ADVERTISEMENT

Big game for Clappy and Izzo tonight.

MdWIldcat55

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
Right now, Lunardi has both just outside the NCAA Tournament.

Indiana has looked much better to me, so far. Michigan State cannot afford to lose this game at home.

Hoosiers by 5.

Originally posted by MdWIldcat55:
Right now, Lunardi has both just outside the NCAA Tournament.

Indiana has looked much better to me, so far. Michigan State cannot afford to lose this game at home.

Hoosiers by 5.
Agree that Mich St can't drop this one,IU may be better than we want them to be but don't forget UL beat the crap out of them not too long ago.i hope Crean pitches some kind of a fit about something tonight.It is great watching him look like complete goof ball

I don't see Indiana winning this one in East Lansing. I understand why some would pick them because they've been playing pretty well lately and MSU not so much. But my gut tells me MSU will win this one by 6-8 points tonight.

This game reminds me a lot of the SC vs. FL game in the SEC...the difference is MSU is at home while FL goes on the road. As mostly always in college basketball, give me the home team in a projected close game. MSU.

IU= Live by the 3, die by the 3. Tonite they're on the morphine drip.

Come on IU, make it a little closer (36-17 half, MSU) by end of game so Clappy can get a nice, well-deserved extension!

Originally posted by St.PatterSoN-54-:

Sparty by 10 to 15. Mark it down.
Well, we both appear to have called it, but you look to be much closer in margin than I am. Sparty up 19 as I type this, 39-20.

Jeez. 39 - 17 at halftime against the absolute worst Michigan State team in a decade. That's gotta' hurt.

Hoosier Joe defending IU like a mighty swashbuckler tonight ! Every other post has been to tell those on Peegs that are calling a crappy team a crappy team - and a crappy played game a crappy played game - and a crappy coach, well, a crappy coach, to go watch something else and stop the complaining. LOL
laugh.r191677.gif
Pure Comedy, man !

Looks like he's got his work cut out for him tonight, and the rest of the season. I ALMOST feel sorry for him.

Keep fighting that good fight, Hoosier Joe !
wink.r191677.gif

Ah, Hoosier Joe. Poor little feller...he is the gift that keeps on giving. Does he still copy/paste that stupid mini-novel about UK's past on fan profiles? I don't even check mine.

laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by bigbluelou:
Ah, Hoosier Joe. Poor little feller...he is the gift that keeps on giving. Does he still copy/paste that stupid mini-novel about UK's past on fan profiles? I don't even check mine.

laugh.r191677.gif
IU getting buried right now. I almost feel sorry for Hoosier Joe....almost.

Hoosiers getting pounded. Guess that 11-3 record is just smoke and mirrors.

i hope clappy gets a contract extension after this year

Originally posted by zannmann:
Hoosiers getting pounded. Guess that 11-3 record is just smoke and mirrors.
Smoke and mirrors......they did lose to Eastern Washington! IU plays no one, just like louisville, in their OOC schedule.

Originally posted by barryn2000:
Originally posted by dmaso44:
One or both will be TLT.
IU is staring at a 12 loss season...Clappy is in trouble

ec
Thanks for this. I am absolutely shocked that IU has kept Crean around as long they have. Two good season in 6 years and best team still finished under 30 wins and Sweet 16 exit. Unbelievable. How many years does it take to rebuild a basketball team?

The problem IU has is the ridiculously large buyout the AD put in Clappy's contract. I think the buyout is around 8 million now or will be on June 30th. IU may have some booster with big pockets but that is still a lot to get rid of a coach and then your probably going to need 3 to 4 million more to get a new coach if they go after a name. Most of the PEEGS crew just assume that Brad Stevens is salivating for the chance to coach IU but I think they are fooling themselves. IU isn't nearly as attractive a job as it was 20 years ago.

This post was edited on 1/6 12:23 AM by mep59

Crean was definitely on the hot seat after missing out on even the NIT last year. So, I hope they can qualify for a NCAA tournament bid this year and next to keep him around for a few more years causing wealthy boosters to prolong buying out his contract. I would love to have them as our 8-9 seed in the second round if they can muster up enough wins to get that seed.

Blackmon had a horrible shooting night, but he and Yogi have put the team on their back and hit enough shots to win them games thus far. However, Blackmon's defense is lacking and about what you would expect to see from a typical freshman.

After UL beat the Hoosiers, Pitino said they would make the NCAA Tourney. Was that the kiss of death.

I agree with some of the posters here. I want Indiana to make the tourney this year, get slaughtered in the early rounds, and retain Crean another 3 or 4 seasons at minimum.

Keeping IU in the garbage heap is beneficial to Kentucky's interests.

I have to tell you the truth. I want IU in the tourney. In fact I want to play them in the NCAA's. I want them that first weekend. Just to get our juices going. Id be looking at a UCLA sort of night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT