ADVERTISEMENT

Bevin vs Beshear for KY governor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Republicans will not vote for another scum-sucking Beshear.

It depends. I know a lot of people that loved Trump and Bevin. As long as they were hurting other people, that was fine with their sheep followers. But when it hits home, and impacts them personally they suddenly have their eyes opened and view things differently. "Hurt the Mexicans? Cool. Hurt the African Americans? Fine by me. Hurt the Muslims? Woo hoo! Attack the LGBTQ community? Awesome! Hurt teachers? YOU SONOFABITCH, MY DAUGHTER IS A TEACHER HOW DARE YOU!!!"

I know several "Republican" Trump bootlickers that absolutely hate Bevin and will be voting against him strictly due to the education/teacher stuff.

Bevin won because of apathy/low voter turnout. There is a pretty concerted effort to vote him out, and a lot of people that voted for him will not be doing so this time around. Plus, Bevin is awful. Pushes unconstitutional/illegal reforms. Ignores the laws. Acts like a jerk towards Kentuckians, the courts, and the press. Has a lot of shady dealings (his buddy the IT guy, the sweet deal on his new home, the Braidy Industries scam). Corruption is corruption, no matter the party.

It depends. I know a lot of people that loved Trump and Bevin. As long as they were hurting other people, that was fine with their sheep followers. But when it hits home, and impacts them personally they suddenly have their eyes opened and view things differently. "Hurt the Mexicans? Cool. Hurt the African Americans? Fine by me. Hurt the Muslims? Woo hoo! Attack the LGBTQ community? Awesome! Hurt teachers? YOU SONOFABITCH, MY DAUGHTER IS A TEACHER HOW DARE YOU!!!"

I know several "Republican" Trump bootlickers that absolutely hate Bevin and will be voting against him strictly due to the education/teacher stuff.

Bevin won because of apathy/low voter turnout. There is a pretty concerted effort to vote him out, and a lot of people that voted for him will not be doing so this time around. Plus, Bevin is awful. Pushes unconstitutional/illegal reforms. Ignores the laws. Acts like a jerk towards Kentuckians, the courts, and the press. Has a lot of shady dealings (his buddy the IT guy, the sweet deal on his new home, the Braidy Industries scam). Corruption is corruption, no matter the party.
If it had been Adkins, I'd be inclined to believe you...

People will show up to vote against a Beshear, even if it's the unpalatable Bevin. JMO.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
Apparently, Bevin is now pissing off his current Lieutenant Governor, Jenean Hampton. He’s firing staff in her office without having the courtesy to let her know what’s going on. She’s putting out tweets requesting prayer because of dark forces working against her. I guess he no longer has any use for her (or her staff) after selecting Ralph Alvarado as his running mate in November. Not surprised at all on another jerk move on his part.

Apparently, Bevin is now pissing off his current Lieutenant Governor, Jenean Hampton. He’s firing staff in her office without having the courtesy to let her know what’s going on. She’s putting out tweets requesting prayer because of dark forces working against her. I guess he no longer has any use for her (or her staff) after selecting Ralph Alvarado as his running mate in November. Not surprised at all on another jerk move on his part.

I actually liked her, Alvarado is a nursing home slum lord.

Maybe because there was never anything promised to any of those groups other than teachers. Are you agreeing that he has proposed hurting teachers?

Had Adkins won the dem primary, I would have voted for him over Bevin. I don't believe being dem or Republican matters that much in anything less than national elections. Adkins would have taken the proper stand on key social issues. Since beshear is running, looks like I'll cast my vote for Bevin. Not because he's a good choice, but he's better than the alternative.

Reactions: Pelosigalore
I remember when a Governor served only one term. The roads from the wining Governor's city
and interstate were repaired and and built.
Like Nunn and Glasgow.

this reads like satire. I can't tell if it's a serious effort. perfectly captures an "I live in a bubble, all the bad people are on one side, go team blue!" perspective......

Reactions: BlueRupp
this reads like satire. I can't tell if it's a serious effort. perfectly captures an "I live in a bubble, all the bad people are on one side, go team blue!" perspective......

Have you read the political thread?

It’s exactly what you’re saying to BlueKel verbatim... but replace blue with red.

Sycophants are sycophants.

Still don't understand the whole gripe with the teachers pensions. Someone had to make an effort to fix an unsustainable issue. And the but, but they were promised argument to me doesn't seem to hold water, when what they were promised is supposed to be paid off the backs of people who had nothing to do with it and get no benefit from it. And don't even try the they paid into it argument, I have several teachers in the family and what they pay into their retirement is now where near the amount they will eventually draw from it. Even with invested growth etc, they will draw several orders of magnitude more than they pay in. That isn't sustainable, whether public or private. My company cancelled their pension plan for that exact reason, its non sustainable.

How many black children does Andy have? Oh.

iu

Waiting to read how Bevin and Trump hurt African Americans. Please be specific and not orange man bad type responses. Difficult I know but it’s necessary if you want people to take your side seriously
I’m curious too. Still waiting for a response.

How many black children does Andy have? Oh.

iu
Yeah Bevin can't help it he shot blanks. Doesn't make him less of a man because he couldn't father his own children. Adoption is great. Would not have had a problem going that route if I needed to. Bless those kids.

Reactions: ram1955
What a great governor Kentucky has:

A $194.5 million surplus in Kentucky’s budget will help retired teachers’ health insurance plan and the state pension, system

The people who fight and fought him the most benefit the most from his great leadership Now that Kentucky is finally being led by strong conservatives there is no ceiling on what the state can accomplish. It has natural resources, a population that will work when jobs are available and plenty of room to grow. Any company would like to do business under those circumstances. Kentucky Proud. .

8 point lead.
Not even you believe that. Kentucky is not going back to the smoke filled backroom deals of the Democrat machine. Not with a booming economy and a surplus in the budget. Kentuckians are not stupid though you may think differently.

Democrat control over the people of Kentucky is yesterday's news. There is a brighter future now free on Union influence and the Teachers Union.

Reactions: Mashburned
Not even you believe that. Kentucky is not going back to the smoke filled backroom deals of the Democrat machine. Not with a booming economy and a surplus in the budget. Kentuckians are not stupid though you may think differently.

Democrat control over the people of Kentucky is yesterday's news. There is a brighter future now free on Union influence and the Teachers Union.
If it's was anyone but beavin it would be a lock to be reelected. But it is beavin.

If it's was anyone but beavin it would be a lock to be reelected. But it is beavin.
Then Kentucky goes back to the old days of corruption, loss of jobs and higher taxes. . Look around the nation, every state and city run by Democrats has a dragging economy, high taxes and political corruption. It is who Democrats are. One would hope Kentucky has moved past that in their history.

I’d say that’s how it’ll be on Election Day. Maybe a tad closer but at the end of the day I think Bevin will be giving a victory speech.
I don’t really like Bevins personality, but the democrats are so bad that he will win by default. Just like Trump.

What a great governor Kentucky has:

A $194.5 million surplus in Kentucky’s budget will help retired teachers’ health insurance plan and the state pension, system

The people who fight and fought him the most benefit the most from his great leadership Now that Kentucky is finally being led by strong conservatives there is no ceiling on what the state can accomplish. It has natural resources, a population that will work when jobs are available and plenty of room to grow. Any company would like to do business under those circumstances. Kentucky Proud. .
He’s in the vote buying mode trying to mend fences in an election year for his anti public education agenda. As a matter of a fact, he’s in vote buying mode in general. Our County Judge Executive just tweeted in the past few weeks that our county residents should be appreciative to the Governor for additional road monies coming to the county. Ironic, huh? Just a few months before the November election.

Reactions: Ed323232
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT