ADVERTISEMENT

Big Z ineligible?

Just play him and tell the NCAA we will work on our punishment for year 2087.
Yeah right. You know better. We be drawn, quartered, and for good measure shot. It would be so expedited our heads would spin. Because as we all know, only UK ever cheats. Everyone else skirts the rules or is misunderstood? Not us. We'd be the blatant cheaters and condemned immediately.

Hell, Bama gets away with having a potential conspirator to murder on their team but WE'RE the evil empire.

They'd LEAP at a chance to sanction us.

I know it’s probably me just being paranoid, but it does seem like other schools have no problem getting their international players eligible, while we seem to always have trouble with it.

And considering we rarely bring in international players (Canada doesn’t count), and programs like Gonzaga and Arizona seem to bring in multiple guys every year, it seems suspicious.
It may be that UK just isn't efficient at getting these things done.

Reactions: bucsrule8872
Didnt you guys know, UK is not allowed to have more than one white guy in their rotation as anymore than that would harken back to the Rupp dynasty and would ruffle too many feathers across the country.

If they had legitimate news that Z would not be suiting up this season there would be plenty of poorly written articles on their website stating why that is the case. It is much easier to say a passing remark than it is to factually state your case (with or without hearsay, which can be newsworthy at times if you have the sources). At the least it would get their website click after clickclickclickclickclick.

Just checked, I didn’t see any. Look forward to seeing what he can do for our team next year.

Some of you don’t understand the art of driving listeners to your show. That’s exactly what Jones is doing. Say something controversial without being definitive that will generate anxiety & intrigue and then you have ‘em hooked.

They’ll tune in to listen for any morsel of information surrounding the subject. Jones is slowly learning how to perfect this because he has a captive audience and knows how to maximize that potential.. Big Z will be on the court for UK this year. Mark it down.

It was officially announced that he had enrolled and signed up for classes. I don't think they let you do that before your academic status has been verified.
Being able to attend classes and being eligible to play athletics are two different things. That being said, I hope he can play.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Apparently Pilgrim is at the fantasy camp this weekend and trying to get info.

I'm in my final week of KSR+ trial which I didn't renew. I will funnel anything I read on there as I have 6 days left.

From JP today:

Initially heard more concern about pro history than anything academic. But overall confidence he’ll be here and play. Still operating with that mindset until I hear otherwise.

Aaron Bradshaw is still in a boot, but moving around well and shooting during breaks. Crushing it as a coach, took diligent notes during the evaluation period and warmups before the draft. Drawing up plays, coaching up his guys, really involved. Just seems like an awesome kid. Gets it as a player here.

I know it’s probably me just being paranoid, but it does seem like other schools have no problem getting their international players eligible, while we seem to always have trouble with it.

And considering we rarely bring in international players (Canada doesn’t count), and programs like Gonzaga and Arizona seem to bring in multiple guys every year, it seems suspicious.
Why doesn’t Canada count?

Not fit the agenda?

It’s certainly international.

“Ok, I’m going international. But I’m only counting the foreign countries I want to count”.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
They talk sports on that show? The few times I have tuned in over the past several months it’s always political talk…. Strange.

Reactions: RipThru
They talk sports on that show? The few times I have tuned in over the past several months it’s always political talk…. Strange.
Funny you should say that. I’m pretty sure they were doing ANOTHER food bracket today, so I cut it off like I do after 10 minutes almost every day now. Then as I was unplugging my Bluetooth it cut back to the very end of the show and that’s when I caught what he said about Z (which is probably all BS as stated by others just because Jones craves attention)

Reactions: jauk11
You all are looking at this wrong. This is Sharpe #2, coming to make NIL money, use our facilities and prepare for the draft. He was only coming to practice with our guys.
Unless you have some basis for your post you should quit spreading rumors.

And I doubt very much if you have any basis for it.

Reactions: mebeblue2
Matt Jones just spreading BS, so he will get people to his program. and of course everybody take the bait. relax everything is going to be fine
most of the time I wouldn't believe that but I do find it weird he waited until the end of the show to bring it up.

I'm in my final week of KSR+ trial which I didn't renew. I will funnel anything I read on there as I have 6 days left.

From JP today:

Initially heard more concern about pro history than anything academic. But overall confidence he’ll be here and play. Still operating with that mindset until I hear otherwise.

Aaron Bradshaw is still in a boot, but moving around well and shooting during breaks. Crushing it as a coach, took diligent notes during the evaluation period and warmups before the draft. Drawing up plays, coaching up his guys, really involved. Just seems like an awesome kid. Gets it as a player here.
Good to hear, I don’t want Bradshaw to rush at all. Get totally healthy and then be 100% when he comes back. I want him to be in the lineup every game. Not 5 games over the season.

Matt Jones hints at good news usually met with cautious optimism, hints at bad news he’s doing it for attention to his show 😂

Reactions: G-PIP
Yeah right. You know better. We be drawn, quartered, and for good measure shot. It would be so expedited our heads would spin. Because as we all know, only UK ever cheats. Everyone else skirts the rules or is misunderstood? Not us. We'd be the blatant cheaters and condemned immediately.

Hell, Bama gets away with having a potential conspirator to murder on their team but WE'RE the evil empire.

They'd LEAP at a chance to sanction us.

Drag our feet then. Make it so murky and be so uncooperative like other schools have done, and force the NCAA to invest money and time (things they dont have) into figuring out something so silly, a European player's eligibility play college ball in 2023.

The NCAA really doesn't have much power anymore. Not only do I wish we would just play Z, but I almost kind of wish the NCAA would dare to try something on one of college basketballs biggest money makers, while looking the other way for schools like Kansas and UNC. I think Kentucky would eviscerate them if they dared to blink at us after everything the NCAA has allowed, and I think the NCAA knows that.

From JP today:

I thought Bradshaw said he’d be back by August 9th. Hope we’re not dealing with another Jarod Vanderbilt situation with him.

Drag our feet then. Make it so murky and be so uncooperative like other schools have done, and force the NCAA to invest money and time (things they dont have) into figuring out something so silly, a European player's eligibility play college ball in 2023.

The NCAA really doesn't have much power anymore. Not only do I wish we would just play Z, but I almost kind of wish the NCAA would dare to try something on one of college basketballs biggest money makers, while looking the other way for schools like Kansas and UNC. I think Kentucky would eviscerate them if they dared to blink at us after everything the NCAA has allowed, and I think the NCAA knows that.
We will get dragged through the mud by everyone not a UK fan or media.

I'm just sick of every time we try to do something a little different, all of a sudden there's an issue.

I thought Bradshaw said he’d be back by August 9th. Hope we’re not dealing with another Jarod Vanderbilt situation with him.
i have never read anything on that or an exact timeline
most people figured about 2 months from the day of surgery since it takes about that long for a bone to heal

Reactions: Fox2monk
Why doesn’t Canada count?

Not fit the agenda?

It’s certainly international.

“Ok, I’m going international. But I’m only counting the foreign countries I want to count”.
if you don’t know the difference, then I don’t know what to tell you.

This.

Play him and tell the NCAA to piss off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT