ADVERTISEMENT

Bracket Matrix update

UK the best 7 seed.

Feels like we are destined for a 6 or 7. And I’m fine with that, just stay out of the 8/9 game.

I’d say if we win out, a 5 seed is likely.

Lose at Arkansas and on Saturday of SEC tourney and we get a 7. Only lose one more and we get a 6.

Arkansas as an 8-seed with Smith, jr back is scary shit.

UK at a 7 is dangerous, TBH.....

I see 1-1 to end year. I don't think anyone is beating Alabama(SECT). So probably 2-1 in SECT.
Puts UK at 23-11 entering NCAAT-----6/7 seed. And dangerous.

UK the best 7 seed.

Feels like we are destined for a 6 or 7. And I’m fine with that, just stay out of the 8/9 game.

Lose at Arkansas and on Saturday of SEC tourney and we get a 7. Only lose one more and we get a 6.

Why do they list 6 11 seeds, instead of 4? Are they just saying Oklahoma St. and Wisconsin are their first 2 teams out? Edit: I guess that's to account for play-in games?

UK the best 7 seed.

I'd prefer to stay out of a 7-10 match as well. 10s beat 7s all the time.

We don't know nothing yet other then we are the second highest 6 seed with two bad team we face this week. Beat these teams first. Don't look ahead.

Why do they list 6 11 seeds, instead of 4? Are they just saying Oklahoma St. and Wisconsin are their first 2 teams out? Edit: I guess that's to account for play-in games?
Exactly, there are six 11 seeds and six 16 seeds in the 68 team field.

The lowest four 11s and the lowest four 16s play each other to enter the "real" tournament.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
UK's seed position on Sat of the SEC tourney is where we will be on Sunday. The games on Sunday have little if any effect on seeding. The only exception is if a team that was on the outside of the bubble wins their conference tourney.
We will beat Vandy (or should) and probably lose at Arky on Sat.
Two wins in the SEC-T and we might make it to a #6 depending on other results. But, I'd say a #7 is very likely at this point.

Reactions: ganner918
A 7 sucks. We need a 6 at worst to have a legit shot of making it out of the first weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: Wonky
UK the best 7 seed.

Woohoo the best 7 seed! Let’s raise Cal’s buyout to $100 million!!!!

I hope we stay in the 6/7 range. Don't even want to go up to a 4/5. Prefer to stay out of the top bracket.

The 2s and 3s all feel weak. Don't want Houston, Bama, Purdue at all. Kansas scares me less, but they still scare me

Give me a 7/10 seed any day versus an 8/9 or 6. 7/10 has to go through the 2 seed to reach the Regional Final versus the 8/9/6 having to meet the 1 seed to make the Regional Final.
6 is in the bottom bracket. Plays the 3 in Round 2 and 2 in Sweet 16

The guy that runs Bracketville, which has UK as a 6 seed right now, says this about UK's ceiling fwiw.
Going into this week’s games, the most likely scenario has Alabama — the nation’s No. 2-ranked team — as the 1 seed and Kentucky as the 3 seed in the SEC Tournament. If that happens, it would mean UK couldn’t face Bama until the title game, which wouldn’t end until two-plus hours before the Selection Sunday show begins. If Kentucky wins both this week, wins its first two in the SEC tourney, and then beats Bama in the title game, would that be enough to move the Wildcats up to a 4 seed? “It’s certainly possible,” Ommen said. “Kentucky could be in a situation where they can be right on the cutline of a 4-5, and the committee could make a decision that, ‘If they win this game at 1 o’clock …’ Or they might predetermine, ‘No, this game isn’t going to change the outcome one way or the other.’ I mean, they’re not going to tell people that. But there have just been too many times we’ve seen it and then a team basically was where we thought they were going to be, and their two big wins in the conference tournament didn’t really matter.”

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...tball-men/article272614222.html#storylink=cpy

The guy that runs Bracketville, which has UK as a 6 seed right now, says this about UK's ceiling fwiw.
Going into this week’s games, the most likely scenario has Alabama — the nation’s No. 2-ranked team — as the 1 seed and Kentucky as the 3 seed in the SEC Tournament. If that happens, it would mean UK couldn’t face Bama until the title game, which wouldn’t end until two-plus hours before the Selection Sunday show begins. If Kentucky wins both this week, wins its first two in the SEC tourney, and then beats Bama in the title game, would that be enough to move the Wildcats up to a 4 seed? “It’s certainly possible,” Ommen said. “Kentucky could be in a situation where they can be right on the cutline of a 4-5, and the committee could make a decision that, ‘If they win this game at 1 o’clock …’ Or they might predetermine, ‘No, this game isn’t going to change the outcome one way or the other.’ I mean, they’re not going to tell people that. But there have just been too many times we’ve seen it and then a team basically was where we thought they were going to be, and their two big wins in the conference tournament didn’t really matter.”

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...tball-men/article272614222.html#storylink=cpy
Here's his current bracket.

I’m thinking we go ahead and win out. I think the boys are up for the challenge. Bama can have a game where shots aren’t faking. If we get there, pressure is on them not UK. Let’s go.

Would you take UK in the South Region (Louisville) if the #1 is Alabama? Two of the hypothetical brackets in this article have Alabama as the 1 seed in the South.

Would you take UK in the South Region (Louisville) if the #1 is Alabama? Two of the hypothetical brackets in this article have Alabama as the 1 seed in the South.
I absolutely would. Great thing about being a 6 or 7 seed would be we could only meet them in the Elite Eight. They could well lose in the Sweet 16. And if we face them in Louisville, we'd have a huge crowd advantage of course.

UK's seed position on Sat of the SEC tourney is where we will be on Sunday. The games on Sunday have little if any effect on seeding. The only exception is if a team that was on the outside of the bubble wins their conference tourney.
We will beat Vandy (or should) and probably lose at Arky on Sat.
Two wins in the SEC-T and we might make it to a #6 depending on other results. But, I'd say a #7 is very likely at this point.
This is very logical reasoning.

If we make it to the sweet 16 we are playing with house money. Heck, 3 weeks ago we were on the outside looking in. I set my expectations at that point of if we make it I will be happy just to be a part of March Madness. If we make it to the Sweet 16 after the year we have had, I will be over the moon.

Reactions: Cats192
After missing the tournament in 21, then losing in the first round in 2022, it's total failure on Cal's part that we are looking at a 6 seed. Marquette, Saint Mary's, San Diego State, Indiana, Miami, Xavier all with higher seeds (projected). Creighton is a 6 also. We need to beat Vandy and Arkansas, then advance to at least the Elite 8 for this season to be considered mildly successful. I really think the minimum standard should be a final 4 this year, but that's not happening.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
How many times in all of cbb history has that happened? These stupid references. The other 99% of the time says HELLO
28 seven seeds have gone onto the Sweet Sixteen. 10 in the last ten years. But overall, 19% of 7 seeds have gone past the first weekend.

Odds would be against us but it's not unfathomable or anything.

28 seven seeds have gone onto the Sweet Sixteen. 10 in the last ten years. But overall, 19% of 7 seeds have gone past the first weekend.

Odds would be against us but it's not unfathomable or anything.
What are you talking about? I’m not talking about a sweet sixteen. I’m talking titles.

What are you talking about? I’m not talking about a sweet sixteen. I’m talking titles.
I thought you were referring to your original statement of "We need a 6 at worst to have a legit shot of making it out of the first weekend."

I thought you were referring to your original statement of "We need a 6 at worst to have a legit shot of making it out of the first weekend."
No i think we can get to a sweet sixteen from a 7 or 6. That’s not an issue. Some guy replied that 2014 says “hello” and I’m just saying what happened in 2014 was a massive outlier.

Reactions: Cats192
No i think we can get to a sweet sixteen from a 7 or 6. That’s not an issue. Some guy replied that 2014 says “hello” and I’m just saying what happened in 2014 was a massive outlier.

Plus do people even remember 2014 and how we made that run?

I mean we were one possession from going home in the second round to Wichita St.

It took heroic shot after heroic shot by Harrison to make that run.

It was great. But it's hardly something that I would say is repeatable

Reactions: Wildcats1st
Plus do people even remember 2014 and how we made that run?

I mean we were one possession from going home in the second round to Wichita St.

It took heroic shot after heroic shot by Harrison to make that run.

It was great. But it's hardly something that I would say is repeatable
It pisses me off also that so many fans still knock the Harrison twins after they took us to 2 final fours in their two seasons.

UK the best 7 seed.

UPDATE: according to Bracket Matrix, UK is now the last #6 seed. But, they also have St. Mary's and San Diego State as #5's so I don't know how much weight I'd give that site.

UPDATE: according to Bracket Matrix, UK is now the last #6 seed. But, they also have St. Mary's and San Diego State as #5's so I don't know how much weight I'd give that site.
That site just takes the average of all bracket projections updated in real time.

Pretty much everybody who projects the tourney is putting San Diego State and St. Mary's as 5 seeds. Quite a few of them think San Diego State is a four seed.

Reactions: ganner918
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT