ADVERTISEMENT

What is the most bizarre thing Cal has done?

We have a new one to add to this list after last night.

After winning 20-something games spacing your guards, shooting 3's you face a team in the NCAA tournament that runs almost entirely matchup zone. So your plan of attack is to run the ball through your frontcourt that is soft and proven all season they struggle to finish at the rim. You essentially tell your three guards not to look to shoot, to go inside. All to what, prove you are the smartest guy in the room. Get baited by a coach who tells you UK doesn't have an inside game.

The results are turnovers in the front court, your guards outside of Reeves having bad games, and you go home in the first round to the Horizon League champs.

His stupidity is baffling.

As I think about the various things that we have seen over the years with Calipari here at UK, it occurs to me that he’s done some pretty bizarre things with regard to lineups, strategy, etc.

What strikes you as the most foolish or bizarre thing that he’s done in his tenure here?

For me, it’s the continual starting of and giving major minutes to DJ Wagner when you have two lottery pics on the bench who are both more natural and far superior point guards.
That’s what will get him fired

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT