ADVERTISEMENT

Better get a top front court portal transfer

uk78

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
The big men recruits have a long way to go watching the McD's game. None of our recruits are great rebounding or dominating the paint. Bradshaw showed some good fight but imagine any of these guys going up against Oscar. He would destroy them. So, would Edey and several others. The physical SEC is going to be a challenge for them although they of course all have potential. Ugo is an unknown (if he stays), Livingston is probably are most physical possible returning player (except I read he won't be on this site), and so I hope Cal isn't planning on just depending upon Freshman.

One other thing what goofball recruits choose to go to Memphis making them the 4th best in new recruits?

Reactions: danoky
The Texas Tech kid and Wyoming kid look like best options right now, a lot more dominos to fall though. The Florida International SG looks like the shooter we need as well!

The Oregon big guy. He's a 1st round pick and is in the portal for whatever reason.

His production wasn't really there this season for some reason.

He also seems very similar (in build) to Ugonna and Bradshaw- if we brought someone in, I'd prefer them to be a different type of player because I love being able to mix things up (Reid Travis type would be awesome).

Reactions: gharding07
His production wasn't really there this season for some reason.

He also seems very similar (in build) to Ugonna and Bradshaw- if we brought someone in, I'd prefer them to be a different type of player because I love being able to mix things up (Reid Travis type would be awesome).
Yeah, I wasn’t even considering the Oregon kid because we already have two of him, the two guys I mentioned are bigger guys like Reid, I think the Princeton kid is as well

The Texas Tech kid and Wyoming kid look like best options right now, a lot more dominos to fall though. The Florida International SG looks like the shooter we need as well!

Doubt the TTU kid comes here, don't know much about the Wyoming kid. I'll have to look into him a bit.

The problem with next years team is, do you want somebody clogging the lane with the guards who need driving lanes, a skinny big like ware or bradshaw might be better, so the guards can have driving lanes and Edwards as well

A 2x All American Cal has not said once he wishes he'd stay. Not once, if that isn't delivering a message I don't know is

Reactions: track42
Possibly not a good one for a big man. Long term anyway. His foot. In this they call it a "wear and tear" issue/injury. Also has an ACL from a few years ago.

Foot issues for big men are always a problem, if it’s a jones fracture it will linger and bother him for a while

The problem with next years team is, do you want somebody clogging the lane with the guards who need driving lanes, a skinny big like ware or bradshaw might be better, so the guards can have driving lanes and Edwards as well
That clogging the lane phrase is so very overused and overrated !!! Oscar can step out to FT line extended. No reason he can’t work on doing same to baselines.

The problem playing Oscar is not on offense. It is on defense. He just doesn’t have the length nor vertical to protect the rim. And he is so focused on rebounds that he’s not a good help defender.

That clogging the lane phrase is so very overused and overrated !!! Oscar can step out to FT line extended. No reason he can’t work on doing same to baselines.

The problem playing Oscar is not on offense. It is on defense. He just doesn’t have the length nor vertical to protect the rim. And he is so focused on rebounds that he’s not a good help defender.
Also can’t help when every team would play a pack line defense against Kentucky in the scenario. I like Oscar and defense would be the main problem but any team in that situation not clogging the lane against that Kentucky team would be doing it wrong

Bradshaw got a lot tougher in the second half last night, he’s no Oscar but he got some huge offensive rebounds.

Graham Ike looks like the real deal. If he's fully recovered from his injury that cost him this season.
if fully recoverd this guy is pretty good, big strong & can score
also like the 7' kid from Oregon, agile, can score inside and out
I watched a lot of Oregon games & he is much better than the current 7' on the roster
ccc could actually play Bradshaw & this kid together & run an offense that would allow them to rotate inside & outside....a lot of high screens to either roll for a dunk or pop out for a jump shot

Some responses seem to focus only on offense. We were not a great shooting team last season but because we could get second chance rebounds it improved the percentage and us winning a few games. I don't see the Freshman that we have recruited at that defensive level as it was rare that anyone (not just our recruits) really were able to control anything in the paint. It is a nice thought that perhaps by the end of the season our team and Freshman may have improved but we have seen that same story over and over. We really need a seasoned veteran in the front court that is physical.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT