ADVERTISEMENT

Atheism...

UKMKG

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2012
is foolish.

Atheism-turns-out-to-be-too-simple.-If-the-whole-universe-has-no-meaning-we-should-never-have-found-out-that-it-has-no-meaning...%E2%80%9D-C.S-Lewis.jpg

Maybe I'm missing something, but that quote makes no sense to me. The best I can tell, we make our own meaning. And the bullshit leftist meaning that half the country is falling for is bankrupt and destructive.

I don't believe in any god I've ever heard of, but there may be something that could be called a god. If somebody wants to think meaning comes from above, I'm all for it as long as it promotes overall healthy values for society.

In the past, my focus was extremely limited, only concerned with the truth of a proposition. I'm now pragmatic.

He is saying that if there is no God then there is no objective idea such as "meaning". Therefore, without God, we would never know that the world is meaningless, as atheists insist it is.

Reactions: The-Hack
He is saying that if there is no God then there is no objective idea such as "meaning". Therefore, without God, we would never know that the world is meaningless, as atheists insist it is.

I'd like to see how he reasoned those conclusions. Still makes no sense to me. Like I said, we make our own meaning, IMO. We are in the constant struggle of ideas and meaning. For once, I'd like to hear one of these so-called intellectuals offer more than baseless platitudes.

Reactions: RonEJones
Got nothing to add except to point out that a lot of people who believe in the western idea of the Christian God also throw around the word Karma a lot. Very open minded of them.

Reactions: 420grover and UKMKG
I believe there has to be a God. That's about it. Why one thinks there is a need to worship such being or beings escapes me since it was His/Hers/Their idea to put us here.

Reactions: MoneyMuntz
.....go on
Ok, sure. I mean, these socks are passable overall. Perhaps a little thin, but the material is fairly springy, so they stay up on my calves. My main complaint, however, is the toe seam is about 4-5/32" too far forward. Not quite along the front ridge of my toes, but still a tad too far to be really comfortable. Plus it's raised too high (I can't stand a prominent toe seam).

Really though, is there such a thing as the "perfect" sock? If so, I've never seen one. About the closest thing I've found is a pair of 2 (X)ist socks I got at a Tanger Polo Outlet in Pigeon Forge. I loved those things. Great fit, stylish, comfortable, proper thickness, etc... In fact, I would have bought a whole drawer full of 'em until I found out that the gays really like them -- they're like the official sock of the gays or some silly shit like that. I mean, WTF? Can't heteros make anything fashionable anymore? Still though, they're great socks.

Got nothing to add except to point out that a lot of people who believe in the western idea of the Christian God also throw around the word Karma a lot. Very open minded of them.
According to Pew, about 25% of self-identifying Christians believe you can derive power from the trees, stars and moon. IOW, there is no consistent internal philosophy other than "I believe whatever sounds good to me at a given point in time." To be expected, I suppose, when, what 80%, of people in this nation say they are Christian......

Reactions: UKMKG
If the goal is to reproduce, God started us humans right because Adam and Eve were naked and shit (without gay socks). Eve had them titties that were tempting succulent funbags and Adam banged the eff out of her.

God is smart. Smart design with them big ol titties.

Has to be a God.

Titties.

If the goal is to reproduce, God started us humans right because Adam and Eve were naked and shit (without gay socks). Eve had them titties that were tempting succulent funbags and Adam banged the eff out of her.

God is smart. Smart design with them big ol titties.

Has to be a God.

Titties.

now if Eve was wearing those gay socks, prolly go up like some knee highs on her with the diamond patterns, that would be kinda hot I think.

Reactions: -Mav-
Mav,

-socks are my bailwick. I've done a *lot* of research.

Casual/outdoor:
-darn tough. Made in Vermont. Lifetime warranty. Merino wool with a dash of man made fabrics for shape retention/support.

Dress:

-i prefer otc in lieu of mid-calf.

-pantherella is the gold standard. Generally more conservative. They have offerings in cashmere/merino/Egyptian cotton. Made in England.

-dapper classics. Made in USA. Sea island cotton or merino options. Lots of prints/patterns.

Last edited:
Mav,

-socks are my bailwick. I've done a *lot* of research.

Casual/outdoor:
-darn tough. Made in Vermont. Lifetime warranty. Merino wool with a dash of man made fabrics for shape retention/support.

Dress:

-i prefer otc in lieu of mid-calf.

-pantherella is the gold standard. Generally more conservative. They have offerings in cashmere/merino/Egyptian cotton.

-dapper classics. Made in USA. Sea island cotton or merino options. Lots of prints/patterns.
Thanks for the info brother. I too am all about otc -- for much the same reason that I prefer high-performance boxer briefs. I simply feel more...composed (for lack of a better word) wearing them. I guess both my boys and my calves need a house, as Kramer might say.

Thanks again. I shall definitely be checking out all the sock recs. Wifey is always trying to push off those damned pedestrian Gold Toes on me. Frigging hate them. I'll gladly pay the price for a premium sock. (Since this is an anti-athesim thread, I should add that I feel God told me He approves of me wearing premium foot coverings.)

Anybody have any luck with a good brand of no-show socks that don’t constantly slip off the heel?

If we're going to talk about socks, I'd like to know why all men's socks are made for midgets. These damn things squeeze my legs and ankles so tight my skin is indented a quarter inch. And I'm no fat ass.

I started wearing diabetic socks just because they aren't tight. Jesus.

I lean more towards Anton LaVey’s version of satanism. Eye for an eye, have sex in or out of marriage - do drugs if you want but only if you’re the only person at risk, don’t hurt children or the defenseless, whatever you feel the urge to do as long as it is consensual and you’re not hurting someone who doesn’t want to be hurt.

Basically, living like most ppl do without the guilt or being ashamed to admit it.

Reactions: 420grover
The usual argument I get...

"How could there be a Big Bang? Something can't come from nothing. Something had to have created that mass that exploded"
"Ok, so who created God? Couldn't have come from nothing, right?"
"Shut up. God is eternal"

Also, Injinji socks are the best low to no show socks I have found. Zero slippage, and they are obviously a product of sock evolution.

https://www.injinji.com/

Reactions: 78Gooses and Mossip
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT