ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves was only 2-5 against Miss St

yoshukai

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2002
Harrodsburg
But ended up with 27 points. Last year he would have mostly just settled for what they were giving him and ended up with 10-12 points.He also had 4 rebounds and Cal had him guarding the opponents best player for awhile. He has really taken his game up a notch.

But ended up with 27 points. Last year he would have mostly just settled for what they were giving him and ended up with 10-12 points.He also had 4 rebounds and Cal had him guarding the opponents best player for awhile. He has really taken his game up a notch.
He has become a Master of the Float Game !!

He has upgraded his game substantially. This team is a much better fit for him.

Yeah, last year he struggled with physical play from teams. Teams who set out to shut him down were usually able to at least slow him down significantly. If they got physical with him, he would often back down. This is the reason some of our own fans labeled him as someone who disappeared in big games. So, this stat is very telling for Reeves and it says that he's improved this season significantly.

I was looking at a picture of Reeves yesterday that showed his physical stats. He put on several lbs of muscle over the off-season and has improved his leaping ability and strength as well. I think that's why he's handling the physicality and pressure better.

Yeah he was 2/5, and his 3 misses to be honest were WIDE open- so uncharacteristic for him.

On the flip side, Miss State got FOUR 3FGs from players who shoot worse than 27% from 3 on the season, and the greatest performance of Hubbards career.

And they still lost.

Reeves was 2/7 from 3 and scored 21 pts.

You are looking at the 1st game at home vs Miss State when he went 2/5 from 3 and 27 pts.

Last year, Reeves was a shooter. Now, through hard work, he is a complete player on both ends. He is having a season comparable to any player in the Cal era. He deserves AA honors and hope he gets it.

Reactions: yoshukai
Incredible player. He's so smooth. Absolutely love his game.

Reactions: yoshukai
Reeves has been outstanding all year. But I'm sure if he goes 1 for 7 from 3 in the game UK gets eliminated. I'm sure the Reeves is a chocker crowd will pounce.
Never mind the opponent might have been making him their guy to not let beat them.

I would hope this would be a lesson for some of these players that want jump to the NBA

Reeves made a very smart decision to return this year. He's improved so much and may now have NBA teams looking at him.

Reeves is obviously the best offensive player on the team, but I think he is probably the best overall player too given his rebounding and improved defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT