ADVERTISEMENT

Atheism...

"Influenced by God" is not the same thing as "The word of God".
If God influences you to say this then, yes it is. Only problem is as I have said before, translations do not always come out meaning what was originally written. I can agree in part with your point, man has screwed it up for the lack of a better word.

Ok, sure. I mean, these socks are passable overall. Perhaps a little thin, but the material is fairly springy, so they stay up on my calves. My main complaint, however, is the toe seam is about 4-5/32" too far forward. Not quite along the front ridge of my toes, but still a tad too far to be really comfortable. Plus it's raised too high (I can't stand a prominent toe seam).

Really though, is there such a thing as the "perfect" sock? If so, I've never seen one. About the closest thing I've found is a pair of 2 (X)ist socks I got at a Tanger Polo Outlet in Pigeon Forge. I loved those things. Great fit, stylish, comfortable, proper thickness, etc... In fact, I would have bought a whole drawer full of 'em until I found out that the gays really like them -- they're like the official sock of the gays or some silly shit like that. I mean, WTF? Can't heteros make anything fashionable anymore? Still though, they're great socks.

Just in case you haven't tried...I'm about 6 months in on a 4-pack of Kirkland (Costco) padded dress socks (OTC) and they don't quit, comfortable, truly padded, and look dope.

The gig is up: it's all of US

Source: Me-Christian for 24 years, Atheist for 12+ years, then had a Spiritual Awakening while going through a long process. It started with self reflection and it culminated with researching ancient knowledge and religions like Gnosticism. Good stuff.

Reactions: The-Hack
The gig is up: it's all of US

Source: Me-Christian for 24 years, Atheist for 12+ years, then had a Spiritual Awakening while going through a long process. It started with self reflection and it culminated with researching ancient knowledge and religions like Gnosticism. Good stuff.

What kind of Spiritual awakening?

What kind of Spiritual awakening?

Honestly I just went on a good run of reading a ton. It was mostly knowledge based mixed with the right mix of life experiences. Those things expanded my capacity enough to be able to simply understand.

The actual Awakening was crazy...I ended up researching Freemasonry and what it meant to be a 33rd degree. I ended up reading something about they know the Truth. So I'm like what's The Truth? A statement? A person? I say to myself, I want to know the Truth. (Seek and ye shall find?) Then I'm led to Gnosticism and am intrigued. I go to a site called The Forbidden Religion...at this point I'm on a run like Nick Cage on American Treasure lmao.

So I'm sitting on my couch and I'm really getting into the website. All of the sudden I feel this weird energy flowing through my body...kind of a euphoric feeling. As I keep reading it keeps getting stronger to the point I felt like I was about to sieze out or something. Then something indescribable in human terms happened, because it wasn't human. I was One with the entirety of everything. You...Me...Dupree...God...Manson lmao. When this stops, I'm standing across the room in front of my steps, and my arms were locked out like a conductor...or like I was on a cross haha. Remember I'm an atheist as this is happening. Not sure if it lasted 4 mins or 4 hours. When I "came to," I was not freaked out like I normally would have been after something insane like that. It felt right. I was overcome with Unconditional Love and Compassion. I was a dick before that and was immediately softened. I bawled for 5 mins, then laughed hysterically for 5 mins. I can't kill a bug now. I interpret the arms out thing as that version of me dying and a rebirth occuring. Wierdos like Jim Carrey and Russel Brand suddenly make sense.

Sorry for the book. This seemed like a good spot to drop it haha.

Honestly I just went on a good run of reading a ton. It was mostly knowledge based mixed with the right mix of life experiences. Those things expanded my capacity enough to be able to simply understand.

The actual Awakening was crazy...I ended up researching Freemasonry and what it meant to be a 33rd degree. I ended up reading something about they know the Truth. So I'm like what's The Truth? A statement? A person? I say to myself, I want to know the Truth. (Seek and ye shall find?) Then I'm led to Gnosticism and am intrigued. I go to a site called The Forbidden Religion...at this point I'm on a run like Nick Cage on American Treasure lmao.

So I'm sitting on my couch and I'm really getting into the website. All of the sudden I feel this weird energy flowing through my body...kind of a euphoric feeling. As I keep reading it keeps getting stronger to the point I felt like I was about to sieze out or something. Then something indescribable in human terms happened, because it wasn't human. I was One with the entirety of everything. You...Me...Dupree...God...Manson lmao. When this stops, I'm standing across the room in front of my steps, and my arms were locked out like a conductor...or like I was on a cross haha. Remember I'm an atheist as this is happening. Not sure if it lasted 4 mins or 4 hours. When I "came to," I was not freaked out like I normally would have been after something insane like that. It felt right. I was overcome with Unconditional Love and Compassion. I was a dick before that and was immediately softened. I bawled for 5 mins, then laughed hysterically for 5 mins. I can't kill a bug now. I interpret the arms out thing as that version of me dying and a rebirth occuring. Wierdos like Jim Carrey and Russel Brand suddenly make sense.

Sorry for the book. This seemed like a good spot to drop it haha.

tumblr_okmezpcIdk1ude31so1_500.gif

I believe there has to be a God. That's about it. Why one thinks there is a need to worship such being or beings escapes me since it was His/Hers/Their idea to put us here.

My parents told me at age 4 that if I wanted, I could ride to church on Sundays with my sister. I decided whether or not there was a God should dictate my decision.

So I asked myself the question, "what can I really prove does exist." Ultimately, I realized that only my perception of reality was 100% "real," but because I have realistic dreams, those things I perceive might not be real, though my perception is. I really see purple cats in a dream, but they don't exist, outside of my perception/consciousness. I truly believe the puter I'm typing on exists, but I cannot prove its existence, as certainly as I can my perception of it.

In other words, I reduced existence to a tiny speck of my consciousness viewing a projection/movie screen of people and the material universe being played for me to perceive reality.

Then I realized that someone had to be running the projection screen/movie.

I still am convinced in the existence of God, and vhcat70, I worship as I am sincerely thankful for "the show."

So for the believers, what do you think the supreme being looks like?

Do you think he/she/it wears socks? If so what kind, brand, etc? Asking for a friend.

Edit: Words.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT