ADVERTISEMENT

Ask me anything A&M

Is it true that opposing fans are welcome at tailgates? I'll be flying so no chance to really purchase any tailgating necessities (except beer).

Also how strict are they on the no alcohol and open flame policy?

Thanks.

Aggiebrass seems like good people. Respectful, knowledgeable and no passive aggressive backhanded compliments. Learned a lot about your team through your posts. 4⭐️s. Good luck every other game but Saturday, pray for no injuries on either side. Thanks.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
I have been urging all my UK friends to make this one if they possibly can.

1. Is there still a big pre-game march in by the Corp? Military viewing stand on home side? Guys behind the mounted brigade shoveling the horse poo-poo into 2 wheel barrels, one marked todays opponent, the other "Texas"?

2. Does the band still not play the Aggie War Hymn until the team comes out for kickoff? Everyone still stand until half time?

3. Does the doggie grave yard actually have its' own scoreboard? What Reveille you on now?

4. Did Fisher accept the 12th man tradition? Is the actual 12th man still recognized on the scoreboard?

5. Still kiss your date/wife/significant other on every Aggie score?

Peace

1). Yes still happens

2). They play it as the team comes out and at the end of the 3rd

3). Yes and we are on 8.

4). Yes he did and they do.

5). Absolutely

Is it true that opposing fans are welcome at tailgates? I'll be flying so no chance to really purchase any tailgating necessities (except beer).

Also how strict are they on the no alcohol and open flame policy?

Thanks.

We had 30-40 Clemson fans at our tailgate and helped other Clemson fans with their own gear set up near us. If I can upload the pictures I’ll show you the mass of humanity at our area of campus.

There are no open container laws or open flame policies on Gameday. Our bar district and campus are very similar to New Orleans in the sense you can walk around openly with drink in hand.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
309hw7d.jpg

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
I have been urging all my UK friends to make this one if they possibly can.

1. Is there still a big pre-game march in by the Corp? Military viewing stand on home side? Guys behind the mounted brigade shoveling the horse poo-poo into 2 wheel barrels, one marked todays opponent, the other "Texas"?

2. Does the band still not play the Aggie War Hymn until the team comes out for kickoff? Everyone still stand until half time?

3. Does the doggie grave yard actually have its' own scoreboard? What Reveille you on now?

4. Did Fisher accept the 12th man tradition? Is the actual 12th man still recognized on the scoreboard?

5. Still kiss your date/wife/significant other on every Aggie score?

Peace

Also does the dog take a dump on the field if the other team scores?

How strict is security on sneaking in flasks/pocket shots? Pretty easy at CWS to walk right past security with a flask in your back pocket. Not trying to get kicked out of the game for trying to pour some Beam in my stadium cup.

Thanks

How strict is security on sneaking in flasks/pocket shots? Pretty easy at CWS to walk right past security with a flask in your back pocket. Not trying to get kicked out of the game for trying to pour some Beam in my stadium cup.

Thanks

As long as you aren't brazenly showing it off, you are good. I've never been caught sneaking in a flask or water bottle of something.

:football:
I’m by no means an expert, but I do make each game and love the sport.

I’ll try to answer most of these tomorrow if you so choose to engage.

**Since I never plan on being nominated for the SCOTUS or enter politics in any form or fashion, nothing is off limits.

Looking forward to a great game Saturday.
thanks for your input and patience . . . best of luck AFTER Saturday!!! GBB:football:

Since your comprehension skills are clearly low, it doesn't suprise me that you can't understand that I said I had no problem with him, but have met many a smug aTm fan.
Sounds like you have some pent up resentment toward us. Regardless, what you did was hi-jack a very respectful thread. Orangebloods.com would be a great place for you to get your rocks off.

Sounds like you have some pent up resentment toward us. Regardless, what you did was hi-jack a very respectful thread. Orangebloods.com would be a great place for you to get your rocks off.

Here come the Aggies. Are you the guy that opened account after account last year to bash Calipari, our school and the State of Kentucky? aTm is a wannabe with a mostly smug fanbase. Sorry that bothers you.

Thanks for all of your helpful info on A & M. The SEC is a great conference and going to other schools is one of the things I have enjoyed over the years. I am really fired up to see A & M! I am coming in my motorhome. Will arrive Thursday night. Can you recommend a campground or a place near the Stadium I can stay for the game at? I am coming alone, so I don't need to be setting up and partying - I'm planning on meeting Aggies that day - lols! And about 10,000 friends from Kentucky!

Go Big Blue!

Thanks for all of your helpful info on A & M. The SEC is a great conference and going to other schools is one of the things I have enjoyed over the years. I am really fired up to see A & M! I am coming in my motorhome. Will arrive Thursday night. Can you recommend a campground or a place near the Stadium I can stay for the game at? I am coming alone, so I don't need to be setting up and partying - I'm planning on meeting Aggies that day - lols! And about 10,000 friends from Kentucky!

Go Big Blue!

Go to this link and see if there are any spots open.

http://transport.tamu.edu/Parking/rv.aspx

Here come the Aggies. Are you the guy that opened account after account last year to bash Calipari, our school and the State of Kentucky? aTm is a wannabe with a mostly smug fanbase. Sorry that bothers you.
Are you kidding? Sounds like you have problems.

46. All of our D line is 4 and 5 star. 3 of our 5 OL were 4 star.
geezus freaking Christ! 46?
Kentucky faces a hell of a challenge anytime it plays the big boys in the conference. The talent difference is as wide as the grand canyon.
I'm not sure how many 4' and 5 s Kentucky has but I bet its less than 12.

46 to 12. Florida is probably the same way...a team full of 4s and 5s. We beat their ass tho.....

46 4's and 5s.....mfer I wish Kentucky could build it up like that someday.

Go to this link and see if there are any spots open.

http://transport.tamu.edu/Parking/rv.aspx
Just following up. Thanks! I secured a pass at the Aggie Parking site for Friday thru Sunday. Will be looking forward to meeting some Aggies. I am traveling by myself, so it should be fun - I here it is a great football tradition - really looking forward to it- and hope we can eek out a win! We don't have many opportunities for great seasons- but this could be one of them!

Go Big Blue!

Just following up. Thanks! I secured a pass at the Aggie Parking site for Friday thru Sunday. Will be looking forward to meeting some Aggies. I am traveling by myself, so it should be fun - I here it is a great football tradition - really looking forward to it- and hope we can eek out a win! We don't have many opportunities for great seasons- but this could be one of them!

Go Big Blue!

Awesome. Which lot were you able to secure?

geezus freaking Christ! 46?
Kentucky faces a hell of a challenge anytime it plays the big boys in the conference. The talent difference is as wide as the grand canyon.
I'm not sure how many 4' and 5 s Kentucky has but I bet its less than 12.

46 to 12. Florida is probably the same way...a team full of 4s and 5s. We beat their ass tho.....

46 4's and 5s.....mfer I wish Kentucky could build it up like that someday.

Bama has 74....

Reactions: Bluegrass79
Just a bad look for Cardsstink.

Leave it alone dude. You are a man on an island here. No one is helping defend your douchery - because it’s so uncalled for.

And I'm starting to pay more attention to posters who seem to do this..... gets tiring filtering through a bunch of junk just to read a thread that was one of the best in a while.

Thanks for dropping by, Aggies. Much respect.

Reactions: TIE543
Awesome. Which lot were you able to secure?
Aggie lot. Graveled next to Bush Library. They still had about 10 sites available if anyone else is interested. Thanks again for your help!

Go Big Blue!

P.S. I will be on site G14

dude seriously... you did hijack a respectful thread maybe just stick to basketball.

For those who have never lived in Texas, the Aggies have a very unique culture that includes many of them inserting that they are an Aggie in virtually every conversation they have. It’s weird.

They also have a pretty unhealthy disdain for the University of Texas.

By contrast, The UT people don’t really seem to give much consideration to the A&M folks on a day to day basis.

It might seem like a somewhat typical in-state rivalry, but it’s not. It’s weird.

You walk into church and people tell you they are Aggies. You look at someone’s wedding photos, and the bride and groom are signifying that they are Aggies.

I always found the Texas people to be more like UK people. It is the large, state flagship university. A lot of Texans go there. They are proud of it. But their pride is much more typical of a normal sports fan or alum, while the A&M pride seems more cult-like, at least from the outside looking in.

The indication is that if you actually attend at A&M, you gain an appreciation of the culture and brotherhood, so to speak, that exists there. And I believe for certain that is true.

From my experience near the campus, I actually observed that they tended to have a higher caliber of student - on average - than what you see at your large state university.

You sense it around town, in restaurants, etc. The students just seem to be nice people, and the type of kids you’d be fine with your kids going to college with.

Ive seen the opposite. Texas fans think theyre a big time football program and they're the single most overrated team in histroy. By far. No one comes close.

Aggie fans know they have now overtaken the state and are now the flagship football program of texas. And texas fans didnt want that and tried to control it. They knew the aggies leaving would hurt then badly and it has. Texas cannot compete with the aggies anymore. And over time its going to get worse.

I hate uTexas. Overrrated smug aholes who think they have a right to have their own network and the other teams of texas should stay put and allow them to have the status of big brother over them. Utexas are the biggest aholes in football and im glad the aggies told them to stick it up their ass.

Now the aggies have the SEC network and ESPN, a bigger univesity, better programs.

To hell with the overrated Longhorns. UKGA we will have to disagree on this one.

Ive seen the opposite. Texas fans think theyre a big time football program and their the single most overrated team in histroy. By far. No one comes close.

Aggie fans know they have now overtaken the state and are now the flagship football program of texas. And texas fans didnt want that and tried to control it. They knew the aggies leaving would hurt then badly and it has. Texas cannot compete with the aggies anymore. And over time its going to get worse.

I hate uTexas. Overrrated smug aholes who think they have a right to have their own network and the other teams of texas should stay put and allow them to have the status of big brother over them. Utexas are the biggest aholes in football and im glad the aggies told them to stick it up their ass.

Now the aggies have the SEC network and ESPN, a bigger univesity, better programs.

To hell with the overrated Longhorns. UKGA we will have to disagree on this one.

I don’t think that you can disagree with my experience, since it’s my experience.

I will agree that the SEC move was huge for A&M, and I can understand why the Texas powers that be wouldn’t want it to happen.

Nonetheless, while the Aggies are cult-like and feel an intense need to identify themselves as Aggies, the Texas people seem pretty content without signaling who they are as soon as they walk in the room.

Again, having lived in Houston and Dallas for several years, and seeing this in both places, it’s not going to be easy to convince me this wasn’t my experience.

Man i wish i was going. I went yo UK's gane last week which is 6 hours from me. Just canf make it. I actually really like Aggie Football and root for them when UK isnt playing.

Ive been to georgia, LSU, Auburn, Alabama, etc. The aggies are better than all of them in terms of uniqueness. Have fun to anyone traveling there. If its your first time youre in for a treat.

But UK is gonna lay waste so my fellow aggies, I like you guys but RIP.

I don’t think that you can disagree with my experience, since it’s my experience.

I will agree that the SEC move was huge for A&M, and I can understand why the Texas powers that be wouldn’t want it to happen.

Nonetheless, while the Aggies are cult-like and feel an intense need to identify themselves as Aggies, the Texas people seem pretty content without signaling who they are as soon as they walk in the room.

Again, having lived in Houston and Dallas for several years, and seeing this in both places, it’s not going to be easy to convince me this wasn’t my experience.

I wouldnt try to convince you of that. How long ago was it? Maybe it was because at the time the aggies were seen as little brother and were proud of who they were and wanted people to know it? It happens.

Texas is an arrogant base. The worst when you consider how overrated they are

When I'm in Texas, it's Cowboy fans I cannot stand. Another overrated football franchise that thinks they're the Patriots.

Aggie fans were always cool to me. Ghey just get sick of Texas fans trying to keep them on little brother status which, it's now the opposite.

I wouldnt try to convince you of that. How long ago was it? Maybe it was because at the time the aggies were seen as little brother and were proud of who they were and wanted people to know it? It happens.

Texas is an arrogant base. The worst when you consider how overrated they are

When I'm in Texas, it's Cowboy fans I cannot stand. Another overrated football franchise that thinks they're the Patriots.

Aggie fans were always cool to me. Ghey just get sick of Texas fans trying to keep them on little brother status which, it's now the opposite.

I lived there most of the prior decade and the beginning of this one and was there for the beginning of Aggies-SEC.

Keep in mind, this is over a century of history versus a few years since A&M joined the conference.

We will see what the future holds, but including whether or not A&M ever wins an SEC crown.

I lived there most of the prior decade and the beginning of this one and was there for the beginning of Aggies-SEC.

Keep in mind, this is over a century of history versus a few years since A&M joined the conference.

We will see what the future holds, but including whether or not A&M ever wins an SEC crown.

I think ATM will win the SEC. Missouri won the SEC one year. They are the flagship program of Texas, it will happen but Saban is a beast. It's hard right now.

Tell me you're not a Cowboys fan?

Again, aTm had a hissy fit about the Longhorn network, and ran to the SEC to “stick it” to big brother.
You're actually almost funny. :)

It was simply a matter of $$$$ tu had an exclusive which denied others to get. So A&M saw the opportunity. You may be too limited in your view on things but many other people in the SEC are quite aware that when A&M and Mizzu cam to the SEC, the contract that then got renegotiated, pretty much doubled the TV revenue for every school in the SEC. And it was tremendously more profitable then the best case scenario in the Big12 -4+2. If you think that is incorrect, simply look at the University with the most total revenue and largest profit.

Last edited:
I always found the Texas people to be more like UK people.

You REALLY need to watch what you say...lol some of the UK fans may take serious offense to that comment. I hold your fans in much higher esteem. All you need to do is go to the tu Rivals board and you will see what I mean.

Just for Clarification, A&M is not only the largest University in Texas, but it is also the largest in the US A&M was also the First University in Texas.

And just to dispel old wives tails, tu had a marked advantage against A&M until A&M went to open enrollment and the NCAA instituted scholarship limits. (A&M used to be military male students only) Since that time frame the series is virtually even. And finally, everyone has the mistaken memory of tu prowess in football, their last 8 years they are 53-48, hardly a football power

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT