ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone see us winning the Alabama game?

I don't even think it matters at this point we're pretty much locked into a 7-10 seed. If we win our first game we're gonna be playing a big boy in the 2nd round.
if you are a 7-10 seed, pretty much every team you face is a big boy

Reactions: NociHTTP
After sleeping on it I'd like to change my answer from "yes" to I don't know and I'm not sure I care anymore.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Fat chance. Ten losses coming soon.
We better learn to guard the three real quick if not going to be a long night and by the way cal still doesn't know why his team can't win at home and does on the road oh wait we don't win on the road either
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Reactions: TM2013 and NociHTTP
On paper no and don't feel very lucky with this group. Probably used that up at Auburn.

DID not watch again last night, will not watch Bama. will watch highlights if we win. Best thing for me today is I have not seen or listened to one thing about the game. I see the headlines of the game here. I posted here. But have not read anyone or anything.

We will probably play good for 25 to 30 minutes and lose it late. We will win 2 next week maybe and then lose 2 more.

We will lose first SEC tourney game and 2nd NCAA game.

Almost like last year. I will watch the tourney games like I did last year. I will not watch the remainder of the season live. Just like last year.

DID not watch again last night, will not watch Bama. will watch highlights if we win. Best thing for me today is I have not seen or listened to one thing about the game. I see the headlines of the game here. I posted here. But have not read anyone or anything.

We will probably play good for 25 to 30 minutes and lose it late. We will win 2 next week maybe and then lose 2 more.

We will lose first SEC tourney game and 2nd NCAA game.

Almost like last year. I will watch the tourney games like I did last year. I will not watch the remainder of the season live. Just like last year.
Certainly your choice. I don't watch only when times are good. I'm all-in, all the time. I won't stay up late anymore, though. It's much easier to DVR the second half and get up the next morning and FF through halftime and then all the commericals. You can watch from the end of the first half til the end of the game in 30 or 35 minutes that way instead of an hour or longer. I'll stay up late for tournament games, though.

We needed a Top 4 seed to avoid playing an at-large in Round 1, and that just went out the window in Baton Rouge last night.

I guess it doesn’t matter, if we can’t beat an 8/9/10 seed we aren’t doing squat anyway.

Nope. Post-2017 Cal seems to get handed two golden tickets each season. One for an early upset victory and one for a late upset victory.

UNC and Auburn are both in the rearview mirror.

Cal’s shooting blanks from here on out.

Reactions: TM2013
We needed a Top 4 seed to avoid playing an at-large in Round 1, and that just went out the window in Baton Rouge last night.

I guess it doesn’t matter, if we can’t beat an 8/9/10 seed we aren’t doing squat anyway.
Isn’t out the window, but definitely slipping away. Win out and we’ll get it. Lose one and it’s a maybe.

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
Certainly your choice. I don't watch only when times are good. I'm all-in, all the time. I won't stay up late anymore, though. It's much easier to DVR the second half and get up the next morning and FF through halftime and then all the commericals. You can watch from the end of the first half til the end of the game in 30 or 35 minutes that way instead of an hour or longer. I'll stay up late for tournament games, though.
I do it for health reasons believe it or not. I have a condition where mental or physical stress gives me (for the lack of a better term, stroke like symptoms). I slur speech, I have issues with muscle movement and such. Had the issue since 2006 day after Christmas. It was really bad 2007-2010 with spells coming on every 2 to 5 minutes lasting for 30 seconds to 2 or 3 minutes. Was hard to work, was hard to enjoy things of any type. I started removing stress as much as possible and I still have spells a few times a day. If I watch something like UK (which I love) and care about way too much. So every year, I start out watching games, when they (which has been regular now far too much) play like they have I make the choice to stop watching, reading and such. If we lose a game, I will not do anything except post or maybe read the box score. If we win, i look for replay of game (no dvr). Or I watch highlights. Been doing it since the start of the sec season for the most part. If we start winning a few I check in on them.

Episodic Ataxia is what my issue is and they think i have a mutated gene from concussions I got from Football and from several head hits from car accident and a few falls on Ice and such.

Reactions: KyCatFan and TM2013
I do it for health reasons believe it or not. I have a condition where mental or physical stress gives me (for the lack of a better term, stroke like symptoms). I slur speech, I have issues with muscle movement and such. Had the issue since 2006 day after Christmas. It was really bad 2007-2010 with spells coming on every 2 to 5 minutes lasting for 30 seconds to 2 or 3 minutes. Was hard to work, was hard to enjoy things of any type. I started removing stress as much as possible and I still have spells a few times a day. If I watch something like UK (which I love) and care about way too much. So every year, I start out watching games, when they (which has been regular now far too much) play like they have I make the choice to stop watching, reading and such. If we lose a game, I will not do anything except post or maybe read the box score. If we win, i look for replay of game (no dvr). Or I watch highlights. Been doing it since the start of the sec season for the most part. If we start winning a few I check in on them.

Episodic Ataxia is what my issue is and they think i have a mutated gene from concussions I got from Football and from several head hits from car accident and a few falls on Ice and such.

Sorry to hear that. That makes sense. I know lots of people that can't watch games because of health reasons. Loving a team brings on a lot of stress, especially when they are losing. God bless.

Can we? Of course we can. Will we? IDK, I think it is about 50/50. Winning at Auburn tougher.

I mean if we want to be positive winning vs good teams helps seeding more than losing to meh teams hurts seeding.

Beating Auburn and losing to LSU >>> losing to Auburn but beating lsu.

Wins matter more. Take care of business at home vs Bama.

Well, the SEC suspended Wague for cocking the Florida player in the back of the head with a forearm. So, Oates is down a big man for our game. We'll see which one of our guys has a mystery Illness come game time.

Watched Bama Florida. First time I’ve seen the Tide. A lot of their offense runs thru their guards. That’s likely going to be a problem.

If they hit their threes it will be a long afternoon

you'd think this would help

Alabama forward Mohamed Wague has been suspended one game by the SEC office for this elbow to the head of Florida’s Alex Condon on Wednesday night. Wague will miss the 13th-ranked Tide’s game Saturday at No. 17 Kentucky.

The fatalism on this board. I've been watching this sh*t regularly for about 65 years, and it's just very competitive due to the revenue it brings in, NIL, coaching, one and done, etc. The bizarre world of Cal rotation combos frustrates me to couch destroying but...we're still. pretty damn good. I'll take Reed, Antonio, and Rob over any three payers from any other team).

We win tomorrow, (I'm guessing by five but could be more in front of a frenzied sellout crowd) we win a close one at Mississippi State and then beat Arkansas and Vandy by 15 to 20 plus. Tennessee might not go our away down there, so I can see six losses in conference. I won't think about the SEC or NCAA Tournaments just yet because it's too early..

Right now, not looking good. ESPN says AL has a 62% chance to win. We can't guard a three to save our life, they are rougher and many say that their coach is a far superior coach than Cal. If a coach is going to be the difference in 14 points it will be tough. Think AL starts and plays their best players also. So we probably get down 10 pretty early if that is the case.

Losing 4 out of 5 at Rupp seems not fathomable. I think we win tomorrow. We are due for a big home win.

Reactions: Smashcat
I think this will be an evenly played game with UK having the edge. Not enough moronic bettors will put $$$ on UK against Alabama, even at Rupp, and not enough moronic bettors will put $$$ on Alabama winning at Rupp… Prediction, UK by 4-6!

Can we win? Sure. Will we win? Have no idea. I suspect we will beat Bama, than lose to Miss State though.

you'd think this would help

Alabama forward Mohamed Wague has been suspended one game by the SEC office for this elbow to the head of Florida’s Alex Condon on Wednesday night. Wague will miss the 13th-ranked Tide’s game Saturday at No. 17 Kentucky.

He only plays about 10 minutes per game, so not a major deal for them unless there is foul trouble.

The fatalism on this board. I've been watching this sh*t regularly for about 65 years, and it's just very competitive due to the revenue it brings in, NIL, coaching, one and done, etc. The bizarre world of Cal rotation combos frustrates me to couch destroying but...we're still. pretty damn good. I'll take Reed, Antonio, and Rob over any three payers from any other team).

We win tomorrow, (I'm guessing by five but could be more in front of a frenzied sellout crowd) we win a close one at Mississippi State and then beat Arkansas and Vandy by 15 to 20 plus. Tennessee might not go our away down there, so I can see six losses in conference. I won't think about the SEC or NCAA Tournaments just yet because it's too early..
But Cal is not playing Rob and Reed enough minutes. If he had been doing that since say December, I think we'd be very good. Could we be if he started doing it now, maybe. But we've seen nothing that proves he will except down the stretch of games when it's often times too late. DJ and Edwards need way less mins and Rob and Reed need them. This team has been hamstrung with too many mins going to players not producing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT