ADVERTISEMENT

There’s a lot of reasons to like this hire

Apr 10, 2024
Now of course Mark would not have been my first choice—that would’ve been Nate Oats and then perhaps Drew or Lloyd. For whatever reason that didn’t happen. I never really looked at Hurley or Donovan as possibilities. Hurley is at the pinnacle where he’s at and Donovan is not gonna backtrack from the pros back to college

For one thing everyone screaming bloody murder is gonna be proven wrong. In all sports the best coaching hire often turns out to be someone you didn’t consider a big name or even heard of. Dan Hurley is a great example of this. And Pope if you’ve paid attention did a solid job with BYU all places even this past year when they joined a very tough big 12. Many people me included liked BYUs chances to make a dark horse run, but unfortunately they came out flat in the very first game against a hot Duquesne team. Thats sometimes the breaks of a one and done basketball tourney.

However…what I’m most pleased about is that the program is back in the hands of someone who played here and there’s no doubt that he cares about the shirt. And the calipari groupies can go follow him to Arkansas and root for the glorified G league team he’ll have there. When Pope starts winning please please do not come back. We don’t want you. Go follow your king with no clothes because you are not Kentucky fans you’re fans of so called coach Cal. You wouldn’t have been happy with anybody because you wanted Cal here for life

Think Pope is a top 3 realistic option we could’ve gotten next to Oats and his offense may prove to be as good as nates with Alabama

Reactions: TM2013
Also a lot to not like.
I have nothing against pope,
But this is a shot in the dark!
You had better more proven guys available,that have much better recruiting connections.

IMO it's all on his staff, he better understand his weaknesses and fill those needs with his staff!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT