ADVERTISEMENT

Another Attack in United Kingdom

It may have deterred them. If they knew we were watching others, who knows?
Good grief. They hijacked planes and crashed them into buildings. Death wasn't a deterrent but looking out for other non-Saudi, non-Lebanese, non-Egyptian, and non-UAE's would have [eyeroll]

Since we're talking hypotheticals here...perhaps if you had offered them all blow jobs...that would have stopped them. Who knows?

Good grief. They hijacked planes and crashed them into buildings. Death wasn't a deterrent but looking out for other non-Saudi, non-Lebanese, non-Egyptian, and non-UAE's would have [eyeroll]

Since we're talking hypotheticals here...perhaps if you had offered them all blow jobs...that would have stopped them. Who knows?
You already used a hypothetical with your zero effect. You don't know what would happen.

Warrior was wrong. But I think you know SA wasn't on the list because it wasn't originally named by the Obama Admin and they were trying to pass the EO as quickly as possible.

I agree with you though, SA has been a major problem as far as people visiting and then returning to US with bad intentions.
Not wrong, these countries were targeted earlier by the Obama administrations as dangerous because of their terrorist ties. They were targeted for a reason.

Warrior was wrong. But I think you know SA wasn't on the list because it wasn't originally named by the Obama Admin and they were trying to pass the EO as quickly as possible.

I agree with you though, SA has been a major problem as far as people visiting and then returning to US with bad intentions.
And it wasn't on the list named by Obama for the same reason it won't appear on any future list. You don't recall Drumpf just bragging a couple of weeks ago about his $110 billion arms deal with the Saudis? That and then there's that black stuff they pump out of the ground that they sell to us.

Not wrong, these countries were targeted earlier by the Obama administrations as dangerous because of their terrorist ties. They were targeted for a reason.

The way you originally phrased it, yeah I'd say it was a misrepresentation.

They are terror hotbeds with no central govs.

And it wasn't on the list named by Obama for the same reason it won't appear on any future list. You don't recall Drumpf just bragging a couple of weeks ago about his $110 billion arms deal with the Saudis? That and then there's that black stuff they pump out of the ground that they sell to us.
Hopefully you have the same outrage towards Barack as you do "Drumpf" then.

I'd say hating a group of people for the actions of a small % of that group is a pretty hateful ideology in itself.
There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, 7 million in the US. What percentage of those people are terrorist?

Should we have hated Italians for the actions of those involved with the Italian Mafia?

OMG, wtf are you talking about. You want to compare Islamic terrorism to criminal gangs?
You have got to be a troll.

Hopefully you have the same outrage towards Barack as you do "Drumpf" then.
First of all, travel bans regardless of who institutes them will never have any meaningful effect on terrorism. Terrorist organizations don't need to travel when they can easily find willing accomplices already in place.

Obama instituted enhanced restrictions which are still in place against at the time of the EO, it was never a complete travel ban. Trump claimed that his ban was to be until they devised better screening plan. He's had 5 months in which he could have implemented enhanced screening...he's done nothing. He would rather fight and continue to appeal his EO than actually do something. That should say something to his supporters but it clearly doesn't. Sad.

Of course that isn't a lot different from his healthcare debacle. He is/was gung-ho on repealing Obamacare not because he had a "better plan"...he had no plan, but just so he could say that he did so. It doesn't matter if Trumpcare ends up being 99% Obamacare...which it will, it's just an ego trip.

My "outrage" is that Trump has no plan. Twitter is the perfect medium for him because 140 characters is about the extent of his knowledge or thought on any subject.

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
The way you originally phrased it, yeah I'd say it was a misrepresentation.

They are terror hotbeds with no central govs.
But that is not to say that they have not been involved themselves in terrorist acts. USS Cole, Somali Pirates (still terrorism) etc...

First of all, travel bans regardless of who institutes them will never have any meaningful effect on terrorism. Terrorist organizations don't need to travel when they can easily find willing accomplices already in place.

Obama instituted enhanced restrictions which are still in place against at the time of the EO, it was never a complete travel ban. Trump claimed that his ban was to be until they devised better screening plan. He's had 5 months in which he could have implemented enhanced screening...he's done nothing. He would rather fight and continue to appeal his EO than actually do something. That should say something to his supporters but it clearly doesn't. Sad.

Of course that isn't a lot different from his healthcare debacle. He is/was gung-ho on repealing Obamacare not because he had a "better plan"...he had no plan, but just so he could say that he did so. It doesn't matter if Trumpcare ends up being 99% Obamacare...which it will, it's just an ego trip.

My "outrage" is that Trump has no plan. Twitter is the perfect medium for him because 140 characters is about the extent of his knowledge or thought on any subject.

I don't agree with him often...but I agree with most of this fuzz post. At least for now I do. Trump should have had plans lined up and ready to go on both issues. He didn't.

On the other hand...Trump is just getting started. I will reserve final judgement on his presidency for at least a year or two. A stay of execution if you will.

9/11 pre-dates ISIS so within a discussion of ISIS inspired terrorism, 9/11 doesn't really fit that bill. 9/11 more inspired ISIS than the other way around.

LOL

"A discussion of ISIS inspired terrorism." If only there was some underlying common thread between 9/11 and ISIS. I can't for the life of me figure out what that would be.

But anyway, your statement about attackers being from the US was 100% incorrect.

And your argument that a travel ban won't matter, because terrorist organization will still use the internet, something that's heavily monitored by every alphabet soup organization in the US, to recruit people in the US is moronic at best.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
So Saudi Arabia isn't on that list?
More terrorist have come from Saudi Arabia and are funded through Saudi sources than anywhere else. The brand of Islam that inspires ISIS and the other radical Islamist comes from Saudi.
Wouldn't any real proactive measure start at the root of the problem?
So, your issue with the travel ban is that it is not extensive enough? Are you whining because it includes A, B, and C, but not D (Saudi Arabia)? Or are you suggesting that A, B, and C should be excluded from the ban, but not D?

No, what you are doing is being ingenuous, much like you are when make a bet that you won't pay. You don't want a ban in any shape, form, or fashion, and, in fact, you want more Muslims entering. And you have every right to that opinion. Just stop pretending that your real concern is that the ban doesn't include Saudi Arabia. You are against the ban, period.

The Center for Immigration Studies calculated the numbers of convicted terrorists from the Trump Seven:

— Somalia: 20

— Yemen: 19

— Iraq: 19

— Syria: 7

— Iran: 4

— Libya: 2

— Sudan: 1

The Center's director of policy studies, Jessica M. Vaughan, based her blockbuster report on a 2016 report from the Senate Judiciary Committee's Subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest, then chaired by new Attorney General Jeff Sessions, that report found that 380 out of 580 people convicted in terror cases since 9/11 were foreign-born.

She received further information on many in the report to conclude that 72 of those convicted of terrorism come from the seven nations targeted by Trump.

Don't just research the 7 countries on the internet because all you will get is CNN dominating the reporting. You must go further and I guarantee you that the government has more information than the average citizen has on these terrorist.

Last edited:
So your idea would be to permanently ban travel from this countries until the end of time? I mean it will be 20-30 years before those you stopped today will produce children that will commit these future crimes.
You're assuming that only their offspring will be comitting attacks.
With all due respect that's a pretty naive assumption.
I'd be totally fine with a permanent ban of individuals from countries
who were friendly towards terrorists etc.
This country has way too many problems as is. The last thing we need is to add thousands of people that very well could want to do us harm.
Can't we learn from Europes mistakes?

Last edited:
The thought of Isis taking their attacks to the internet is a laugher. Just like their religion being 400 years behind the major players, so too are their computer skills on a global level. For every Isis terrorist that just learned how to hack a WEP key another 100 kids in the U.S. just learned how to hack WPA2.

Those kids however.. that could be a problem.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/comprehensive-listing-of-terrorism-victims-in-israel#2016

Number of Fatalities
From the Oslo Accords (Sept. 1993) until September 2000 - nearly 300 Israelis were killed in attacks.

During the Palestinian Al-Aqsa Intifada (Sept. 2000 - Dec. 2005) another 1,100 Israelis were killed.

Since December 2005, Palestinian terrorist attacks have claimed at least another 203 Israeli lives.

According to data compiled by the Israeli Shin Bet Security Agency, 2015 was the deadliest year for terrorism since 2008. Twenty-eight people were killed in terror attacks on Israel during 2015: two foreigners, one Palestinian, three members of Israeli security services, and twenty-two civilians.

According to the data in the above link there have been six victims of terrorism in Israel so far in 2017 - fewer victims than on the London Bridge alone.

There were 16 victims in 2016.

As I stated, terrorism in Israel is relatively little - and that is with 20.7% of its population being Arabs who openly hate Israel.

Fear of the certain retaliation that would fall on themselves and their families, to me, is the only common sense logical explanation for this.

There is no winning of hearts and minds with Muslims - and Israel knows this. The West has not learned this yet but they will, possibly too late.

dang... you owned @fuzz77 / @rqarnold so hard that he didnt even try to reply

You're assuming that only their offspring will be omitting attacks.
With all due respect that's a pretty naive assumption.
I'd be totally fine with a permanent ban of individuals from countries
who were friendly towards terrorists etc.
This country has way too many problems as is. The last thing we need is to add thousands of people that very well could want to do us harm.
Can't we learn from Europes mistakes?

I am assuming nothing. I pointed out that recent attacks both here and in Europe have been perpetrated by "home grown" terrorist that born in the countries that they attacked. That was countered by; "It won't stop current terrorist but it may stop future attacks...".

So since Germany and Japan were one time unfriendly to the US, would you have supported a permanent ban on individuals from those countries? How about Italy for the Mafia that was imported?

We have about 7 million Muslims in this country. How many have done harm? There are many more million in Europe, most have migrated running from the very problems that plague their homeland. How many have done harm?

You are ready to punish a group because a tiny fraction of a percentage are bad apples.

Sorry dude, when you start down that road then you're destroying the very thing that makes America great and you allow the terrorist to win.

I've got news for you. You're more likely to be struck by lightning than killed by a terrorist. You're more likely to fall in your home hitting your head on a hard object and dying than being killed by a terrorist. You're 1000s of times more likely to be killed by someone close to you than killed by a terrorist.

I seriously doubt you personally know anyone who is Muslim which makes it easy for you to vilify a group. Perhaps if you made the effort to get to know a few you'd figure out that they aren't much different than you or me.

did the town dunce just say that terrorists dont need to travel in order to commit terror?

LO effing L
Context there fatty. We were discussing the travel ban. They don't need to travel from the middle east to commit terrorism here or in Europe.

Go eat another sandwich.

So since Germany and Japan were one time unfriendly to the US, would you have supported a permanent ban on individuals from those countries?.

That's a dumb strawman no one is arguing.

BUT

I can without a doubt say you would have supported locking Germans and Japanese in internment camps since that was the lefty policy du jour.

Context there fatty. We were discussing the travel ban. They don't need to travel from the middle east to commit terrorism here or in Europe.

Go eat another sandwich.

no you said the travel ban wouldnt really matter because terrorists dont have to travel to commit terror
at that point were no longer discussing europe. stop trying to move the goal posts. but i love you you replied to being the town dunce. lmfao

oh, btw just announce that at least one of the london terrorists entered country as a refugee with his parents. too bad UK doesnt have a Trump.

How's that worked out for Israel?

As has been stated by others...there is no deterrent to people who are willing to kill themselves in order to kill others.

You have the same mindset as those who think the answer to crime is throwing more people in prison. Treating people like animals will only result in those people acting like animals. Treating all Muslims like terrorist will only result in more Muslims willing to act like terrorist.

Throwing more people in prison has little similarity. The people we put in prisons, mostly American, at least value their lives. In fact, many would ascribe to something akin to, albeit remotely in some cases, traditional American values. Putting people in prison has as much to do with protecting society as it does punishing a criminal.
As for Israel, it seems they are the model for dealing with terrorist types. Keep in mind, they understand what many Americans refuse to accept: the muslim religion is evil; fraught with/founded on violence; and determined to eradicate anyone that does not accept that faith.
I do not discount the role of acting with the intent to make peace. However, that only works when the recipient knows the benefactor can act forcefully and decisively if necessary.
You are correct when you say we are fighting an ideology, not a government. In fact, it's an ideology that believes the more chaos they can cause, the more rapidly their "savior" will present himself.

I'd say hating a group of people for the actions of a small % of that group is a pretty hateful ideology in itself.
There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, 7 million in the US. What percentage of those people are terrorist?

Should we have hated Italians for the actions of those involved with the Italian Mafia?
The entire ideology is the antithesis of what America is and what most of us believe.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
I am assuming nothing. I pointed out that recent attacks both here and in Europe have been perpetrated by "home grown" terrorist that born in the countries that they attacked. That was countered by; "It won't stop current terrorist but it may stop future attacks...".

So since Germany and Japan were one time unfriendly to the US, would you have supported a permanent ban on individuals from those countries? How about Italy for the Mafia that was imported?

We have about 7 million Muslims in this country. How many have done harm? There are many more million in Europe, most have migrated running from the very problems that plague their homeland. How many have done harm?

You are ready to punish a group because a tiny fraction of a percentage are bad apples.

Sorry dude, when you start down that road then you're destroying the very thing that makes America great and you allow the terrorist to win.

I've got news for you. You're more likely to be struck by lightning than killed by a terrorist. You're more likely to fall in your home hitting your head on a hard object and dying than being killed by a terrorist. You're 1000s of times more likely to be killed by someone close to you than killed by a terrorist.

I seriously doubt you personally know anyone who is Muslim which makes it easy for you to vilify a group. Perhaps if you made the effort to get to know a few you'd figure out that they aren't much different than you or me.
Actually answered it by saying the ban couldnt stop past attacks simply cause those attacks happened in the past. Theres no way to say that a ban
couldn't help stop future attacks or limit potential terrorists from coming into this country.
Look, a ban isn't going to stop every potential threat, but its a heckuva lot better than sticking our heads in the sand like Europe has been doing for some time.

I've had good experiences with some muslims while others not so much, but for you to assume my positions only happen cause I don't know any, is actually kinda silly. Some of them are good, but again some are bad.
Permanent ban while they were unfriendly to us, yes sir, let someone else deal with their problems.... Why should we risk importing terrorists when we have nothing to gain and everything to lose?

Why don't you try explaining your lightning analogies to the families who have lost loved ones from these useless attacks?

Reactions: WildcatofNati

Look at you and your fake outrage. Obama sold weapons and trained ISIS. Literally Tulsi Gabbard, a democrat, had to submit a bill to congress to stop Obama from funding and training ISIS. You're not fooling me there guy.

The entire ideology is the antithesis of what America is and what most of us believe.
I'm not sure what "ideology" it is that you refer. Yes, we all hate ISIS and their actions including most Muslims. There is a reason ISIS has to use force to establish control in those areas where they have control. Most of the people ISIS have killed have been other Muslims.
I like you ram. We're usually able to have pretty good debates. But if you want to pin this on Islam and all Muslim and you believe that the actions of ISIS give ANYONE cause to hate on all Muslims then ignorance is the adjective that correctly describes those thoughts.

If it is just Islam itself about which you speak, I refer you to the 1st amendment to our Constitution. America isn't just about what you or most of us believe. We believe that all should feel free to practice what ever religion they choose. We believe in protecting the rights of the minority. And unless you're a hypocrite, you should support those ideas for all people regardless if they think like you or don't and regardless of where they live. We should unite in fighting against those who wish to suppress others from enjoying the same rights.

I'm not sure what "ideology" it is that you refer. Yes, we all hate ISIS and their actions including most Muslims. There is a reason ISIS has to use force to establish control in those areas where they have control. Most of the people ISIS have killed have been other Muslims.
I like you ram. We're usually able to have pretty good debates. But if you want to pin this on Islam and all Muslim and you believe that the actions of ISIS give ANYONE cause to hate on all Muslims then ignorance is the adjective that correctly describes those thoughts.

If it is just Islam itself about which you speak, I refer you to the 1st amendment to our Constitution. America isn't just about what you or most of us believe. We believe that all should feel free to practice what ever religion they choose. We believe in protecting the rights of the minority. And unless you're a hypocrite, you should support those ideas for all people regardless if they think like you or don't and regardless of where they live. We should unite in fighting against those who wish to suppress others from enjoying the same rights.

The people that framed the first ammendement assumed all people wanted that, and would willingly assimilate to American liberties. There's a HUGE portion of Islam, outside of ISIS that doesn't want that, thinks its evil and perverse. That is the ideology Ram is speaking of.
It's as if every nations culture is some delicate flower that must be protected, except cultures of the west, and if you try to defend them you're labeled a racist.

The control of the bloodshed is entirely in their hands, stop butchering people, and we'll leave you the hell alone. It's really that simple.

I've had good experiences with some muslims while others not so much, but for you to assume my positions only happen cause I don't know any, is actually kinda silly. Some of them are good, but again some are bad.
So how are those experiences different than ones you've had with non-Muslims?
Aren't there some good Christians and some bad ones as well?
Aren't there some good blacks and some bad ones?
Aren't there good and bad in every nationality, ethnic, religious and gender specific groups?
Do you paint all persons in those groups with the same brush?

And why don't you explain to families who have had loved ones die due to...
gun violence, alcohol related accidents, cigarettes/tobacco use...and endless list of preventable causes of death why each and every one of those causes shouldn't be banned or do more to prevent?

What constitutes "unfriendly to the US"?
At what level are we speaking? Because there are some in a country unfriendly? Because the government is unfriendly? What is the standard?
There are Iraqi citizens who put their lives and the lives on their families at risk to help the US.
Aren't we at least at some level responsible for many of the problems in the ME? The power vacuum we created when we overthrew Saddam allowed Al-Qaida and ISIS to flourish in the chaos.

Aren't there good and bad in every nationality, ethnic, religious and gender specific groups?

gun violence, alcohol related accidents, cigarettes/tobacco use...and endless list of preventable causes of death why each and every one of those causes shouldn't be banned or do more to prevent?

What constitutes "unfriendly to the US"?
At what level are we speaking? Because there are some in a country unfriendly? Because the government is unfriendly? What is the standard?
There are Iraqi citizens who put their lives and the lives on their families at risk to help the US.
Aren't we at least at some level responsible for many of the problems in the ME? The power vacuum we created when we overthrew Saddam allowed Al-Qaida and ISIS to flourish in the chaos.

You're gonna compare Islamic Jihad to cigarette smoking, and gun crime?

By this point you must agree that there's a large portion of Muslims that want to kill westerners, right?
If we know that, and we agree there's no way to separate good from bad, why not severely limit who we allow in for a time? A person that isn't a US citizen has absolutely no right to move to the US, none.

Fuzz, there are many different degrees of feelings toward others than just love or hate. Just because one distrusts Muslims does not mean one hates them. Most Westerners, I would assume, hate the bad parts of Islam and its practices.

Bad parts (just one of dozens)such as ...

- Infidels are worthy of death now if they do not submit to Allah (no waiting for a Judgment Day). Furthermore any Muslim is to be ready to be Allah's executioner.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx

Quran (47:3-4) - "Those who disbelieve follow falsehood, while those who believe follow the truth from their Lord... So, when you meet (fighting Jihad in Allah's Cause), those who disbelieve smite at their necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly (on them, i.e. take them as captives)... If it had been Allah's Will, He Himself could certainly have punished them (without you). But (He lets you fight), in order to test you, some with others. But those who are killed in the Way of Allah, He will never let their deeds be lost."

Considering the good and peaceful Muslims ...

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home).Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward "

Muslims, as opposed to a great many "cafeteria Christians", do not get to pick and choose which parts of the Quran they agree with or choose to obey. You're either all in with it when you are born into it or sign up or with them or you are eligible for severe punishment (eg floggings) up to and including death (eg stonings, thrown off roofs, beheadings). While you don't see this much in non-Muslim countries (it does happen though) it is definitely the rule in overwhelmingly Muslim-dominated countries.

I distrust anyone whose holy book that they worship (many would kill you if you burned one) teaches stuff like that. How can such people co-exist with people who do not believe the same?

Last edited:

Other than the fact islam is a false religion (IMO), my concern about members of the cult is the beliefs espoused by its leaders and its author contradict American beliefs. As for the 1st Ammendment, I am supportive of it, but islam refers to practitioners of other beliefs as "infidels" and is not only intolerant (the proper definition of the word), but is aggressively opposed to other religions. If a muslim moved into a Christian community that practiced Christianity as taught by The Christ, there would be peace, love, etc... If a Christian moved into a muslim territory and muslims acted in accord with the teachings of muhammed, there would be problems. Traditional American values like "all men are created equal"; honesty; freedom, etc... are not core principles of islam ie...In islam, it's okay to lie to advance the cause of islam. Most Americans, even non-Christians would say it's wrong to lie. Just one small example of how our values differ.
Something important to remember is this: me governments historically have been theocracies. Cultures of that area have accepted that. Our constitution was intentionally in a manner that did not allow for such a form of government. As a Christian, IMO, it would be ideal if our government operated according to Christian principles but I can accept the concept of freedom. That's not the case with islam. Pull out your koran and read. You will better understand my concerns.
I do not advocate hating ANY muslim or for that matter any atheist, satan worshipper, etc....however, while we are to love others, we don't have to leave our doors open at night so they can rob or harm us.
You seem to be a smart guy (though misguided :) ) . I would even allow that many terrorists that claim to be muslims have never picked up a koran. They join the cult for the same reasons our youth often join gangs. It gives them a sense of belonging. However, for many, I believe the religion that espouses violence gives them an excuse to vent frustrations, anger, etc....and feel justified for doing so.

Reactions: warrior-cat
There are good people and bad people in all walks of life. However, no one, not a soul has ever sinned/murdered/lied/etc... when acting in accord with the teachings of the Author of Christianity, Jesus Christ. On the other hand, a murdering muslim may, indeed, be acting in accord with the teachings of muhammed.

Un-f***-ing believable.

You are a human white flag.

I want to know the value in immigration of muslims into your country. From
Your country's perspective. Europe has doe. This shit to themselves. You know why they do t have these problems in Japan? No muslims. Know why there is t this problem in Iceland? No muslims. Their ideology is a plague. And I don't just mean the nut jobs. Yeah, we can say the same about christians and Jews but the reality there is even those who claim to believe it don't and certainly don't jump into suicide vests. You'd think the outrage over Fred phelps and his brain-effed church would lead to the conclusion that people would oppose those of similar views who aren't citizens from moving here. Nope. Nope. The very jokers who would be the first beheaded in a theoretical caliphate rush out to defend stupidity over some sort of sympathic, multicultural, blame-us-for-giving-them-plumbing-and-electricity guilt they don't even have the right to possess or inflict on their fellow man for shit they never did.

I can't fathom being a liberal and defending the immigration of women hating, gay killing, anti pluralistic, Iron Age imperialists into my tolerant country.

I need a Diet Coke and a Advil now.

I want to know the value in immigration of muslims into your country. From
Your country's perspective. Europe has doe. This shit to themselves. You know why they do t have these problems in Japan? No muslims. Know why there is t this problem in Iceland? No muslims. Their ideology is a plague. And I don't just mean the nut jobs. Yeah, we can say the same about christians and Jews but the reality there is even those who claim to believe it don't and certainly don't jump into suicide vests. You'd think the outrage over Fred phelps and his brain-effed church would lead to the conclusion that people would oppose those of similar views who aren't citizens from moving here. Nope. Nope. The very jokers who would be the first beheaded in a theoretical caliphate rush out to defend stupidity over some sort of sympathic, multicultural, blame-us-for-giving-them-plumbing-and-electricity guilt they don't even have the right to possess or inflict on their fellow man for shit they never did.

I can't fathom being a liberal and defending the immigration of women hating, gay killing, anti pluralistic, Iron Age imperialists into my tolerant country.

I need a Diet Coke and a Advil now.
:clap:

Ramadan-Bombathon-2017.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT