ADVERTISEMENT

Bevin vs Beshear for KY governor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to mention Ky had a $195 MILLION surplus ending July 2019. They are putting 70 million of that towards the teachers retirement issues.

Bevin really hates those teachers. :rolleyes:
Wrong . . . Bevin zeroed out the states portion of funding for pre-65 retiree health care in the 2018 biennial budget in order to balance the budget. The states contribution which Bevin eliminated was $70 million and would have tripled premiums for many retired individuals on fixed incomes. The $70 million he “so generously” added from the surplus was simply putting back into retiree health care the same amount he’d taken away a year earlier. The net gain to the system was actually zero. However Bevin politicized the replacement of the funds in an election year. Go figure . . .

Reactions: ky8335 and Ed323232
B3-AF25-FA-29-F2-4-AF2-948-E-FAA4875-A14-E6.jpg

Huge crowd at Pikeville for the rally with Bevin and Don Jr. Ole Matt May have to bring in Sean Spicer to hold a press conference and straighten out the facts that it was the most bigly successful rally ever held in Kentucky and the fake media hugely underreported the number of attendees.

Reactions: Ed323232
B3-AF25-FA-29-F2-4-AF2-948-E-FAA4875-A14-E6.jpg

Huge crowd at Pikeville for the rally with Bevin and Don Jr. Ole Matt May have to bring in Sean Spicer to hold a press conference and straighten out the facts that it was the most bigly successful rally ever held in Kentucky and the fake media hugely underreported the number of attendees.

I wonder why there is no one at the podium? Was this pic taken before or after? Dems are so easily fooled by shiny objects and trinkets. You're like crows in that respect.

@MattJonesKSR Hey, buddy, want to debate about your stupidity? You don't know what "confluence" means? You think that WORD is a phrase? You ask dumbass Ryan if HE knows what it means?

You are an embarrassment with your stupidity. Please run for senate. You will most definitely be exposed for the dumbass you are. Loser lib.

@MattJonesKSR Hey, buddy, want to debate about your stupidity? You don't know what "confluence" means? You think that WORD is a phrase? You ask dumbass Ryan if HE knows what it means?

You are an embarrassment with your stupidity. Please run for senate. You will most definitely be exposed for the dumbass you are. Loser lib.
Matt Jones is so dumb. That he called the blindsided assault on Rand Paul a fight.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat

Someone is drunk. Lol

Beshear’s crew stuck a sign in my yard yesterday, without permission. We’re registered Republicans. They can come fish that shit out of my trash.

Beshear’s crew stuck a sign in my yard yesterday, without permission. We’re registered Republicans. They can come fish that shit out of my trash.

Speaking of signs. Have you seen the sign along the Mountain Parkway in Stanton (Powell county) that says.... The democrat party is Christianity and Americas' worst enemy.
In my opinion no truer words have ever been spoken or written.

Reactions: P19978
I'm a retired public school person but will likely vote for bevin. As for the pension issue, I do believe he is right when he says the system is broken. It does need to be fixed/restructured. Defined benefits programs are simply no longer viable. However, such changes need to be phased in so that obligations made to current employees and retirees can be met. I fear that beshear and dems will simply do the things that got us into trouble to begin with.
As for badmouthing educators: Those that left their classrooms to protest deserve not only badmouthing, but firm discipline. Those that insist on keeping the system as it is need to get their heads out of the sand.

Otherwise, on the social issues i.e. abortion/ planned parenthood, legalization of gambling, pot (for recreational use), fiscal conservatism, change in entitlement programs, etc... I agree with him.

Reactions: qwesley and P19978
@ram1955 , most teachers I know are religious people. Obviously most are for Beshear, but look like they are slapped in the face when you call them out on their hypocrisy for supporting a guy pro abortion, weed, gambling, etc...

I have a state pension on the line myself. I'd prefer to take a little less than nothing at all or a lot less. So I'm supportng Bevin still.

An old physics teacher I had explained to everyone on FB how much better off they would be if the money went to a 401k instead, but he was ripped a part by other teachers.

@ram1955 , most teachers I know are religious people. Obviously most are for Beshear, but look like they are slapped in the face when you call them out on their hypocrisy for supporting a guy pro abortion, weed, gambling, etc...

I have a state pension on the line myself. I'd prefer to take a little less than nothing at all or a lot less. So I'm supportng Bevin still.

An old physics teacher I had explained to everyone on FB how much better off they would be if the money went to a 401k instead, but he was ripped a part by other teachers.

I will never support any pol that is pro-abortion. If that means I'm a single issue voter, so be it. For me, the bottom line is this, if necessary to take half of my current benefit was the trade off for having an anti-abortion governor, so be it. I do believe our system, though more viable than others, has problems simply due to the state refusing to meet its obligations for decades. At least Bevin has made efforts to fund the plan. The plan, just to meet obligations will require continued funding, but having a new 401 based plan for new employees could be a much better plan for them (with the right guidance). In fact, Ky Deferred Compensation offers a variety of programs that pay-off like a slot machine. Had I known of KDC as a young teacher, I'd have been rich by now.

Reactions: I am stupid
Yeah like little rand could fight anyone. Lol

Listen, you sucking idiot. The neighbor ran, full speed, downhill, and pile drove unsuspecting Paul from his blindside. He broke several ribs, and punctured a lung. Paul later contracted pneumonia and actually had part of a lung removed as a direct result of his injuries. It wasn't a fight. It was a complete surprise attack. He should get 10 years

Listen, you sucking idiot. The neighbor ran, full speed, downhill, and pile drove unsuspecting Paul from his blindside. He broke several ribs, and punctured a lung. Paul later contracted pneumonia and actually had part of a lung removed as a direct result of his injuries. It wasn't a fight. It was a complete surprise attack. He should get 10 years
Rand Paul is 130 pounds and 15 of it is hair. He ain't whipping no one. He had it coming in my opinion.

If Rand Paul entered the POTUS race, I'd vote for him....would have last time. He is the only pol that has a clue about how this country needs to be run from a financial perspective. I wish he'd run for governor.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Trump is holding a rally at Rupp the night before the election. That’s big news for Bevin IMO.

Trump is holding a rally at Rupp the night before the election. That’s big news for Bevin IMO.
That way if Bevin wins he can take credit for saving him. If he loses he will say he was so far gone even I couldn't save him.

The fact that Beshear has to run an ad with Trump voters who can't vote Bevin tells you all you need to know.

If Rand Paul entered the POTUS race, I'd vote for him....would have last time. He is the only pol that has a clue about how this country needs to be run from a financial perspective. I wish he'd run for governor.
I would love to have the opportunity to vote for Rand Paul. Maybe in 2024. The establishment GOP hates him because he supports Trumps foreign policy.. So do I. Rand Paul would be my choice.

Reactions: phunterd
I would love to have the opportunity to vote for Rand Paul. Maybe in 2024. The establishment GOP hates him because he supports Trumps foreign policy.. So do I. Rand Paul would be my choice.

IMO, a bright man will consider the position assumed by the media...and the establishment, then take the position directly opposite.

Reactions: barbourfor3
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT