ADVERTISEMENT

Bevin vs Beshear for KY governor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t really like Bevins personality, but the democrats are so bad that he will win by default. Just like Trump.
Bevin is a Trump wannabe. Trump being nasty with dems just fires me up to go out and campaign for him. When bevin does it, it makes me consider voting for a dem (I would have voted for Rocky Adkins).

Reactions: Pelosigalore
He parades them out for the media and mailings like clockwork every four years for political capital but bitches and moans in between the election cycle for privacy for his family and children.
How many foster children have you raised and financially supported?

He’s in the vote buying mode trying to mend fences in an election year for his anti public education agenda. As a matter of a fact, he’s in vote buying mode in general. Our County Judge Executive just tweeted in the past few weeks that our county residents should be appreciative to the Governor for additional road monies coming to the county. Ironic, huh? Just a few months before the November election.

Your county should do the honorable thing and return that vote-buyin money. Can't believe you would live somewhere that a) supports Bevin and b) accepts his bribes.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Since Thursday pro-job Kentucky is on the move. You have a great governor and this is just the beginning of an economic revolution in the Bluegrass

67414782_2122858711347344_687254329966460928_o.jpg

So Kentucky is returning to the dark ages where Democrats met in back rooms and divided up the federal money sent to Kentucky to fund education and highways. Divided it up among family, friends and those who donate. That Kentucky
No, I’m pretty sure he was talking about this Kentucky.
7-D39-C76-E-D3-B9-45-D3-85-DA-1-B89182-AB06-A.jpg

I admire Bevin's effort to do something about the pension system, long overdue.
I don't admire his tact on this issue. It could have been done differently. Lots of people upset.
I'm guessing Beshear wins this in a photo finish.
Not sure I can vote for either one.

I agree with you on Bevin's tact, but if we are being honest he could have acted like mother Theresa on the issue and the teachers and KEA would have still acted like he is the devil.

I agree with you on Bevin's tact, but if we are being honest he could have acted like mother Theresa on the issue and the teachers and KEA would have still acted like he is the devil.

Probably true, but with some tact, he ticks off fewer people. Some of them would have to secretly admit he's right in trying to make changes.

Reactions: I am stupid
No, I’m pretty sure he was talking about this Kentucky.
7-D39-C76-E-D3-B9-45-D3-85-DA-1-B89182-AB06-A.jpg

All those counties must have become like that overnight! They were among the greatest counties in the country when the state had Democratic gubernatorial leadership from 1947-1967, 1971-2003, and 2007-2015.

And to imagine, most of those years were when Democrats actually liked coal mining communities.

The national image of Kentucky has improved remarkably since Bevins has been in office. It is now seen as a business friendly, conservative state that is a desirable place to raise a family and earn a living. Making Kentucky a right to work state has done wonders for the future of their people. It means jobs. Good , professional high paying jobs.

When I graduated from UK you couldn't find a good paying job in the state and most of the college graduates left. With Democrats in control you get a "brain drain" because quality jobs are not available and people leave. While the coal fields were voting Democrat for 100 years they lost most of their graduates to states like Ohio, Michigan and Indiana. Does Kentucky really want to return to that?

The national image of Kentucky has improved remarkably since Bevins has been in office. It is now seen as a business friendly, conservative state that is a desirable place to raise a family and earn a living. Making Kentucky a right to work state has done wonders for the future of their people. It means jobs. Good , professional high paying jobs.

The media started labeling Bevin as one of the most hated governors in the country, so you knew that was a sign that he was perceived as a threat to actually improve things from decades of Democratic mismanagement.

The media started labeling Bevin as one of the most hated governors in the country, so you knew that was a sign that he was perceived as a threat to actually improve things from decades of Democratic mismanagement.
Liberals have had their grip on that state for over 100 years. The best thing to happen was making it a Right to Work state which has opened up opportunity for high paying jobs moving in. I hope Kentuckians can see through all of the smoke the media will throw out. Give this man another 4 years and Kentucky will move to the top of best places to work and raise a family. He might even drag the school administrators to a desire to actually educate students rather than playing politics like generations before them.

How can you tell for sure that you are the most disliked governor in America and have no chance of getting re-elected on your own record but intend on riding someone else’s coattails into office. You show up at the state fair wearing this . . . pathetic.
D387-E5-D9-BDA8-44-BB-9-A39-1837-E5-F2-D611.jpg

How can you tell for sure that you are the most disliked governor in America and have no chance of getting re-elected on your own record but intend on riding someone else’s coattails into office. You show up at the state fair wearing this . . . pathetic.
D387-E5-D9-BDA8-44-BB-9-A39-1837-E5-F2-D611.jpg

That is awesome. I will write his campaign a check today.

BTW. The little punk Fredo Beshear is liked less than our fine Gov.

Reactions: Mashburned
That is awesome. I will write his campaign a check today.

BTW. The little punk Fredo Beshear is liked less than our fine Gov.
Bevin lacks style and self awareness, but knows how to run a state. Little Andy will be just the opposite. I am looking forward to the criticism from teachers when Andy continues on the same path with the teacher pensions as daddy.

Andy isn’t half the speaker his daddy was....and he his daddy wasn’t exactly genuine or believable, but he was confident and spoke well. Andy is not that.

^ Bevin is doing exactly this right now. Nice try, Andy.

How many foster children have you raised and financially supported?
Truth be known, it has been Bevins' wife that has done all the raising...maybe he has written a check or two but when you have that kind of money it's like throwing a few bucks in the bucket for the musician on the sidewalk.

My wife used to run a dance school and one of her former students has been the head chef for the governor for about 15-20 years, originally hired by Patton...until about 6 months ago when Bevins let her go to bring in some buddy of his. She said that his wife was a sweetheart and involved with the children but he was a real ass, both to the kids and to her and her staff. Said his wife was constantly apologizing for him... all this long before she was let go.

Truth be known, it has been Bevins' wife that has done all the raising...maybe he has written a check or two but when you have that kind of money it's like throwing a few bucks in the bucket for the musician on the sidewalk.

My wife used to run a dance school and one of her former students has been the head chef for the governor for about 15-20 years, originally hired by Patton...until about 6 months ago when Bevins let her go to bring in some buddy of his. She said that his wife was a sweetheart and involved with the children but he was a real ass, both to the kids and to her and her staff. Said his wife was constantly apologizing for him... all this long before she was let go.
Shocker

Has Bevin ever welched on a bet?

@bradyjames

Reactions: barbourfor3
Why do teachers blame a man that is trying to fix the pension system, but give a pass, and maybe re-elect the man that robbed their pension plan? This makes no sense to me.
Well, it’s his son, but might as well be the same guy.

Teachers helped “rob” their own pension plan because they were/are ill-informed. And that was part of Bevin’s plan - put two people with financial sense on the board. Teachers threw a fit about that. Because they don’t want any help, they can screw things up all by themselves.

The whole thing is a joke.

Why do teachers blame a man that is trying to fix the pension system, but give a pass, and maybe re-elect the man that robbed their pension plan? This makes no sense to me.
So you call fixing the system, making it worse for the teachers?
Teachers are all for fixing the system so it can provide the promised benefits, not fixing the system by reducing its benefits.
The state is already struggling to find enough teachers to fill classrooms...and you want to make it an even less attractive job???

Bevin has given away millions in tax cuts that could have gone toward suring up the system.
Then there are the personal attacks against the teachers...and when was Andy Beshear ever in a position to rob the pension plan?

Reactions: bushrod1965
So you call fixing the system, making it worse for the teachers?
Teachers are all for fixing the system so it can provide the promised benefits, not fixing the system by reducing its benefits.
The state is already struggling to find enough teachers to fill classrooms...and you want to make it an even less attractive job???

Bevin has given away millions in tax cuts that could have gone toward suring up the system.
Then there are the personal attacks against the teachers...and when was Andy Beshear ever in a position to rob the pension plan?
Didn’t Bevin fully fund the Teacher retirement fund for the first time in forever recently?

Didn’t Bevin fully fund the Teacher retirement fund for the first time in forever recently?
One good deed doesn't cancel out two bad ones. Yes he did.
He also has tried to cut its benefits and he has been an ass to the teachers who have protested that proposal making outlandish and unfounded accusations against them.

One good deed doesn't cancel out two bad ones. Yes he did.
He also has tried to cut its benefits and he has been an ass to the teachers who have protested that proposal making outlandish and unfounded accusations against them.
I definitely don’t agree with the way he speaks to the teachers, but something has to give. Let’s cut some spending somewhere else.
Suggestions?

Reactions: KyFaninNC
I definitely don’t agree with the way he speaks to the teachers, but something has to give. Let’s cut some spending somewhere else.
Suggestions?
How about not cutting revenues until you've found the agreed upon spending cuts?
If nobody wants to give up anything then they must live with the cost.
Cutting taxes and not paying for it with equal spending cuts takes no courage and hurts the state and the people in the long run.

I don't care if they cut taxes to zero as long as they are willing to take the political heat for the services and programs being cut.

How about not cutting revenues until you've found the agreed upon spending cuts?
If nobody wants to give up anything then they must live with the cost.
Cutting taxes and not paying for it with equal spending cuts takes no courage and hurts the state and the people in the long run.

I don't care if they cut taxes to zero as long as they are willing to take the political heat for the services and programs being cut.
I haven’t looked, but I’d bet that the state is taking more money than ever in. It’s the spending.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT