS but can't play a lick of defense. Well see if his offensive skills translate when goes up against guys his own size who can walk and chew gum at the same time consistently.

Reactions: Willy4UK
They screwed up Jahlil Okafor and Harry Giles still jas not post game, no shot, or any skill that would make him an above average big in the NBA. Bagley is great offensively in HS but can't play a lick of defense. Well see if his offensive skills translate when goes up against guys his own size who can walk and chew gum at the same time consistently.

Wait where do you get Bagley can't play a lick of defense from? He's a good defender.

Totally agree. K teaches them nothing

I have not looked in a while, but towards the end of last season, I looked at the Lakers stats and Ingram was *unbelievably bad* in plus/minus and efficiency wise.

I looked because I was getting frustrated that everyone was acting like Julius Randle was expendable, but if you looked at the stats, it was clear that Julius was the best player on the team.

Reactions: fatguy87
Not sure averaging 16 and 5 as a 19 yr old 2nd year player should carry the label of sucking. He has skills. We will see what he can do moving forward now playing with the best player in the world.

Reactions: 1war
Randle was the Lakers best player and the advanced stats back it up. ingram however has better range and that is the only thing that the Lakers were concered about. i hope he sucks it up.

47/39 are good shooting percentages. And both big jumps between his rookie and sophomore season. For a guy that was relied on as a primary scoring option as a 19 and 20 year old he shot pretty well. The lakers just sucked. Thats not his fault. Hes no bust. Especially in what was a rather weak draft looking back on it. I hate Duke as much as the next guy but Ingram is solid and will be a great player and AS in the future.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT