ADVERTISEMENT

Better Call Saul..

KYBorn&Raised

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 26, 2006
Season 3 gets started tonight. Will have to DVR and cram last season over the next week. Can't remember much from last season. Excitied for Mike's storyline.

Watched the first 2 seasons on Netflix over the past 2 weeks. I even tricked my mother into learning how to use her smart TV by going over last week and watching season 1 with her. She's now hooked on BCS and knows how to use her TV.

Reactions: Mashburned
How long do they stay on Netflix? Each time I binge watch, they get ripped

It will be on there for a long time. Breaking Bad has been on there for over two years.

It's a quick watch.

Anyways, I feel like Better Call Saul is slow and dragging their feet and not a lot actually happened in season two. But eff, I hate Chuck soooooo much.

Reactions: bigbluedrew
Totally forgot Mikes story line and will need to go back and catch up on it. Chuck is an absolute punk. Thought season 3 premiere was solid. Looking forward to next week.

It will be on there for a long time. Breaking Bad has been on there for over two years.

It's a quick watch.

Anyways, I feel like Better Call Saul is slow and dragging their feet and not a lot actually happened in season two. But eff, I hate Chuck soooooo much.
Not to mention each season lasted what seemed to be a month and then it goes on an 11 month hiatus. Hard to stay interested that way.

I wish the pace would pick up just a bit. Hopefully that will happen when Gus shows up, but I'm afraid that he'll probably just end up as a cameo in the finale at the rate they are going.

Anyone think Chuck wanted Ernie to hear the tape so he will tell Jimmy? That is the way Chuck figured out how to use it.

Actually you guys are right about chuck wanting him to hear it. Listened to a podcast this morning and they said that the tape player was in the "on" position already as he was putting in the batteries

great stuff guys. thanks.

can anyone breifly explain the devolution of mike. I love his character, but am struggling to recall how he started down this path and his beef with the Hispanics.

Also, I agree on the Ernesto take, but what did he really hear? It wasn't Saul's "confession"

can anyone breifly explain the devolution of mike. I love his character, but am struggling to recall how he started down this path and his beef with the Hispanics.

Also, I agree on the Ernesto take, but what did he really hear? It wasn't Saul's "confession"

He had a real bad taco once

I wish the pace would pick up just a bit. Hopefully that will happen when Gus shows up, but I'm afraid that he'll probably just end up as a cameo in the finale at the rate they are going.

Preview showed Fring next week. That said, will probably be a cameo in the end of the episode knowing BCS>

Reactions: KalamityKat
Mike, for whatever reason, is a very endearing character. Am excited to see where Season 3 takes us...

Season 2 episode 4 is where it started, then rolls into episode 5. Nacho wanted Tuco out of the way, so he hired Mike. Eventually Hector started to put pressure on Mike and it all rolled downhill from there.

I don't think it was the confession Chuck wanted Ernesto to hear, but just enough that Ernesto would go back to Jimmy and say "Chuck has you on tape talking....", which would drive Jimmy crazy wondering what he has. It's all a chess game to Chuck.

As a side note, will we get to see anymore of the Squat Cobbler?
hoboken-squat-cobbler.jpg

Thanks BB! Gosh. my memory on that is just fuzzy. I remember Nacho v. Tucko beef, but I can't recall why he went to Mike? I remember Tucko assaulting Mike and then Hector pushing/leaning on Mike, but that is about all. I remember mike taking down the shipment, and the driver being killed, but there are a lot of gaps for me. I may need to binge watch again

Thanks BB! Gosh. my memory on that is just fuzzy. I remember Nacho v. Tucko beef, but I can't recall why he went to Mike? I remember Tucko assaulting Mike and then Hector pushing/leaning on Mike, but that is about all. I remember mike taking down the shipment, and the driver being killed, but there are a lot of gaps for me. I may need to binge watch again

Nacho's first intro to Mike was when Mike was playing bodyguard for the squat cobbler when he was selling pills to Nacho. When the squat cobbler decided to ditch Mike because he thought he could do it on his own, Nacho found out where he lived and robbed his pills and baseball cards. To keep the po po out of it, Mike tracked it back to Nacho and made Nacho return the cards because dumbass squat cobbler wouldn't let it die that Nacho had his baseball cards. That's how those two tie together.

How can someone be surprised at how slow and boring the show moves? It is a spinoff of Breaking Bad which is a slow boring show as well. I watched 2 1/2 seasons of BB before giving up. Many people have said I need to give it more time, best show ever (I disagree), but there is no way I could start over and rewatch the first two seasons of BB.

I've always wondered when someone says a show gets good in the third or fourth season how it ever made it that long without getting cancelled.

UKJon

How can someone be surprised at how slow and boring the show moves? It is a spinoff of Breaking Bad which is a slow boring show as well. I watched 2 1/2 seasons of BB before giving up. Many people have said I need to give it more time, best show ever (I disagree), but there is no way I could start over and rewatch the first two seasons of BB.

I've always wondered when someone says a show gets good in the third or fourth season how it ever made it that long without getting cancelled.

UKJon

Good god what an ishy take.

ADVERTISEMENT