ADVERTISEMENT

Any Smoke Signals Yet?

Feb 12, 2013
Are we getting any smoke signals yet about Robinson’s decision or when/if he will make an announcement. I know he is probably waiting to see who drops out to make a decision. But, we are getting down to the wire here. Surely someone is hearing something?

No. We probably won’t get a decision until late tonight. If he comes back it’s a 3 team race between Kentucky/BYU/Kansas.

Reactions: Fox2monk
iu

Pilgrim just had a long update. From reading it Kentucky should go all in both Robinson and poplar instead of having Robinson 1 and take whoever commits first.

Pilgrim just had a long update. From reading it Kentucky should go all in both Robinson and poplar instead of having Robinson 1 and take whoever commits first.
I wonder if that is just him being more confident in what Robinson brings to the table or how it fits in the system vs the coaching staff making sure we don’t miss out on both.

That kind of reads as Pilgrim not being as confident on Robinson now.
I’ve been feeling for awhile that BYU is a bigger player than ppl are crediting.

They have their new shiny NBA connected coach, selling the Cal method “we are going to prioritize getting guys to the nba” nonsense.

Reports have said they have some big boosters that have decided to hop into the bidding war scene…that’s how they landed on Lanier’s final 3.

Robinson had Initially expressed concern with moving again for a single year and essentially said that’s why the NBA was priority 1 even if he could get an early 2nd round guarantee.

There is also the grass is greener effect of “I’ve learned and developed under Pope already, let’s get more well rounded and see what this guy coming from the NBA can teach me that’s I haven’t seen yet”

Seems like he’d be happy taking the BYU money, staying where he is already established, being “the guy” and focal point of that roster playing in the B12 so plenty of chances to showcase, with the new coach selling NBA dreams.

Not sure who this is but this is on X(twitter).
Bryson

@bakerbryson11
·
2h

BREAKING: NBA prospect and BYU guard Jaxson Robinson has told me that he will be keeping his name in the 2024 NBA draft.Robinson, who averaged 14 PTS for the Cougars last season, decided not to follow his former head coach, Mark Pope, to Kentucky.

Bryson

@bakerbryson11
·
2h

BREAKING: NBA prospect and BYU guard Jaxson Robinson has told me that he will be keeping his name in the 2024 NBA draft.Robinson, who averaged 14 PTS for the Cougars last season, decided not to follow his former head coach, Mark Pope, to Kentucky.
That’s a troll account

Bryson
@bakerbryson11
·
2h

I'd like to get Jax but won't be disappointed as long as we get Riley or some other popular player.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BlueSince92
Why would it take a few weeks? He is not in school and he really only needs to talk to the new BYU staff. It isn’t like he needs to see their campus. It will come down to who else is in the equation Ky, Al, Ar, etc. I would think he wants this decision to come pretty quick. There is a point where teams have filled their roster and the money dries up. Take a couple of visits and make a decision. Of course, I have a vested interest in him making the call quickly. I need to get back to work😊

• Haha
Pope: I can get the kid to drop the NBA draft and pay us a visit. It’ll take a few weeks.

Ulysses Everett McGill (Kentucky fan): A few weeks? That don’t do me no good.

Pope: Next school up, though, is BYU, and there's always Fop Poplar.

Ulysses Everett McGill (Kentucky fan): Hold on, I don’t want this other kid. I want Dapper Robinson.

Pope: I can't quite guarantee Dapper Robinson, I can only recommend Fop Poplar.

Ulysses Everett McGill(Kentucky fan): Well, I don’t want Fop Poplar, g*****n it! I’m a Dapper Robinson man!

Pope: Watch your language, young feller, this is a public NIL market. Now if you want Dapper Robinson, I can work on it for you, have him here on a visit in a few weeks.

Ulysses Everett McGill (Kentucky fan): Well, ain’t this place a geographical oddity. A few weeks from everywhere!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT