ADVERTISEMENT

Best Frozen Pizza

Originally posted by Wildcat Droppings:
Kroger brand rising crust
I've bought these and tried them twice. The first time I tried it, I thought the pizza was really good, then spent the next 16 hours praying and hoping I could stop farting. Convinced that I had some stomach bug originally, I tried another one months later and, again, depleted the ozone layer with my greenhouse gases. They are pretty high quality for a frozen pizza but I'm just not willing to deal with the aftermath.

I usually get the Totino's party pizzas. For less than $5 I can get one for everyone and they are the only thing from my childhood that really tastes like I remember. Whenever I eat one I think I should be watching a rented VHS tape from the video store with my buddies.

This post was edited on 3/1 9:15 PM by We-Todd-Did

Just about any kind as long as it is three meat. Partial to thin crust but, will take any.

The only pizza I couldn't eat was a Totinos Mexican pizza, I may try the party pizza's. Not much difference in the rest of them, if you add some extra pepperoni and cheese. School pizza gets two thumbs up also.

totinos_pepperoni_party_pizza_01.JPG

+

cholula-hot-sauce.jpg

Reactions: WildcatFan1982
Kroger thin crust pepperoni is what I go to the most in regards to the frozen pizza options.

Very good thread, imo.

I thought about this a lot over the weekend, and came to the conclusion that Pizza Rolls are tops for many reasons that I don't feel like typing out. Basically, all frozen pizza is created somewhat equally, but Pizza Rolls are a different animal that cook better because of their crispy outer shell. It's science.

Old school rectangle pizza with fries was a classic, oh and do not forget the watered down Lemonade to go with it. (at least at MNHHS) Those octagon shaped tostads(sp?) pizza was not as good. Can still actually get those school pizzas from Swan.

1. Reggino's
2. Red Barron (thin crust meat lover with extree cheese
3. Tombstone Sausage / Pepperoni
4. Jacks 5 cheese
5. Tony's (but you have to add extree cheese and toppings)

Originally posted by JasonSpear:
Totino's $1.80 singles. Throw 2 of em in the oven at midnight every Friday night (Saturday is cheat day) and toss some jalapenos, mushrooms, extra cheese, on top of em. Crispy crust, creamy cheese, inexpensive as hell.... just good.
That's what we do - throw on extra pepperoni, bacon, cheese and vegetables laying around - can't really beat it for ~$2.50.

Always amazed at marks who think Digiorno is the bomb. The product of being bamboozled by huge marketing budget + high prices in the frozen isle of the Krogers.

Myself, Tombstone always a fav. Yeah I know the cheese is a bit rubbery, but getting one of those and a couple horror movie tapes for a sat night was heaven as a little kid.

I could live on 1.25 Totino's Cheese Pizzas. In terms of bang-for-your buck, they rank right up there with all cheapass food.

In terms of quality I really like California Pizza Kitchen.

Digiorno's is disgusting.

Palermo's PremoThin Supreme Pizza. You can get them elsewhere but I get them at Costco. Box of 3 is about $10. Best frozen pizza by far!

Hows about how ever long it takes you to buy 100 of those for $10 at Costco, you save up the money and not buy them ? K ? Then you can pay Da man his $$$$$. (Brady)

#CAN'TSTANDAWELCHER
#PEOPLESHOULDPAYGAMBLINGDEBTSBEFOREBUYINGFROZENPIZZA
#AMANSWORDSHOULDBEWORTHSOMETHING

Originally posted by catsfanbgky:

Hows about how ever long it takes you to buy 100 of those for $10 at Costco, you save up the money and not buy them ? K ? Then you can pay Da man his $$$$$. (Brady)

#CAN'TSTANDAWELCHER
#PEOPLESHOULDPAYGAMBLINGDEBTSBEFOREBUYINGFROZENPIZZA
#AMANSWORDSHOULDBEWORTHSOMETHING
roll.r191677.gif

Tombstone , crust is crispy and sauce is good . I hate pizzas with orange sauce , it should be red like tomato paste color .

Gotta have it hot. Kills my teeth trying to bite thru that frozen crap. Zero taste.

Places like Meijers carries a pizza called Home Run Inn that is fantastic. They are located out of the chicagoland area. Meijers is the only place Ive found it around here in louisville.

Meijers also carries one of the disgusting Chicago nothing but dough, with the cheese in the middle "pies". I can not remember which (Genos East) maybe ? I paid like $9 for the thing, thinking "I get to try real Chicago pizza everyone raves about." If they all are like that, thanks, but no thanks. Horrible, threw it away. I like thin / NY style anyway, but damn, that was one doughy pizza.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
A quick Google and it was indeed Genos East. The 2lbs pie. God it was awful.

Originally posted by B.B.d.K.:

Let's be real tho, why would anyone buy a frozen pizza when you can get these a door over?

images

40 pack to the head about once a month for basically my entire life.
smokin.r191677.gif
FTW. /thread

Originally posted by catsfanbgky:

A quick Google and it was indeed Genos East. The 2lbs pie. God it was awful.
I have tried that as well.

Literally, the worst thing I've ever ate in my life.

You have to use reverse logic when it comes to frozen pizza. The cheaper it is (Totinos) then the better it is. The more it costs, then the biggest mistake you made by not ordering out and getting the real thing.

Reactions: nerdcat
My mom worked at the school cafeteria for three or four years. Each summer she'd hit up the supply house and but a bunch of pizzas and chicken patties. Sure, it turned funKYcat75 into husKYcat75, but it was worth every bit.

Did she also make sure to give you a side of corn and fruit cocktail with it and a little carton of milk?

I never understood how schools came up with that combo.

Last edited:
I always go with regular ole Tombstone. Not the best frozen I have ever had, but decent. And at like $3 or $3.50 per pizza, it's cheap enough where I'm actually getting a good deal by not going to a restaurant of any sort to get a pizza. The other frozen pizzas I would get all cost like $6+ once you add in tax, so it just seems a bit silly to get those when I can use a coupon code online and get a chain pizza for like $8-9 that would taste a good bit better.

Totinos and Red Baron is toilet swill. My parents tried to feed me that once when I was little. I went on a hunger strike after the first bite of each.

Uno's Pizzeria & Grill at one point had a frozen pizza you could get in stores. I think it was even sold in Lexington grocery stores. It's been 8 or 9 years since I've had one. And it's been 8 or 9 years since I've been satisfied with a frozen pizza.

ddPepperoni14.jpg

California Pizza Kitchen.

Totinos- been awhile since I've had one, but I would always get either their cheese or their pepperoni pizza, then add extra shit to it after it had been in the oven for a few minutes to thaw (extra cheese, peppers, onions, etc.).

Yep, like the California Pizza Kitchen thin crust. Totino's used to make a pretty decent Mexican pizza, but don't find those anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT