ADVERTISEMENT

Any word on how dickinsons visit went

Two things. Go ahead and be fooled for the 500th time with a cal recruit. HD still has nova to visit and KU by all accounts is the likely destination for him. They don’t already have two top tier 7 footers on their roster.

The second thing. HD is not an answer to our problems and cal knows it. This is the only part of coaching he enjoys is recruiting and time and time again cal takes these chances on kids who waste his time and never intended to go to UK

Two things. Go ahead and be fooled for the 500th time with a cal recruit. HD still has nova to visit and KU by all accounts is the likely destination for him. They don’t already have two top tier 7 footers on their roster.

The second thing. HD is not an answer to our problems and cal knows it. This is the only part of coaching he enjoys is recruiting and time and time again cal takes these chances on kids who waste his time and never intended to go to UK
Bradshaw will play the 4 and Ugo isn't ready to be a starter.

I agree on Dickinson probably going to Kansas, but bradshaw is going to be playing the four, and ugo is no where near ready to be the anchor for a high major team next year. Kentucky needs Dickinson or Oscar one or the other next year. And Oscar as of right now seems to be wanting to stay in the draft, so getting Dickinson is very important

This board will explode if we don't get Dickinson.
This board will explode if we get Dickinson, but Oscar is leaving.
This board will explode if we get Dickinson, and Oscar is staying.

It is safe to say that this board will be outraged all the time...and at every scenario.
Only things shuts the complaining is national championships thats what KY fans expect

I agree on Dickinson probably going to Kansas, but bradshaw is going to be playing the four, and ugo is no where near ready to be the anchor for a high major team next year. Kentucky needs Dickinson or Oscar one or the other next year. And Oscar as of right now seems to be wanting to stay in the draft, so getting Dickinson is very important

I agree we need some men on the roster. I want oscar back as option 1.

Bradshaw will play the 4 and Ugo isn't ready to be a starter.

We are Kentucky fans. We can say these things all day long. It doesn’t mean that recruits aren’t deterred. We live in this big blue bubble. Hell a month ago I proposed Bradshaw at the 4 and got raked over the coals. “He’s a 5. He will clog the lane etc”. I mean has anyone projected an accurate starting lineup this far in advance of our season? The projections people throw out there are always wrong.

Yeah we ain’t got no top tier centers either

Cisse is still out there. If players know that UK is looking for a center, then maybe they enter the portal too. The portal is open until May 11th and some guys may pull out of the draft, even Tshiebwe.

Personally, I think Nkamhoua would be a better fit, alongside Bradshaw, or even Livingston.
There are options still in the portal.Everything doesn't have to depend on Dick...inson.

Barrett is the one that sticks out to me for the rare visit where it was noted that it didn't go well. Wasn't the issue that Cal didn't really have a plan to tell him how he would be utilized or something? That's what I recall.
Yes. I remember getting word from friend that that OV didn't go well and Kentucky had 0 chance to land him. The weekend wasn't over but shared that on the board--and it wasn't received well initially and people thought it was made up.

Another awful OV was Lonnie Walker. But the culprit there was Walker was miserably sick and still came for the OV. Had no chance as he just wanted to get home (understandably)

Yes. I remember getting word from friend that that OV didn't go well and Kentucky had 0 chance to land him. The weekend wasn't over but shared that on the board--and it wasn't received well initially and people thought it was made up.

Another awful OV was Lonnie Walker. But the culprit there was Walker was miserably sick and still came for the OV. Had no chance as he just wanted to get home (understandably)
Why not just reschedule if you’re sick? Guess it makes sense for Barrett why Cal has so much trouble landing elite SF types.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Why not just reschedule if you’re sick? Guess it makes sense for Barrett why Cal has so much trouble landing elite SF types.
It didn't help that Barrett destroyed Cal's 19U team in that International Competition where Zion magically disappeared from the tryouts. Good old USA Basketball aka Duke pulling some strings.

I mean not getting Barrett was one thing....but knowing he was going to Duke when they had Cam Reddish locked up and then Lou King went to Oregon instead of Kentucky.

Was glad they didn't get Romeo Langford. He sucked.

He's really a must get now.Sounds like Oscar is gone and the other good bigs are committed.We can't have Ugo the starting center this season.
Two weeks ago there was a thread that had at least 4 pages that said if we lose Ugo it would be the worst thing ever because he is going to be the next coming. You people really need to make up your mind.

"I think he came to give it one more look before deciding between UK and KU... Oscar 100% plays into this decision. He won't decide either way until he gets more info. This is why I think he ends up at KU.. Oscar still has time before he gets his information back from the league correct?
Oscar is not getting drafted. He doesn't need more information from "the league". He can't shoot and you have to in order to play in the NBA if you are 6'9".

Two weeks ago there was a thread that had at least 4 pages that said if we lose Ugo it would be the worst thing ever because he is going to be the next coming. You people really need to make up your mind.
Ugo has potential but the guy couldn't even take Ware's mop up minutes.You honestly think he's ready to be the starting center this season?

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT