ADVERTISEMENT

Better Call Saul..

How did Lydia get introduced in the breaking bad universe? I know she supplied some kind of chemical walt had trouble getting. Was that when Mike and walt got into business together? Mike knows her through Gus?

How did Lydia get introduced in the breaking bad universe? I know she supplied some kind of chemical walt had trouble getting. Was that when Mike and walt got into business together? Mike knows her through Gus?

Gus's Los Pollos chain was owned by a larger German entity. one of the many ways he kept his name in the clear and off the radar. Lydia worked for that
German outfit. they were a multi million dollar outfit that was also part of the drug trade. their resources pooled together it was made it an empire. Lydia helped to funnel methylamine from one of the other businesses to Gus in the U.S. as a key ingredient in making his meth and he shipped product overseas as well. Lydia didn't become a player in BB until Walt took Gus out. she needed to keep the business on her end going, Mike needed to keep his people paid and happy as well.

Any predictions on how Jimmy loses his woman? Could she have been his unmentioned girlfriend on BB?

I don't remember him mentioning a girlfriend on BB but there's no chance she would be with him with all that he becomes involved with IMO. They are going to have some epic falling-out at some point, probably at the end of BCS.

Just realized that the actor who plays Hector is not Hispanic but JEWISH, was born in Philadelphia, and speaks perfect English. Never would have guessed that.

How can someone be surprised at how slow and boring the show moves? It is a spinoff of Breaking Bad which is a slow boring show as well. I watched 2 1/2 seasons of BB before giving up. Many people have said I need to give it more time, best show ever (I disagree), but there is no way I could start over and rewatch the first two seasons of BB.

I've always wondered when someone says a show gets good in the third or fourth season how it ever made it that long without getting cancelled.

UKJon

I have to rather disagree with you over BB. OK, I'm a bit bias, I spent 8 of the best years of my life in the ABQ. That's just how it worked out. One goes where opportunity arises. Believe me when I tell you though,. it was realistic. NM was the last of the 48 states to join, and is still as close as you'll find to the wild, wild west.

Last edited:
I have to rather disagree with you over BB. OK, I'm a bit bias, I spent 8 of the best years of my life in the ABQ. That's just how it worked out. One goes where opportunity arises. Believe me when I tell you though,. it was realistic. NM was the last of the 48 states to join, and is still as close as you'll find to the wild, wild west.

Arizona was the last of the 48 continentals to join, but NM joined a whopping month earlier.

How can someone be surprised at how slow and boring the show moves? It is a spinoff of Breaking Bad which is a slow boring show as well. I watched 2 1/2 seasons of BB before giving up. Many people have said I need to give it more time, best show ever (I disagree), but there is no way I could start over and rewatch the first two seasons of BB.

I've always wondered when someone says a show gets good in the third or fourth season how it ever made it that long without getting cancelled.

UKJon
Wow. I thought BB was the best made for tv show I've seen in my 58 years.

Binge watching sopranos right now.

Loved the others except the wire, just can't stay attached to it

That 15 min scene (seemed like it anyway) when Chuck was tearing apart his house, I wanted to punch myself in the face. I have been over him and his storyline for sometime. This show just seems to continually just drag on. Maybe I'm just comparing it to breaking bad which is unfair. I've read that season 4 has not been renewed yet. Ratings have been down. Hopefully they can renew it and finally get something good going.

That 15 min scene (seemed like it anyway) when Chuck was tearing apart his house, I wanted to punch myself in the face. I have been over him and his storyline for sometime. This show just seems to continually just drag on. Maybe I'm just comparing it to breaking bad which is unfair. I've read that season 4 has not been renewed yet. Ratings have been down. Hopefully they can renew it and finally get something good going.
Ratings down? Bring on Tuco.

Is there any way jimmy is still in charge of chucks estate? In season one or two when he was in the hospital I think jimmy was put in charge. Could jimmy get the rest of the HHM money that is owed to Chuck?

Ratings down? Bring on Tuco.
aa58e1ea89d84cadc88dd6c700b73a52.jpg

This show will get as long as Gilligan wants. No way they cancel it. It will get 5-6 seasons IMO, similar to BB. The ratings are down but it is still really good ratings wise for cable.

I hope Chuck is dead. I'm sick of him. This will be the moment that I hope finally makes Jimmy Saul for good. The McGill name dies with Chuck so to speak. I think Kim and Jimmy being so closer (closer than ever) is gonna set them up for a fall in season 4. I think we need a time jump at some point closer to Breaking Bad. They promised us we would get some of the BB storyline from Saul's perspective, but honestly that could be done in a few episodes if they really wanted. I doubt they do a post-BB storyline either, or not much of one. They could go bigtime with that but won't.

Does anyone remember from BB any mention of the year it starts? They are in 2003 on Saul now. I know that because Jimmy asks Kim how Recoverython 2003 is going.

theoretically, the black and white scenes with cinnabon Jimmy, Saul, whatev that are taking place in real time are going on when Walt is still on his excursion of hiding out in Maine or wherever that was. So when we see Saul working at the cinnabon, Walt hasn't returned to rescue Jessie and "supposedly die". So we could in theory, at some point, see a story line where Saul comes out of hiding once he knows, thinks Walt is done. Jessie was left on the run, you know the feds will be looking for him. just saying, there could be some post breaking bad, post Better Call Saul story lines to introduce.

ADVERTISEMENT