ADVERTISEMENT

Benny and the Jets. No really?

point1zero

Sophomore
Apr 9, 2009
How hilarious would that be if he ended up in NYC? Have not kept up with the Jets. Do they need a running back? What are the chances?

Their depth chart this year is Powell/Crowell I believe. Solid backs, not sure what their needs are.

One in 32

Probably much less than 1 in 32 honestly. If the Jets think they need a RB, Benny’s one of many available. If they don’t, obviously much, much less than 1 in 32.

Just heard the song on the way home and thought, wow, Benny’s pretty well done at UK. Where will he end up in the NFL?

Reactions: kev69
Probably much less than 1 in 32 honestly. If the Jets think they need a RB, Benny’s one of many available. If they don’t, obviously much, much less than 1 in 32.

Just heard the song on the way home and thought, wow, Benny’s pretty well done at UK. Where will he end up in the NFL?
Weak attempt at humor by me.

I think Benny needs to come back to school finish his degree, an have another year to build on his legendary career at Kentucky!! I wish he was a first or second rounder but I’m not sure. If he gets a guarantee from a team and he likes the fit, then sure , but, he could make a lot of money coming back, I think. He’s really close but he needs to work on his speed, blocking and catching the ball a little more to be a early round guy. Just too many backs that do the other things well. If he can fine tune some things though, you’re talking about one of those every down backs that teams love and can’t pass on. Now don’t get me wrong, he’s a hell of a player for what he does. One of the best! To actually have a career in the NFL, he needs to work on the other stuff. Just my opinion and he may surprise me. If he leaves I hope him the very best, but I’d just like to see him fine tune some things and be a great one.

I think Benny needs to come back to school finish his degree, an have another year to build on his legendary career at Kentucky!! I wish he was a first or second rounder but I’m not sure. If he gets a guarantee from a team and he likes the fit, then sure , but, he could make a lot of money coming back, I think. He’s really close but he needs to work on his speed, blocking and catching the ball a little more to be a early round guy. Just too many backs that do the other things well. If he can fine tune some things though, you’re talking about one of those every down backs that teams love and can’t pass on. Now don’t get me wrong, he’s a hell of a player for what he does. One of the best! To actually have a career in the NFL, he needs to work on the other stuff. Just my opinion and he may surprise me. If he leaves I hope him the very best, but I’d just like to see him fine tune some things and be a great one.

I disagree. I definitely think it’s in Benny’s best interest to move on. And crazy as it may sound, I think it may be in our best interest too. We gotta get this offense going and less one dimensional. Our defense will probably take at least a little step back (possibly a major one), so this offense has to pick up the slack. I think SEC teams were figuring Benny out in he back half. Lack of his presence will force us to be less one dimensional.

I disagree. I definitely think it’s in Benny’s best interest to move on. And crazy as it may sound, I think it may be in our best interest too. We gotta get this offense going and less one dimensional. Our defense will probably take at least a little step back (possibly a major one), so this offense has to pick up the slack. I think SEC teams were figuring Benny out in he back half. Lack of his presence will force us to be less one dimensional.
You know. I agree with you about us getting our offensive game going and I’m pretty sure we will. Benny or not. He would be a hell of a nice player to have though with the added passing game we’re 100%, no doubt in my mind, guaranteed going to have. Lol. I was thinking of what would be better for Benny. I think it’s more him needing to grow up a little and work on his temper, and maturity. He’s even said he’s still a kid who likes playing video games all night and all that stuff, but In the NFL , these guys are grown men and a lot of them with families to support. It’s a business and in my opinion another year would do wonders for him to help him grow and become more ready for the real world. Of course this is just one guys opinion and i could be wrong about him. All that being said, he would help our team on the third downs more than anything, but he can have 1000 plus yards and us still have a potent passing game. Look at Georgia, they use a few back and they’re different. They also pass they ball pretty damn good. Bama has a passing offense and run to. So anyway I’ll still think he would be a luxury to have and we still grow as an offense. And no way our defense is going to drop much. Of course we will miss a few players and we won’t have a once in a lifetime sack machine, Lol, like Josh Allen, but we will still be outstanding and will be top twenty in the country. I say it all the time and I absolutely believe that, Our staff is the very best in the country at developing players on the defensive side of the ball and we have some young men that can’t wait to knock the dog stuff out of some people. Haha. We’re not going no where and It’s getting better and better. I see no steps back with any area of the team honestly. Again, of course Josh will not be here but we can be very respectable there as well. Anyway I know what you’re saying and thinking about moving on but if we need a third an 2, who would you want to get that carry?? A Senior Benny Snell Jr, or any other running back in the History of SEC football besides Hershel Walker?? Lol. there aren’t going to be many names on that list if you ask me. Sorry for the book. Lol. Thanks bud. No matter what happens, This SLEEPING GIANT has woke up and ready to Compete.

Powell is getting old as far as RBs go. Crowell is 25 and probably has 3-4 good solid years left.

Right now, Jets need a franchise cornerstone on D to compliment Darnold. A pass rusher is a must this day and age of passing. They may need to spend multiple picks on the DL.

If Benny is on the board come round 3 or 4, then absolutely, take a workhorse back.

A Senior Benny Snell Jr, or any other running back in the History of SEC football besides Hershel Walker??

We’d all love to see him back, as he could easily own all SEC rushing records, but he gone!!!!

We’d all love to see him back, as he could easily own all SEC rushing records, but he gone!!!!
I’m sure you’re probably right!! Doesn’t mean he should leave though. Lol. In His presser he will say, “Benny, has thought about it hard, and he hasn’t been taking it lightly!! Benny feels that it’s time to go, but before he does, he wants to say thanks for support. Lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT