ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn seems to know how to defend

Holster those thoughts as we ain't played yet. But I get the apprehension. We need to grow up on D in a major hurry. Cal's teams used to hang their hats on solid defense. We've seriously lacked in that department the last few seasons.
I just can’t stand Pearl and KD. They are the Kansas of the SEC. Except they don’t even have the titles to gloat with. So in a way they are somehow worse.

As much as many of the supposed UK fans that post here will hate it, UK is winning the SEC.

Sorry Auburn fans, too bad your team couldn’t defend or shoot last year and got curb stomped on national tv.

LOL at a UK fan defending Auburn and their loss to App State. Where do these “fans” come from.
Just being objective. Their loss is better than ours - if you can’t see that I can’t help ya boss. That auburn loss is now a quad 1 loss. Ours is a quad 3 loss. I’m secure in my fanhood and can call a spade a spade.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Remember we are young. I think we only lose reeves and whomever transfers or declares. I yhink we get better as the year progresses.

Think of how namy points we lost today around the rim. Burks missed one I could have made and several others also. One more FT from Reed, we win in regulation. Lotsa wouldas, couldas and shouldas. If anyone thinks we should be undefeated, you are a bit optimistical.imo...We'll win our share, but remember A & M was picked 2nd behind Auburn by some writers,

Go Cats..
Everyone is gone next year. Lol. Dilly and Reed are lotteries. Wagner first round. Edwards will either transfer or go anyway. Bradshaw has zero reason but will declare as well. It’s the Kentucky effect. We will never win another Championship under Cal and one and dones. Defense is the reason. Kids do not play defense in AAU. They come in now with zero defensive skills.

Reactions: UKNothinButNet
I get it plus who knows if he would've accepted a lessor offensive role. It also didn't help that we didn't have Welch and was stuck in cals old offense.

All that said, cal needs to change it up defensively. Go zone at times or switch up the pick and roll coverage, because our big guys can't just switch. It's like shouting into the void, because he never changes it even with big men who can't switch.
Cal will NEVER go zone. He’s the Boeheim of man-to-man

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Well UK will have no problem scoring on Auburn, I guarantee you that.

The problem is UK will give up just as many points if not more.

And for whatever it's worth, TAMU missed open shot after open against Auburn earlier this week.
Yeah, and he does not have all of the 5* that UK has. Plain and simple ... defense wins games and 5* don't play defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT