ADVERTISEMENT

Bam's big decision

Bam is long gone as is Fox and Monk - all three 1st rounders.

Until the NBA goes to 2 years it is what is is and you can't begrudge a kid for going.
If the NCAA really wanted college basketball to go seriously-main stream in the eyes of all sports fans, they'd work with the NBA and get this 2-year-done gig put in place. I know, it's the NBA players that are pushing back on it, but if it happened, could you imagine the games we'd see, not just from Kentucky, but from any team that has dealt with losing a freshman to the draft.

They'll do it, but somehow I think it won't be until Cal is retired. Unfortunately.

Reactions: brianpoe
I wish him the best but dang I really do think he needs another year...but he'll leave. Hopefully he'll make it (NBA) at some point.

LOL, we go through this every year. Come on guys, you know better.
Bam has an NBA ready body and will be turned into a player by NBA coaches. I can't believe some of you would get your hopes up. He's not coming back.
Why would he want to come back, have limited practice time and have to go to class? Makes zero sense.

Unless there's even a chance he drops into the 2nd round.

You guys question whether Monk is really a top 10 pick ? God knows we have prob watched him closer than most NBA teams ( lol , a joke about our obsessions) but there are times he is very guardable . Sometimes he has it and sometimes he doesnt .
Pro's - great elevation on the J , great leaper , can stick open J's
Neg's -- flat out cant guard anyone , the athleticism doesnt translate into a good finisher around the rim , and sometimes he disappears .

The last two games showed he can't play C against NBA size or talent. He has yet to show he has the skills to play 4. He can obviously learn and improve while he's in the pro's. Hopefully he will get some guaranteed money to take the sting out of playing D-League for 2 years.

Bam will go. He is not ready to contribute. He has awful hands. He is a very poor back to the basket player. He can dunk lobs or dunk with no one around to strip him.

Those who clamored for him to get the ball in the post with back to the basket must not have watched the games. He was atrocious at finishing on anything but a dunk.

Skal will be a much better pro than Bam.

Skal is soft and, frankly, quit on the team last year. Bam plays his ass off all the time, does anything that's ever asked of him without complaining or sulking, and progressed as much as any player we've had in a long time throughout the season.

Skal may put up better numbers, but I'll roll with Bam every time. Neither is ever going to be a star in the NBA, but Bam has far more of the intangibles needed to be a successful role player in the league than Skal will ever have.

You guys question whether Monk is really a top 10 pick ? God knows we have prob watched him closer than most NBA teams ( lol , a joke about our obsessions) but there are times he is very guardable . Sometimes he has it and sometimes he doesnt .
Pro's - great elevation on the J , great leaper , can stick open J's
Neg's -- flat out cant guard anyone , the athleticism doesnt translate into a good finisher around the rim , and sometimes he disappears .
His biggest problem is he needs about 15-20 lbs of muscle. If he was stronger he would be a better defender and finisher. Still has very average ball handling skills.

Reactions: brianpoe
Love Bam. He really needs to come back and work on his shooting and defense before going to the NBA :).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT