ADVERTISEMENT

Are we going to get Bona - or not ?

I have been a fan for over 57 years, but last year ended the eternal optimism
I used to live & breath UK basketball. I would listen to all of the call in shows
watch all of the coaches shows. Maybe it is old age setting in or the continual
double talk that started with Pitino & is even worse with Cal. Last season was a disgrace
both on and off the court. The talk of renaming Rupp Arena, the kneeling, the grade school
level performance was a final straw. All Cal cares about is getting kids to the NBA. That is what
they play for, not the University of Kentucky. The annual Pro Day crap is a prime example.
These kids now see money signs instead of team chemistry.

And it continues so far this year. The hiring of Antiqua & Chin were supposed to solve the recruiting
problems. Great, they have landed 3 guards, but no inside help. IF Bona truly wanted to commit
earlier & Cal wouldn't let him, because he was chasing Lively.......what a STUPID decision. They would
have played different positions. Why not take the sure thing? Most everyone said that Lively was
a Duke lean. Now apparently Bona is headed to UCLA. Another big whiff by Cal.

He promises a changed offense & defense this year. He may change for the early cup cake games, but not for the "real" games. He will go back to his old boring style. He has no offense and no defense, much like past UK football teams
Stopped reading after the 57 year part. A post has never started that way and been worth anything

Now if Nov is in play now as far as commitment. This might make a connection to wallace timeline... And of course what we heard on the other big commitment timeline. I'm on edge here. I don't think we have lost him. Just have not got him. Something got to give! Non of it makes sense much. Definitely a 5O/50 or close.

Hopefully some others will follow and switch to UK. The guy had to of heard something to make him choose Kentucky.

Reactions: crxohio
3 CBalls for UCLA now - London (switched), Bossi, and Meyer. Not trending in the right direction.

I hope UK was pretending with dad on Bona--"feel really good?"

Nope. Duren wanted to be THE man, the headliner, the show stopper. Don't you find it kind of ironic he started changing his tune when UK signed a loaded class? He knew that he was not going to get ALL the touches.

So if you are Cal, you tell Lively "Sorry bud, I can't recruit you, it might piss off another recruit"? See how dumb that sounds? You recruit the best and sign whoever will sign. Yes he did want Lively as option 1, Bona was 1A. (and he is STILL in play so you are bitching and he hasn't even turned us away) Name me one school who has a shot at signing one or both and them NOT recruit Lively. "Ran Kofi Off", most definitely not, when we signed the guys we signed, Kofi became a very bad fit for what UK / Cal wants to do, play a more of a modern, 4 out 1 in system. He became a square peg for a round hole. It doesn't mean Kofi isn't good enough to play at UK, but scheme wise, he just wasn't a great fit. not to mention Kofi wanted to come to UK to get more exposure and thought he would be able to use the UK stage for his personal try out for the NBA. Even a few players voiced their opinion of passing on him. Some of you just are never satisfied, there is always that ONE guy Cal should of, could of signed. Are you seriously going to question the man after this class we have signed, and not done signing yet? It has a chance to be one of the best classes EVER, not just at UK. Relax, go read a book, or join a La La land fantasy world basketball forum where you get the top 2 players at every position, just because YOU want it to happen. Wake up Alice, this is the real world, a lot of these kids do not want to share the spotlight. If it was easy to sign all top guys, then "top class singed ever" would not be a thing, it would be a every year thing. It is rare to sign 4/5 top 15 players, signing 6 top 10 just doesn't happen in the real world.
He wants to be the man and the show stopper yet he went to a team with Emoni Bates? Which team would he have a better chance of shining - at Kentucky with no top 10 recruits or at Memphis playing alongside a kid who was dubbed the best high school player in the nation regardless of class as a 10th grader?

It looked like we lost out on Knox and Murray right up until they picked UK, so can't give up all hope, but I'm guessing it's UCLA.

After Bona you gotta go down the list a good bit to even find an uncommitted center for 2022. Long time and alot can happen in a year.

Hopeful with a backup plan. Typically only speaks in tongue when we loose a recruit. Bona to ucla looking like concrete now lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT