L at Auburn
W at LSU
W Alabama
L at MIssissippi St.
W Arkansas
W Vanderbilt
L at Tennessee

8-5 to finish
22-9 Regular Season ( I think we win one that I listed as a L but lose one I have listed as a W)
1-1 SECT
2-1 NCAAT as a 6 seed

25-11 Season

Losing 7 in the sec is unacceptable but you are probably right. Sounds about right on sec and ncaa too. You may be more positive on thinking we make sweet 16 though.
If you go into the tournament 23-10 you’re going to have a real game in the second round for sure. Maybe the first.

The only remaining road game I think we win is at Vandy. No way we win out at home either. Only Cal could turn a roster this talented into a Round of 32/Sweet 16 failure. After we flame out in the tournament again he needs to go. The only thing that should buy him more time is if he somehow, by some miracle, gets this squad to the Final Four

I’ll say we win at Ark, split UT, keep the rest of the predictions, win the SECT and are a low 2 high 3 on selection Sunday.

That Arkansas game is so interesting. They play at Ole Miss tonight. If they lose tonight they probably feel like their season is over. They would be 10-9 with a NET around 120, it would essentially be over for them. I could however see them seeing Saturday as a chance to get back on track with Gameday in town if they win tonight. To put Arkansas in perspective, they are lower than UNCW in the NET. Looking at their roster it’s hard to believe they’re that bad.

As a starting point for this conversation it’s important to note that while last night was awful, it was a Q1 loss that dropped us 1 spot in the NET.

L at Arkansas
W Florida
L Tennessee
W at Vanderbilt
W Gonzaga
W Mississippi
L at Auburn
W at LSU
W Alabama
L at MIssissippi St.
W Arkansas
W Vanderbilt
L at Tennessee

8-5 to finish
22-9 Regular Season ( I think we win one that I listed as a L but lose one I have listed as a W)
1-1 SECT
2-1 NCAAT as a 6 seed

25-11 Season
Nah. Heck, even the first on the list is wrong imo. I think the road game at Ark is a win.

Reactions: Dncmaxwell
L at Arkansas
W Florida
L Tennessee
W at Vanderbilt
W Gonzaga
W Mississippi
L at Auburn
W at LSU
W Alabama
L at MIssissippi St.
W Arkansas
W Vanderbilt
L at Tennessee

8-5 to finish
1-1 SECT
2-1 NCAAT as a 6 seed

25-11 Season
We lost to Vandy twice last year. We'll lose at their place. And @ LSU. Not so sure we'll beat Ole Miss at home either. Potentially we're gonna be 22-14 and we probably won't make the SS.

Reactions: ukjenning44
We always have a hard time playing at Vandy, regardless of how good their team is. It’s always a 50/50 game.

L at Arkansas
W Florida
L Tennessee
W at Vanderbilt
W Gonzaga
W Mississippi
L at Auburn
W at LSU
W Alabama
L at MIssissippi St.
W Arkansas
W Vanderbilt
L at Tennessee

8-5 to finish
1-1 SECT
2-1 NCAAT as a 6 seed

25-11 Season
Arkansas is not good.

L at Auburn, at UT, at MSU or LSU
13-5 SEC (tie UT for 2nd behind Auburn)
2-1 SEC-T
26-8 going into NCAA-T as a 3 seed (we will think we should have gotten a 2, but 3 B12 teams and Duke will get them)

8-5 to finish - looks to be correct
22-9 Regular Season
2-1 SECT
2-1 NCAAT as a 5 seed
(Lose in a rock fight to some team whose dudes were tougher and rougher, plus 4-20 from 3)

26-11 with so much potential, and 7 players will be gone.

This always happens after we lose a game. We had been winning on the road and finally lost one, and then suddenly predictions are off the cliff.

I'm not saying we are going to win out. But I am not jumping on this sudden "OMG WTF WE SUCK" boat...yet. Last night may be what this team needed to finally play some damned defense. Of course, it could also be the start of a skid, but I'll hold out panic until we see how they recover/rebound this Saturday at Arkansas. Then see how they do with UF and UT at Rupp next week (I'll be at both games!).

I honestly think the reason we flopped last night was because of Cal's bizarre and way-to-frequent sub pattern. Never seen anything like that.

L at Arkansas
W Florida
L Tennessee
W at Vanderbilt
W Gonzaga
W Mississippi
L at Auburn
W at LSU
W Alabama
L at MIssissippi St.
W Arkansas
W Vanderbilt
L at Tennessee

8-5 to finish
1-1 SECT
2-1 NCAAT as a 6 seed

25-11 Season
Looks about right another double digit loss season

L at Arkansas
W Florida
L Tennessee
W at Vanderbilt
W Gonzaga
W Mississippi
L at Auburn
W at LSU
W Alabama
L at MIssissippi St.
W Arkansas
W Vanderbilt
L at Tennessee

8-5 to finish
1-1 SECT
2-1 NCAAT as a 6 seed

25-11 Season

This is too real 😂. I hope you are wrong, but this is about how last night left me feeling too!

3 seed is probably our ceiling at this point. We have only two quad 1 wins, and really only ONE good win. Oh and a quad 3 loss..

Cal will get to hijack this program until he retires.

We're stuck with him. The best thing about him is that he's brought us into the forefront with NBA recognition and subsequently with recruits. If we cut ties with him, we lose connections to both.

He'll average 25 to 28 wins for the rest of his tenure here, and we'll have to just take his substandard output if we want to keep our connection to recruiting and the NBA.

It is what it is.

L at Arkansas
W Florida
L Tennessee
W at Vanderbilt
W Gonzaga
W Mississippi
L at Auburn
W at LSU
W Alabama
L at MIssissippi St.
W Arkansas
W Vanderbilt
L at Tennessee

8-5 to finish
1-1 SECT
2-1 NCAAT as a 6 seed

25-11 Season
Respectfully, that's a little dire. I don't do a lot of College Basketball betting or predicting because we're talking bout really young kids but I'd be hight surprised if we lost at Arkansas. I've seen a few of their games-or actually parts of their games because they're really unwatchable, and they're really struggling. I also think we're going to beat Tennessee up here..not sure about down there. If your predictions hold true, we'll finish the SEC with seven losses and I would guess five is worst case. I think we either win the SEC Tournament or make it to the final game.

Lots of stuff can happen between now and late March but it wouldn't surprise me to see us make the elite eight and after that it's kind of a coin flip. We'll just have to see.

Reactions: jedwar
L at Arkansas
W Florida
L Tennessee
W at Vanderbilt
W Gonzaga
W Mississippi
L at Auburn
W at LSU
W Alabama
L at MIssissippi St.
W Arkansas
W Vanderbilt
L at Tennessee

8-5 to finish
1-1 SECT
2-1 NCAAT as a 6 seed

25-11 Season
W at Arkansas
W Florida
W Tennessee
W at Vanderbilt
W Gonzaga
W Mississippi
L at Auburn
W at LSU
W Alabama
L at MIssissippi St.
W Arkansas
W Vanderbilt
L at Tennessee

10-3, maybe 9-4, 24-7 or 23-8 - 4th seed, lose to #1 seed in SS

And at the end some of us will cheer while all the draft picks submit their school-written "thank you Big Blue Nation for the great season we had" letters.

UK gets up for big games, I'd say they beat UT at home and lose at LSU and a home loss to Ole Miss.

Sick and tired of the Calipari era. The results the first five years made it easy to overlook all this crap and excuse it because the ends justified the means. They haven't since 2015.

UK gets up for big games, I'd say they beat UT at home and lose at LSU and a home loss to Ole Miss.
I’m Cindy corned about the Ole Miss game. Idk how physical OM is but I’m afraid they will dictate tempo.

Respectfully, that's a little dire. I don't do a lot of College Basketball betting or predicting because we're talking bout really young kids but I'd be hight surprised if we lost at Arkansas. I've seen a few of their games-or actually parts of their games because they're really unwatchable, and they're really struggling. I also think we're going to beat Tennessee up here..not sure about down there. If your predictions hold true, we'll finish the SEC with seven losses and I would guess five is worst case. I think we either win the SEC Tournament or make it to the final game.

Lots of stuff can happen between now and late March but it wouldn't surprise me to see us make the elite eight and after that it's kind of a coin flip. We'll just have to see.
Hope you’re right. If we can win Saturday I think losing the others is not horrible. I think UT is a horrible matchup for us.

Reactions: MadaboutBlue
This always happens after we lose a game. We had been winning on the road and finally lost one, and then suddenly predictions are off the cliff.

I'm not saying we are going to win out. But I am not jumping on this sudden "OMG WTF WE SUCK" boat...yet. Last night may be what this team needed to finally play some damned defense. Of course, it could also be the start of a skid, but I'll hold out panic until we see how they recover/rebound this Saturday at Arkansas. Then see how they do with UF and UT at Rupp next week (I'll be at both games!).

I honestly think the reason we flopped last night was because of Cal's bizarre and way-to-frequent sub pattern. Never seen anything like that.
Other than the Arkansas game, the others are what I thought before last night. Hope I’m wrong and we play like we can and only lose 2–3 more in the regular season. Some bad matchups coming up I’m afraid.

Screw it, I’ve been negative all day. I’ve had a long day. Im going to make a choice to be positive to finish it out. We don’t lose another SEC game, win SEC tourney, get a 1 seed and make a Final Four.

Bookmark now.

Just to be t completely transparent - I’m working on two hours sleep the last two nights. Could be half asleep right now and I have another 4 hours of work ahead of me.

Go Cats!

If these double digit loss predictions come true in this thread Calipari needs to be shown the door the next day after the last loss. If Mitch doesn't have the balls then he needs to go too.

People made fun when I said Auburn will probably beat us like the Zion Duke team did.
I wasn’t laughing when I posted it.

They’ve got what, 14 wins at present?

14-178, Mitch rewards Cal with an entire afterlife contract, and he remains head coach, both alive and deceased, through the 2163 season, where they finish with a 1-79 record.

• Wow
Reactions: jedwar
What’s scary…and perhaps indicative of this teams’ low ceiling…is that I have no idea what to expect now. Literally no confidence now in this team and certainly not the coach.

L at Arkansas
W Florida
L Tennessee
W at Vanderbilt
W Gonzaga
W Mississippi
L at Auburn
W at LSU
W Alabama
L at MIssissippi St.
W Arkansas
W Vanderbilt
L at Tennessee

8-5 to finish
1-1 SECT
2-1 NCAAT as a 6 seed

25-11 Season
Now we basically have 10 loss Cal….. I mean everyone gave Tubby Hell for 10 losses it’s becoming normal for the 9 million dollar man anymore and he has had more talent!!!!

So many chicken Littles and over reactions after a curb stomping on the road.

W at Arkansas
W Florida
W Tennessee
W at Vanderbilt
W Gonzaga
W Mississippi
L at Auburn
W at LSU
W Alabama
W at MIssissippi St.
W Arkansas
W Vanderbilt
L at Tennessee

I believe I'll be closer than originally post will be. Sad thing is we do only lose 2-3 more in the regular season and we most likely get a 1 seed and all these same people calling for doom and gloom and 11-12 losses will jump back on the band wagon. Even the talking heads that hate us know we have a squad this year. Fans are too delusioned from a few bad seasons to even see it. Losses will happen, it's been happening to every top 10 team this year, but it doesn't mean our team suddenly sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT