ADVERTISEMENT

Any Smoke Signals Yet?

Pilgrim is making a lot updates that don’t sound overall great for Kentucky. They sound like a return to BYU is a lot stronger than everybody is acting like
Well, I hate it. I really want him. I love his combination of offensive and defensive capability, as well as his familiarity to Pope. However, if he decides to stick with BYU, I can respect that. I hope Kentucky has a few who are as committed to the school as he in the future. I just hope he doesn’t go anywhere else.

If it comes to pass, next man up! We have 2 positions to fill. I never understood why Cal would leave scholarships unfilled. Take a flier on a dude with measurables or unique skill(shooting), especially if there is one in state who might stick around for 3-4 years.

After he’s been acting like our chances were great all along? Sounds like he’s looking for traffic, TBH I never listen to him though.
I wonder how much access do these guys really have to the coaching staff or are they just PI’s watching there every move(song😬) trying to read the way the wind is blowing from the the comings and going or emotions?

I wonder how much access do these guys really have to the coaching staff or are they just PI’s watching there every move(song😬) trying to read the way the wind is blowing from the the comings and going or emotions?
Honestly with as busy as the staff has been I don’t see how they have formed a relationship yet, I’m sure many times it’s managers and things who reveal stuff they hear to them too.

Reactions: NerlensCat
Honestly with as busy as the staff has been I don’t see how they have formed a relationship yet, I’m sure many times it’s managers and things who reveal stuff they hear to them too.
By the way, I loved Fox/Monk combo and team. I think it was the last team Cal coached that actually enjoyed playing together with great success. Fox is one of my favorite Cal era players. He was very well spoken and positive. I also loved his hard work on the defensive side of the ball!

Pilgrim is making a lot updates that don’t sound overall great for Kentucky. They sound like a return to BYU is a lot stronger than everybody is acting like
Pope leaves and all of a sudden BYU is a powerhouse recruiter. After all, they did reel in the international kid who is already being considered as a lottery pick in the draft and might get Jaxon too.

Reactions: anonymous_2011
dog smoking GIF

We had over a million to offer Lanier . That money is still in bank to be used . Pope would never not saved money for his boy Jaxson . It’s simple math which I guess you don’t get
You don't know that. You can't do math when you don't know what numbers to plug into the equation. No one knows what Lanier was offered but we do know we keep losing guys we want to teams with better rosters and most of us have been admitting in the past it's due to NIL. Then they collectively forget about it when it comes to the next recruit. I get that the truth is painful. I get that you are afraid to face reality. But I'm also proof that it can be done. And to be honest, it's much more pleasant to expect not to land these guys than to be disappointed time and time again.

We had over a million to offer Lanier . That money is still in bank to be used . Pope would never not saved money for his boy Jaxson . It’s simple math which I guess you don’t get
I think we need a means to keep the children under 16 off the board. Some really don’t get the idea that we aren’t going to just outspend other schools. You still have a thirteenth scholarship. Yes, we could go all in on Robinson and leave that thirteenth spot empty or find another in-state player who would take almost nothing to come. But, when you’re managing a budget, overspending now will kill you later.

Pope leaves and all of a sudden BYU is a powerhouse recruiter. After all, they did reel in the international kid who is already being considered as a lottery pick in the draft and might get Jaxon too.
Yes but that’s not popes fault. The reason byu is getting money now is because the owner of the jazz and the coach are really good friends

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
You don't know that. You can't do math when you don't know what numbers to plug into the equation. No one knows what Lanier was offered but we do know we keep losing guys we want to teams with better rosters and most of us have been admitting in the past it's due to NIL. Then they collectively forget about it when it comes to the next recruit. I get that the truth is painful. I get that you are afraid to face reality. But I'm also proof that it can be done. And to be honest, it's much more pleasant to expect not to land these guys than to be disappointed time and time again.
Took 13 years for this know-it-all to break 100 posts. I'm sure he's a for real Cat fan. Take your schooling everyone!

Do you piss in your own coffee in the morning to have something to bitch about.

It has to suck living in a constant state of negativity. How do you do it?

Took 13 years for this know-it-all to break 100 posts. I'm sure he's a for real Cat fan. Take your schooling everyone!
Speaking from someone who has been reading this board and Cat’s Pause before it for over 20 years but only recently started to post. Message count does not equate to wisdom. Experience and some education helps. But, regardless almost none of us have any real connections. Butter’s dad doesn’t need to have message count to see through grand predictions based on hope rather than actual knowledge.

A few of those popping up. Probably Cal disciples that all had names like Cal'sMyDude69, and now have to use their old lurker/troll accounts. And have to navigate pretending to be n actual Kentucky fan, and not a Cal fanboy.

Reactions: TM2013
If UK has the money you have to give it to him because he is all that's left right now.
I agree they have to try, but they don’t have to bend to that asking price. There is still Will Riley and poplar out there. Cedric coward, somebody else we are not even naming. 2 mill for Robinson is insanity if true.

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT