ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone see us winning the Alabama game?

Yes, I think we can win. We're playing at home and Bama can sometimes go cold. Florida almost beat them tonight, so it's not like they are invincible.

At this point we're just playing for a double bye the SEC Tournament so we don't have to play on Thursday.

Reactions: fbrent1972
I actually think we will, that is the M.O. of Cals teams lately. No consistency

It could happen, because we’re playing at home and college basketball can get pretty random. They’ll present a pretty tall challenge to our suspect defense though.

Any decent coach would have ripped his ass, and the other lazy dudes on this team, but not Cal.
Except for Reed and Reeves, the rest of our players have nearly a zero basketball IQ. The only thing needed to win the game was to just tip the ball away once the ball was lob towards the basket. Unfortunately, they stood and just watched the flight of the ball hoping that the game clock would run out. Dilly's 3 and the shot block was wasted.

Last edited:
It won't surprises me to see us win on Saturday. It also wouldn't surprise me if we beat UT in Knoxville either. It also wouldn't surprise me if we lose our first games in the SECT and NCAAT. The only thing that would surprise me is Cal consistently out coaching our opponents.

Reactions: ukwazoo
Time to bench DJ and bring Edwards off bench. Everyone has been saying this but the +/- for DJ and Bradshaw and Edwards must look much different than Reeves/Shep/Dilly

Honestly, does it even matter? Not boo hooing, but does it even matter anymore? What's the difference between a 7 or 9 seed or whatever? The Auburn win means nothing now.
Actually Auburn means even more now. Imagine if we had lost that one and this one. What happens is we now have to have the Auburn win to clean up a bad loss somewhere. Instead of allowing the Auburn win push us up the ladder.

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
Actually Auburn means even more now. Imagine if we had lost that one and this one. What happens is we now have to have the Auburn win to clean up a bad loss somewhere. Instead of allowing the Auburn win push us up the ladder.
You aren't completely wrong. But the fact remains that we aren't the team we hoped we finally had after the Auburn game. We're actually the team we were before the Auburn game.

in all seriousness, would it make a difference at this point?

I assume we're in the tournament. After this loss no point talking about seeding or matchups.

Does it matter if we are a 7 seed or a 9 seed? Other than Kansas passing us again which is a foregone conclusion with Calipari as coach, a loss to Bama is meaningless.

Last edited:
You aren't completely wrong. But the fact remains that we aren't the team we hoped we finally had after the Auburn game. We're actually the team we were before the Auburn game.
This has always been the team it is. They can beat anyone or lose to anyone on any given day. I think they have proved that. They are schizophrenic

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
Bama two strong suits,hitting 3s and shots at the rim, are our 2 weakest skills defense. Hard to see us winning,but if we ate hitting shots who knows

This team is like basketball Russian roulette. You literally don’t know if you’re gonna beat North Carolina or lose to North Carolina Wilmington. But eventually you’re gonna get that bullet
It honestly feels our teams have been like this for a few years now though. Playing up or down to the opponent's talent. We just can't seem to lock in and dictate our own game.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Doesn't matter win or lose. We're not winning the SEC. Not getting a double bye. Not going to me a top 5 seed. Will be LUCKY to get to the sweet 16. One of the most talented teams we've had in a long while..and still can't do damn thing..thanks Cal. You fat bastard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT