ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
They look good, again. Think they miss Bowers a lot, though. Having that one guy who seemed to always be open, caught everything near him and made big play after big play is hard to replace, even with Georgia's recruiting prowess.

Defense still looks stout with speed all over the field. Beck is really good. Their top RB, Etienne, not playing today so they'll be better running with him.

Tall order for anyone to beat them this year, it appears.

Reactions: Fox2monk
They are young in the secondary and dont have a dominant player like years past. They wont be playing us in Georgia like they are Clemson either.
They have defeated UK. 14 times in a row as well. These guys are tired of losing to them plus we have a former Georgia QB and a former Georgia LB.
It will be a 1 score game; thats all Im gonna say.

They look good, again. Think they miss Bowers a lot, though. Having that one guy who seemed to always be open, caught everything near him and made big play after big play is hard to replace, even with Georgia's recruiting prowess.

Defense still looks stout with speed all over the field. Beck is really good. Their top RB, Etienne, not playing today so they'll be better running with him.

Tall order for anyone to beat them this year, it appears.

They are so ridiculously good. 40 straight regular season wins.

They are young in the secondary and dont have a dominant player like years past. They wont be playing us in Georgia like they are Clemson either.
They have defeated UK. 14 times in a row as well. These guys are tired of losing to them plus we have a former Georgia QB and a former Georgia LB.
It will be a 1 score game; thats all Im gonna say.
Come on man, we are not on their level. It would be amazing to play them in a tight game. It’d we beat them then yeah but you really believe UK is the team that will stop their streak?

Reactions: bbncal02
Wasn't impressed with UGA. They may end up really good but it felt like Clemson's defense gave up because if the offense's inability to do anything and it took UGA almost an entire half to score a TD and they didn't score in the first. They certainly don't have the same look as the last few years.

Kirby has built something special. He could pull a Saban quicker than Saban. Have half a dozen titles before he's 60. I mean he's not even 50 which is when a lot of coaches hit their stride and really take off.

They could've beat every team in that play off last year. I think they can beat any of the other favorites this year.

Bama and Texas are their only real challenges. Dawgs have an edge on both of them, I think.

Reactions: JASUN74
Wasn't impressed with UGA. They may end up really good but it felt like Clemson's defense gave up because if the offense's inability to do anything and it took UGA almost an entire half to score a TD and they didn't score in the first. They certainly don't have the same look as the last few years.
Also Wk 1. I'm sure Kirby wasn't thrilled with their performance early.

Remember when UGA lost the SEC Championship last year and people were like "Yeah, they don't belong in the playoffs?" And then proceeded to kick the ever living ish out of FSU?

Yeah, don't discount UGA. Smart has built a dynasty down there.

Also Wk 1. I'm sure Kirby wasn't thrilled with their performance early.

Remember when UGA lost the SEC Championship last year and people were like "Yeah, they don't belong in the playoffs?" And then proceeded to kick the ever living ish out of FSU?

Yeah, don't discount UGA. Smart has built a dynasty down there.
Show me on the field, they lost a ton, and didn't look the same. I did say they may turn it up as we go on but that game wasn't it. Clemson is doodoo and living off name recognition at this point.

Show me on the field, they lost a ton, and didn't look the same. I did say they may turn it up as we go on but that game wasn't it. Clemson is doodoo and living off name recognition at this point.
Again, Wk 1. All teams will get better (hopefully) as we go. Clemson needs a new coach, but they've got some decent players (sounds familiar....)

Kirby isn't gonna let his career and rep fall apart that easy.

UGA played a top 15 team coming off a 9 win season, with a couple returning frosh AA, a legit AA and won by 4 TDs. This with the top 2 RB out, but Frazier is probably top 2 from now on. Kept Clemson out of endzone, how much better could UGA gave done?

Reactions: CrimsonCats
UGA played a top 15 team coming off a 9 win season, with a couple returning frosh AA, a legit AA and won by 4 TDs. This with the top 2 RB out, but Frazier is probably top 2 from now on. Kept Clemson out of endzone, how much better could UGA gave done?
Clemson plays in the ACC, glad you're happy with that performance I guess. Didn't look like the #1 team to me. Good luck with your season.

Clemson plays in the ACC, glad you're happy with that performance I guess. Didn't look like the #1 team to me. Good luck with your season.

And won 2 NC in the last 10 years, beat their SEC instate rival 8 out of 10 years. It wasn't a perfect outing, but it was a good opener against a quality opponent. Would it have been more impressive playing Mercer and beating them by 60 like several SEC teams have done. A couple of them I didn't know played football.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
And won 2 NC in the last 10 years, beat their SEC instate rival 8 out of 10 years. It wasn't a perfect outing, but it was a good opener against a quality opponent. Would it have been more impressive playing Mercer and beating them by 60 like several SEC teams have done. A couple of them I didn't know played football.
Ok

Come on man, we are not on their level. It would be amazing to play them in a tight game. It’d we beat them then yeah but you really believe UK is the team that will stop their streak?
We will beat them eventually, we not in Ky with one of our better teams?

We will beat them eventually, we not in Ky with one of our better teams?
Yeah but you think this every year, I will never go into a game with them under smart thinking we will win home or away especially when they haven’t lost in 40 straight games. The one game they lost was by what a late FG for the playoff birth they still should have received?

Reactions: UK CAT in FL
Yeah but you think this every year, I will never go into a game with them under smart thinking we will win home or away especially when they haven’t lost in 40 straight games. The one game they lost was by what a late FG for the playoff birth they still should have received?
Georgia has it rolling. They would be sitting on a three-peat if they had gotten into the playoff last season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT