ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone see us winning the Alabama game?

No. I think Auburn was the exception rather than the rule.
Auburn was fool's gold with their poor shooting. Rare for an opponent to shoot that bad from 3 against us. I expect another South Carolina like beat down and 4 losses out of 5 at home.

I think the answer is that it really doesn't matter with this team. They can win if the shots are falling. Or they can no show and get blown out. One thing is for certain, Cal will make zero adjustments and won't change a bit.

If they win it, it won't change the eventual outcome for this group. They are gonna get bounced early in the SEC tournament and then lose a likely 5/12 matchup in the NCAA tourney.

• Haha
Reactions: OmahaCats
I think the answer is that it really doesn't matter with this team. They can win if the shots are falling. Or they can no show and get blown out. One thing is for certain, Cal will make zero adjustments and won't change a bit.

If they win it, it won't change the eventual outcome for this group. They are gonna get bounced early in the SEC tournament and then lose a likely 5/12 matchup in the NCAA tourney.
They won't be a 5 seed, sticking to my 7/8 seed prediction.

Alabama is a lot like Auburn in the sense they have a lot of mediocre, mid-major type talent players who have overachieved.

They've gamed the metrics a bit by running up scores whenever they get a chance. Have also won 3-4 games this year where they trailed 95% of the game and pulled it out at the end (at UGA and tonight vs FLA two most memorable examples).

Yes…I could see us winning that one but wouldn’t be surprised to loose 3/4or even ALL 4 of Miss State, Vandy, Arkansas and Tennessee. This team is streaky and incredibly unpredictable. They are a really likeable group, hate to see the repetitive disappointment this season. But hey…that statement of repetitive disappointment goes back to all of last year, the first round exit in 22, the post Covid disaster, the cancelled tournament, the failure against Auburn in the elite 8, the missed free throws against KSU, the rooferee and the buzzer beater, loosing to Indiana in the second round…failing to finish Wisconsin, falling short to UCONN twice, heading to the NIT to loose to Robert Morris, brick after brick against West Virginia….Evansville, UNCW…etc etc….one time we made the successful run…quite a few near misses that we should have finished something and then a tailspin towards mediocrity. I would love to have seen Cal win one and retire on top…but regardless we need a fresh look, we need a change in philosophy, and I understand the days of old are never coming back…NIL, transfer portal, g league, overtime elite..it’s all different.

Doesn't matter win or lose. We're not winning the SEC. Not getting a double bye. Not going to me a top 5 seed. Will be LUCKY to get to the sweet 16. One of the most talented teams we've had in a long while..and still can't do damn thing..thanks Cal. You fat bastard.
Bye!

I think they win, then turn around and lose at Miss St. UK basketball is one step forward, two or three backwards.

We won't win if Cal keeps giving the divas minutes they don't deserve.

Bradshaw shouldn't even be in the rotation at this point. Wagner should be relegated to about 10 minutes.

Reactions: ManitouDan
I honestly don’t give a shit if we win it or not. It won’t change anything. This team will still make an early exit and Cal will still be here next year.

Who knows. You never know with this bunch. Win a game you may not expect then turnaround and lose one you don't expect.

Honestly, no. But I didn’t think we’d beat Auburn either.

I just think Alabama’s offense will be too much.

Our offense has regressed the past few games with Cal going back to his beloved floppy/horns action, and our defense is still too inconsistent.

We can’t get into a track meet against Oats, even with this group.

Oats’ offense can shoot itself out of games at times, I think that’s our best bet.

Alabama is a lot like Auburn in the sense they have a lot of mediocre, mid-major type talent players who have overachieved.

They've gamed the metrics a bit by running up scores whenever they get a chance. Have also won 3-4 games this year where they trailed 95% of the game and pulled it out at the end (at UGA and tonight vs FLA two most memorable examples).
I would just call that a good college team, and it’s what I wish we had. I don’t particularly care about draft projections if the players are going to leave Kentucky before reaching their potential and without winning anything.

It will be a tough game to win. Bad matchups for us imo. Also Bama will jack 30-35 3s. Expect 15 to go down.

Losing to another football school? No thanks as I’ll probably sit one out.

We have two good wins on the year that were canceled out with two terrible losses. So we once again go to March with very little to show for it.

I'd rather beat LSU and then keep a close game with alabama......but no we keep a close game with LSU and will probably have an even harder time with alabama.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I don't even think it matters at this point we're pretty much locked into a 7-10 seed. If we win our first game we're gonna be playing a big boy in the 2nd round.

Reactions: TM2013 and NociHTTP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT