ADVERTISEMENT

Better Call Saul..

Remember that the one thing we do know between Lalo and Saul is that it ends bad. If you remember when Walter and Jesse kidnap and take him to the desert, he thinks it's Lalo that has him and is relieved that when they take the blindfold off that it's not him.

Yep, it was "Did Lalo send you? It wasn't me, it was Ignacio" So it's going to be interesting to see how the dots get connected. I think Lalo is dead somewhere, but no one knows, maybe an acid bath and Nacho and his dad get a new dust filter for their Hoover Max Extract Pressure Pro model 60

Reactions: Glenn's take
That last scene ...wow!

I think next week is the finale. Looks like Kim will survive and Nacho never makes it back from Mexico?

That last scene ...wow!

I think next week is the finale. Looks like Kim will survive and Nacho never makes it back from Mexico?

I know, I thought that might be the moment Kim bites it. I still think she goes down in the finale, they need some separation of her between the BCS and BrBa world. Of course, they might just drag it out some more with some later season six episodes. She seems to be a fan favorite.

Reactions: Mossip
I know, I thought that might be the moment Kim bites it. I still think she goes down in the finale, they need some separation of her between the BCS and BrBa world. Of course, they might just drag it out some more with some later season six episodes. She seems to be a fan favorite.
Not a chance in hell she does next week

So if 11-12 months from entering the scene, Saul seems to have overcome a lot of his PTSD. I can’t imagine that Kim dies and he is happy Saul that you see in. Breaking Bad

Probably one of the only weak-points in Vince's storytelling is that he operates in the gritty, true-to-life narrative, but at times requires the audience to suspend disbelief. "YEAH, BITCH MAGNETS!!" is the most glaring example that comes to mind. Maybe this will be another one of those instances.

Also, Saul is always seen from a third person perspective early in BB. That is, we see him from Walt and Jesse's point of view while he is still playing the smooth talking, criminal lawyer.

I think BCS is a great show, but it's going to end up being an episode longer than Breaking Bad. Shouldn't be. Should have been a 2-3 season story about Saul/how he got there/a little aftermath.

Agree with Gilligan's writing...I think it's extremely good...but what separates The Sopranos and especially The Wire is the "I can believe this factor."

Seasons 2 and 3 certainly merge together and could've been condensed into one (and this is coming from a dork that loves character development). I think a lot of viewers lost interest in that timeframe.

Reactions: tommyg4uk
Totally agree. I'm a big character development guy too, should have thrown Mad Men in there as great writing/character development.

But BCS is too drawn out, and if you're going to draw it out, make it completely believable with the characters.

Chicanery is the best episode of television I've pretty much ever seen.

Better Call Saul is amazing. At no time has it ever felt "drawn out".

I agree. But if I'm going to concede an argument to critics, I'll admit that the Chuck storyline could've been shortened. I actually enjoy BCS more than BB. Maybe its recency bias, and a rewatch is in order. FFS I have plenty of time to watch TV [sick]

Reactions: tommyg4uk
Probably one of the only weak-points in Vince's storytelling is that he operates in the gritty, true-to-life narrative, but at times requires the audience to suspend disbelief. "YEAH, BITCH MAGNETS!!" is the most glaring example that comes to mind. Maybe this will be another one of those instances.

I agree. The biggest for me is I remember being pretty disappointed with the whole scene where Gus walks out with half his face blown and straightens his tie. Such a goofy move that completely took me out of the moment. "Oh, this is just like a cartoon." But I know many others loved it.

To me, BB is the better show just because it's just a better, more interesting overall story. I'm one of those people who fell off keeping up with BCS for awhile just because I was that interested in the pace and where the story was at, but this past season has been phenomenal.

Pretty much slow and boring, very uninteresting for a finale. And...no one gets killed the entire season? This was probably the most soft writing in the BrBa universe.

Season has been ok. The challenge with Saul is one of 3 things is going to happen IMO and we have known for quite some time.

1. Kim dies- least likely IMO because I think Jimmy wouldn't go full blown Saul at that point
2. Kim leaves Saul- maybe but doubtful
3. Kim shows up in black and white finally- this is where I bet it ultimately lands

Best season of BCS yet... easily IMO.

So for most of this show I've been thinking of scenarios of how Saul was going to get Kim caught up in his dealings and ruin her career (or life). Now it looks like she's going to be the one to pull him fully to the dark side even as he has obvious doubts and is second guessing it. She's broke bad.

I kinda wanted a clean break from Lalo and for Nacho to escape without a hitch. The whole series has somehow kept itself unpredictable. Here we go again...

Can't wait to see how it all gets resolved.

Best season of BCS yet... easily IMO.

So for most of this show I've been thinking of scenarios of how Saul was going to get Kim caught up in his dealings and ruin her career (or life). Now it looks like she's going to be the one to pull him fully to the dark side even as he has obvious doubts and is second guessing it. She's broke bad.
The stories of Kim and Nacho is the show to me. I especially enjoyed binging this season over the past week.

I remember the chick who plays Kim when she was on Whitney Cummings "Whitney" show several years ago. Just something about her that never did it for me but have to say she has grown on me particularly this season on BCS. Personally, I love the show. How this ends with her, just not sure but my guess is she gets into some serious trouble and has to go into hiding and the ending is when Saul finds her in Nebraska.

I remember the chick who plays Kim when she was on Whitney Cummings "Whitney" show several years ago. Just something about her that never did it for me but have to say she has grown on me particularly this season on BCS. Personally, I love the show. How this ends with her, just not sure but my guess is she gets into some serious trouble and has to go into hiding and the ending is when Saul finds her in Nebraska.
The hole with Saul finding her in Nebraska is that he didn't pick to go there. In BB when he is standing in front of the screen getting his picture taken for his new ID he asks what's in Nebraska and the vacuum guy says you are.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
The hole with Saul finding her in Nebraska is that he didn't pick to go there. In BB when he is standing in front of the screen getting his picture taken for his new ID he asks what's in Nebraska and the vacuum guy says you are.
Good point. Forgot all about that. Either way, do think he sees her again when the show ends. Will be surprised if they kill her off.

The writers of this show (and BB) are solid. They basically created two great characters around a throw-away line in the 2nd season of BB. "Did Lalo send you? It wasn't me, it was Ignacio!" The continuity in the writing across the entire BB universe is amazing. They don't hold your hand with anything either. I can only imagine how much better the last season of GoT would have been with this crew at the helm.

I think it's pretty clear that they know what the audience expects and are going to do the opposite.

I also love how the crazy Lalo we've gotten up to this point was actually the "nice Lalo". Can't wait to see the unhinged version hell-bent on revenge.

Too bad we'll have to wait two years for the final season.

There was almost 18 months between season 4 and 5, so with the pandemic I'm sure the last season will be delayed.

I thought the delay of Season 5 was due to the El Camino movie?

I don't understand how they can keep pushing this out though it seems like it would lose some steam with such a long layoff. Hell I could not remember what happened in Season 4.

That would be the perfect hole for the writers to keep things as yet unpredictable. But we do not know what happens to Kim yet. And we do not know WHEN or how the vacuum cleaner guy comes into the story. All that we DO know about when he DID (to get Walter to New Hampshire), is that Saul Goodman was already very familiar with his services. Really? Yes, really. How then, when, and for whom?

If / when / how that initial relationship is established (between Saul and the VC guy), THAT is when the BB conversion ("what's in Nebraska? . . . You are) . . . may gain context.

Reactions: thabigbluenation
I thought the delay of Season 5 was due to the El Camino movie?

I don't understand how they can keep pushing this out though it seems like it would lose some steam with such a long layoff. Hell I could not remember what happened in Season 4.
Well with the coronavirus everything else that would be going into production before BCS is getting delayed so BCS is going to get delayed as a result of that.

I could use some Nachos.
I was definitely rooting for Nacho. but knowing he wasn't in Breaking Bad had me wondering about his demise. was hoping he would have survived and made a call to the vaccum cleaner repair guy. Unfortunately not the case. Next we have to wonder about Kim's demise since she was never in BB either. Thinking somehow Lalo or the brothers take her out somewhere along the way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT