ADVERTISEMENT

Official "Dumb Things John Calipari Says" Thread.

CUJO_1970

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2013
EARNED NOT GIVEN
I'll start with a few whoppers. Let's see what you have:

(On the 2010 draft) “The biggest day in the history of Kentucky’s program.”
– John Calipari (June, 2010)

"Last year we started the season with a goal," Calipari said. "You may think it was to win a national title or win all the games, [but] it was to get eight players drafted.
-John Calipari

"I've always said I have more money than I can spend, than my children can spend."
-John Calipari

"Can I say this in a humble way - I don't need the money. If I stop coaching today at Kentucky, my toes are up, and I'm eating Cheetos, and I'm fine."
-John Calipari

"The team had won a total of just two NCAA tournament games in the previous four seasons…that's not supposed to happen in Lexington."
– John Calipari

"It doesn't matter who starts"
-John Calipari

"In a normal season, the sixth man always seems to get the most minutes on my team."
-John Calipari

"This team is built for March"
-John Calipari

"You know the only tournament that matters to me. After this weekend. That tournament"
-John Calipari

"If you win the conference tournament, it doesn't mean anything."
-John Calipari

"I'm not a big proponent of the league tournament."
-John Calipari

"We got a lot of people that traveled, spent money. This is their opportunity to watch this team. But this tournament for us was about seed. You got to win and you got to advance to improve your seed"
-John Calipari

Let's hear some of your favorites :)

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: catben and CROCAT
"The opportunity to coach Kerry Kittles I wouldn't give up for anything."

"What I've always tried to do is undersell and overdeliver."

Reactions: CUJO_1970
"We win or learn" - apparently the "learning' was actually just LOSING because we continued to play the SAME way after 9 losses!!!

"I can't hide you"- but I will HIDE any time we under perform and lose!!! I will send one of my poor assistant coaches out to take the heat while I go home to watch Ice Road Truckers!!!

"It's hard here"- unless you're one of Cal's favorites and you get to start and play more over other players that are better but didn't come in with a higher ranking!!

"We are young"- that's because YOU choose to create a roster full of Freshmen!!!

"We are built for March"- the problem was it was to "March" back home after the first round of BOTH tournaments!!!!

I am just SOOOOOOO SICK AND TIRED of Cal's BS!!!!!

"You are NOT a fan if you say this team must win X amount of games in the tournament".- after this crackpot stated after EVERY loss that "All that matters is March"!!!! So who placed the "PRESSURE" on HIS team???!!!!! YOU did Cal!!!!! And those Freshmen played like the weight of the world was on them!!! That was SQUARELY ON YOU Cal!!!!

"Big Blue Nation, breathe. Relax. Calm down. Enjoy the championship. I just talked to Mike DeCourcy and Andy Katz and they asked me if I was going to jump to the NBA. What?! We just won the championship a day and a half ago. The only three things I’m trying to decide on is when I’m going to go see a few recruits, how I’m going to get through all these voicemails and when do I get a chance to get some sleep. But for those of you that need to hear it again, let me repeat what I told Andy and Mike: I’m not going anywhere. I have the best job in the country. Why would I leave after we’ve just won a national title? We’re trying to catch UCLA, folks. I’ve got more money than I’m ever going to need or my family can spend, so I don’t have to make a decision based on finances. Let me assure you that you will see me at NBA games this summer … to watch our former players. I’m not going to give up my lifestyle based on a few rumors, and I will continue to go to NBA games to see my family, friends and former players. I’m even going to a game tonight. But relax, Big Blue Nation. Sit back and enjoy this special time. We’ve waited 14 years for this, so let’s not let anyone ruin this for us. No one’s stealing my joy or my players’ joy. Don’t let them steal yours."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT