ADVERTISEMENT

Bevin vs Beshear for KY governor

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShinyUltimateKingfisher-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: homeytheclown
Would be interesting to know if a sitting gov ever did that poorly in the primary and still won.

^We’ve had plenty of Democratic governors, though. KY is red, but it’s not far right. People can win on moderate ideas.

The board just approved his proposal for a restructured plan.

I know it isn’t getting as much recognition as the protest but that came after 2 weeks earlier the union leaders telling teachers and the public to fight the ideas because he was screwing them over, again!

You might be right, but I think it’s more his mouth than his policy.

Can't wait to see all the extremely stupid $hit Bevin will say and do over the next several months that will stand a good chance of costing himself the election.

Beshear has done nothing but whine and complain for the last 3+ years. He's backed the teachers union and their "sick" out, so he's got their support. He was supposedly going to investigate gas price concerns but of course like everyone before him that tried that, we never heard a thing. I suspect Bevin will win, but like others have said it will be brutal.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
^We’ve had plenty of Democratic governors, though. KY is red, but it’s not far right. People can win on moderate ideas.
The only reason we've had Democratic governors is because of the two major primarily democrat voting bases in Louisville and Lexington. outside of that the vast majority of the state is red. It's exactly the problem our country would have if we got rid of the Electoral College.

Rocky Adkins would have beaten Bevin. TS.

Beshear I'm honestly not sure. People already hate their pettiness and arguing and it's only going to get worse over the next 5 months. Voter apathy is going to lead to low voter turn out and I guarantee you the majority of people who vote in EVERY election are straight ticket Republican.

And if teachers really had the power and are as united as they say they are there would have been a massive overhaul last November, there wasn't. They're loud and they get news coverage but they're not swaying votes in a meaningful way.

And if teachers really had the power and are as united as they say they are there would have been a massive overhaul last November, there wasn't. They're loud and they get news coverage but they're not swaying votes in a meaningful way.

I couldn't agree more. The dems thought that the teachers (many of whom ran for the legislature last year) would deliver wins for them that never materialized. A lot of teachers are actually better off today thanks to the GOP because they don't have to join the union and can keep their dues.

The only reason we've had Democratic governors is because of the two major primarily democrat voting bases in Louisville and Lexington. outside of that the vast majority of the state is red. It's exactly the problem our country would have if we got rid of the Electoral College.
KY has only had two Republican governors since 1919, so not that red.

Beshear has done nothing but whine and complain for the last 3+ years. He's backed the teachers union and their "sick" out, so he's got their support. He was supposedly going to investigate gas price concerns but of course like everyone before him that tried that, we never heard a thing. I suspect Bevin will win, but like others have said it will be brutal.

Beshear and Bevin both say stupid crap. I hate the cringe worthy rhetoric Bevin says quite often, just like I hate some of the things Trump says, but in the end my belief system aligns more with theirs. Beshear is just out there spouting stupid nonsensical political rhetoric that just goes too far and makes him look foolish and like an obstructionist. He literally said "The State WILL NOT SURVIVE another four years of Bevin" and "He (Bevin) is WRONG on EVERY SINGLE ISSUE"
Really? every single issue? There's not one single thing Bevin was right about? Our State is really going to collapse and die if Bevin stays governor? What does that look like? What does a "State not surving" look like? Other than the Teachers mostly throwing a hissy fit, what else has gone into the crapper? and again really? Every. Single. Issue? saying stuff like that just makes you look like a political hack. Kinda like Congress these days.

I will say one area I don't agree with Bevin on, is that Kentucky needs expanded gaming and legalization of Marijuana in some capacity. Both of those could go a long way towards solving the pension crisis. And I say that as somebody who doesn't partake or gamble outside of a lottery ticket now and then.

Beshear was not my pick, but he should be able to beat Bevin.

Here's my beef with Bevin. When he was first running for governor, his plan was to fix the pension system but there was a statement by him (which seems to have been wiped off the internet now) that it would not affect teachers currently in the system. That changed very quickly and many of the things in the first bill that they tried to get through directly affected teachers in the pension plan already. So much so that many (over-reactive) teachers went on and retired.

I've never been one to complain about teacher pay. It's actually quite nice where I work, and for the most part teachers throughout KY have not made it about that. Pensions are old antiquated systems that are probably bad modern ideas, but when you're 20+ year deep into it, then folks are going to fight to keep what they had/have and what was considered 'inviolable'.

Plus he's a brash loud mouth, and I don't like him as a public person. He's probably a decent family guy outside of politics, as is Beshear. I respect those that like his policies for businesses, but he's done enough to not get my vote. Neither of them are turd-sandwich/giant-douche caliber guys, but nor are they great choices.

Wow what a day. We lose Jaden McDaniels to a garbage basketball program like Washington. And then to top things off. A power hungry, entitled, despicable, little P.O.S. like Andy Beshear wins the democratic primary for governor.
If beshear wins we are phcked

I will say one area I don't agree with Bevin on, is that Kentucky needs expanded gaming and legalization of Marijuana in some capacity. Both of those could go a long way towards solving the pension crisis. And I say that as somebody who doesn't partake or gamble outside of a lottery ticket now and then.

Agree with these ideas but disagree they would make that much of an impact, numbers-wise or avoiding getting spent on other things.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Bevin needs to stick to the economy/jobs/unemployment. Beshear won't have much of a leg to stand on outside of the teacher gripes and the pro-abortion group who will be on his side.

For those like little, andy beshear. That say the state needs to expand gambling. Back in the 1980's when the lottery was on the ballot. We were told that if the lottery becomes law, that all the states' financial problems will be a thing of the past. Well here it is 30+ years later & still the same old financial problems.

Not a chance.

And even my friends who think Donald Trump hung the moon can't stand Matt Bevin. He's an odd duck.

Other than the nonsense about gambling and weed, etc, I agree with Bevin on almost all policy decisions but it is amazing how much he gets in his own way.

Honestly, how could he take the position that the teachers' pensions finally be addressed and somehow lose the moral high ground? That's amazing.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
Rocky Adkins would have beaten Bevin. TS.

Beshear I'm honestly not sure. People already hate their pettiness and arguing and it's only going to get worse over the next 5 months. Voter apathy is going to lead to low voter turn out and I guarantee you the majority of people who vote in EVERY election are straight ticket Republican.

Rack every word of this.

Quite a few Republicans in the eastern part of the state said they’d cross over and support Rocky. That won’t happen with Beshear.

He had public support, people know major changes have to be made, but threw it all away with stupid comments.

This . His loud , unfiltered , stupid ass comments caused even those who MIGHT vote for him to gag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT