ADVERTISEMENT

Any Smoke Signals Yet?

If you kept up you would know Laniers agent told every team before a visit the fee is over a million . So you can actually do sone math if you kept up
thought it was said that UT's offer was the least of BYU, UK & UT.
didn't the post say something about 600,000

Reactions: Fox2monk
Lol, have you all not figured out this excuse is just a baked in lie for when we don't get a recruit we want,?

Allegedly, a lot of these dudes have been UKs to lose until they inevitably don't come to UK. Then the narrative immediately shifts to they wanted too much money. Although, the supposed narrative is also that we are flush with NIL cash after getting rid of Cal.
Every fanbase makes excuses when they whiff on a recruit, and every school is supposedly swimming in NIL.

I think we may be the worst about it.
I think that’s a stretch, but I get it since we’re all so engulfed in UK news. Next recruit we get, check out the opposing teams boards/social medias and see the craziness they will be saying about why the guy picked UK (or why they backed off, last second of course).

Let him go. He ain't worth the wait or that kind of money. Play Oweh at the 3 and get Poplar or a reclass or foreign addition this summer. We have multiple guys to rotate at the 2-3.

If reports are true let the Mormons have Jax for 2 mil. Give me Wooga for a quarter of that and try to add a reclass too or maybe a foreigner.

rocket power nicksplat GIF

Mitch running his mouth about all the NIL money pouring in after Pope was hired didn't help matters.
Mitch said we had $4 million committed, and then we added another $0.8 million from the fan base. That's $4.8 million.

Does anyone believe that the current roster cost us $3.8 million, assuming Mitch's numbers were correct and assuming Robinson wants at least $1 million?

Where the hell is the money at? We have a fan base of at least 5 million adults. If even 10% of those fans pony up and give an average of $20/each to the program's NIL fud, that's a surplus of $10 million a year in NIL.

Where the hell is the money?

I'm not saying we did get misfits but making it sound like they had big decisions to remove their names from the draft is a bit much.
I can agree. But some are making it out like we marginal players. It will depend on chemistry, but I think it could be way better than people think.

If we can get the team to read and react anywhere near what the BYU team did, we are gonna be ok.

We have the shooters and enough athleticism to be competitive most if not all.

I would love to see Robinson in this offense with this team around him. If not, we will still be OK.

If not, I will bring my blue goggles next year😁😁

If reports are true let the Mormons have Jax for 2 mil. Give me Wooga for a quarter of that and try to add a reclass too or maybe a foreigner.

rocket power nicksplat GIF
I highly doubt the reports. It sounds like a pre-packaged excuse. Suddenly, the Mormon billionaires care about BYU. Not the previous few years when Pope was there, and not even enough to counter-offer Kentucky when they went after Pope; but now.

Arkansas has billionaires lining up to keep guys like Davis from coming to Lexington.

Tennessee has their billionaires lining up to keep Lanier in Knoxville.

And now BYU, of all places, suddenly remembers to unleash their billionaires - not to counter offer Pope $6 million to stay in Utah, but to pay that extra money instead to a future G-League player, $500,000 more than the some of the best portal players will be making, mind you.

More excuses from Pilgrim and the Kentucky base.

I'm calling BS on it. They're just getting us ready for another potential letdown (and playing it both ways) but last week Pope was the "only coach" Robinson was talking to?

If Robinson goes to BYU, there would be no excuse; but it's not happening.

You don't lose a kid who stays at inferior school B who played for the coach who ends up at better school A, unless you're willing to acknowledge that school A isn't "it" anymore. Is that what we're really saying here, fans?

Horrible look if it happened, and Pilgrim and his "um" coalition are already creating a golden parachute excuse.

I'm not buying it. Robinson is going to Kentucky.

If Robinson goes to BYU, there is not excuse.

You don't lose a kid who stays at inferior school B who played for the coach who ends up at better school A, unless you're willing to acknowledge that school A isn't "it" anymore. Is that what we're really saying here, fans?

Horrible look if it happens, and Pilgrim and his "um" coalition are already creating a golden parachute excuse.
That is the Son of Saul I remember. I thought we lost you actually making sense the last couple of days😊

I won’t like it, but if we lose him to BYU I won’t be happy, but he is not the end all be all everyone is making him out to be. Chemistry is a very important part of every team and overpaying for a good but not great player won’t go over well within your own team, especially if you already had to appease Williams.

Get someone who wants to be here and fits within the framework of the team.

Robinson to BYU over UK and KU (et al) would be an odd turn of events. The Big 12 isn't a pushover conference, and no one knows how Young will work out there as head coach. At this point, we have to just wait it out and see how things develop.

I'd take Poplar in a heartbeat and run with him and Oweh at the 3. You could roll the dice with a Riley reclass or euro addition this summer and see what happens.

Robinson to BYU over UK and KU (et al) would be an odd turn of events. The Big 12 isn't a pushover conference, and no one knows how Young will work out there as head coach. At this point, we have to just wait it out and see how things develop.

I'd take Poplar in a heartbeat and run with him and Oweh at the 3. You could roll the dice with a Riley reclass or euro addition this summer and see what happens.
NIL has forever changed the landscape of college athletics. I fear, without a cap, it will simply come down to $$$. The power conferences will dominate. Within the power conferences, the big football schools, because of overall money in football, will start to dominate basketball.

They don’t need to be on any Top 100 draft list. None may play in the NBA. We want good college players that are greater than the sum of their parts. Duke had the Top 3 ranked players headed by Zion a few years ago but no title!
Yeah, I don’t think a draft list correlates all that well with best current players (if defined as most impact on winning college basketball games). A 1st or 2nd round draft pick could be one of the best college players, but could just as well be – and I think most often is – a player who is not as good currently as a number of others but is perceived as having more future upside potential. If you think about it, do NBA teams really need more “good” players (they've got a team full good players already), or are they drafting/gambling instead for players that might blow-up into super-stars?

You got burned and you have no comeback. You're a mental midget. Stop trying to match wits with people. You're unarmed.
ha ha. You are clearly not smart enough to form an opinion on me. You're funny though. Incompetent at what you're attempting to do, but gd hilarious.

I am not sure Poplar would be a popular pick for the 3. He is 6'4 and I know we will play a 3 guard offense at times, but not sure he is capable of guarding a typical 3 or really a comfortable position for his game.

I am not sure Poplar would be a popular pick for the 3. He is 6'4 and I know we will play a 3 guard offense at times, but not sure he is capable of guarding a typical 3 or really a comfortable position for his game.
Robinson is 6'5 so not much difference.

Always have the option that ccc never employed.....zone

ha ha. You are clearly not smart enough to form an opinion on me. You're funny though. Incompetent at what you're attempting to do, but gd hilarious.
What is clear is your lack of intelligence. And forming a decent come back. We all formed an opinion on you, and very quickly. You're a dullard. Sorry buddy.

At least you're finally coming to grips with your lack of intelligence and accepting it.
You're not clever enough to fool anyone. Everyone on this board can see your embarrassment, except, hilariously, for you. For me? I don't need this exchange so I won't respond to you again. This exchange speaks for itself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT