ADVERTISEMENT

Bilas was fine today

He is always great calling games. He , Doris burke , Hubie Brown ( I know he doesn't call college though ) and a few others are the elites. But to each their own . I actually like the IU guy whose name always escapes me who was doing sideline today. He is funny as hell and always says crazy ass things like EJ is like Sam Bowie LMAO.

Reactions: Jkwo
He is always great calling games. He , Doris burke , Hubie Brown ( I know he doesn't call college though ) and a few others are the elites. But to each their own . I actually like the IU guy whose name always escapes me who was doing sideline today. He is funny as hell and always says crazy ass things like EJ is like Sam Bowie LMAO.

Dakich. I like him as an analyst.

Also, I’d rather watch somebody paint a house than to listen to Doris Burke. I like Jeff Van Gundy though.

Yep, He limited any Duke discussion. He was really praising Tyler Herro throughout the game, maybe a little too much, but Herro’s overall play deserved some run.

Reactions: Aike
Yep, He limited any Duke discussion. He was really praising Tyler Herro throughout the game, maybe a little too much, but Herro’s overall play deserved some run.

I thought he had good recognition of who his audience was today. I thought he used to have that all the time. He’s gotten away from that in recent years.

He spent a whole lot of time wishing things would have went lewisville way though. A whole lot of time. Other than that...

Last edited:
I thought he was fine today.
I thought just the opposite. Entirely too much blather from both being the experts of our very own Cats and giving us blow-by-blow itemization of every move being made. Granted, there wasn't the duke talk today, but still, is all that hot air really necessary when we can see very well what's going on in the game for ourselves? Very irritating, I think.

Or maybe he was trying to show the rest of college basketball that Herro is a player?? I didn't mind Bilas either today. I really haven't had much of a problem with him calling our games.

Say what you want about Dakich, but I really like his role as the third commentator or hybrid sideline reporter. He’s an ass but he doesn’t sugar coat anything and certainly doesn’t kiss the ACC’s ass like Bilas and others tend to do.
U6 fans were signaling him tht he is #1 :)

Reactions: Appalwood
Kept it on background sound due to having a lot of people over to watch it. Assumed he would be trash per usual. Glad to hear he was decent for those that listened

I like Dakich and you probably won't find another national commenter with more understanding of our program's history and culture even from an IU guy.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Bilas will always be a puke homer, because that’s where he played. Can’t blame him for that. I thought he had some positive things to say about UK today.

I WOULD like to see him cite the actual rule that states that when the ball is loose, "incidental contact" is not a foul. He stated that is "by rule."

I thought he was gonna cry when we didn’t get whistled for that unguarded throw-in after the basket. But other than that he was fine.

For Bilas.

Bilas is a great in game analyst , maybe the best, but he has revealed a biased side the last few years , mainly his incomprehensible defending of unc in the face of obvious corruption.

Bilas is a fraud a liar and a terrible human being

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT