ADVERTISEMENT

Suit filed a year after 85-year-old Florida woman killed in alligator attack

With respect to alligators, and living near them; the obvious thing is to avoid those areas where they can sneak up on you. You want to be able to see that bastard first.

I wonder what their "forward momentum/strength is? I mean, they got strong legs, but if you had like a 10 foot long pike, that you could shove right down it's gullet, would you be able to get enough purchase to kill it, without it traveling up the length of the spear, or at least give you a good head start on running away.

I know this: I'd rather face three alligators, than one adult chimpanzee. You're not outrunning a chimpanzee, and when it catches you, he's bringing the mother of all ass-whippings. And that 10 foot stick isn't going to help AT ALL.

I'll bet a full-grown/adult chimpanzee could absolutely kick an alligators ass, six ways from Sunday.

A perfectly placed shot in the back of the neck is about all that will do. Shooting at them head on is just shooting at armor....unless you are packing some heavy hardware. I mean a 50 cal will light it up

rogue should draw her a treasure map, with the X on her anus, and tell her to start digging.

WTF? does she think this is the Spanish Main in 1680?

Tell that cvnt to kick rocks...

• Haha
Reactions: roguemocha
tribettmug1.jpg

Reactions: thabigbluenation
A low lying, hot, humid, bug infested, hurricane prone, modified swamp, where idiots treat an apex predator as a community pet, and there's warning signs everywhere to avoid litigation if you're eaten alive.

Should have just left the place to the Indians and mosquitoes.

Just kidding. Sounds like paradise.

Dear (insert cvnts name),

Ran across this, and I can only assume that this was what Dad was talking about. I didn't have it professionally assayed, but most coin shops can probably do that for a small fee.

(how great would it be, if that dumb bitch took a box of gold painted gravel to a coin shop?) LOL

• Haha
Bruuuuuuuhhhhh, I’ve teased her multiple times where she’s like “I know you have the records, GIVE US THE RECORDS!!! DO YOU HAVE THE RECORDS????!!!”

Maybe I do, maybe I don’t. 🤷‍♂️

She can’t access his records and without them she can’t prove anything and she thinks I’m going to provide her this information?

That is an actual idea I may do. Just a box of gold painted rocks. I really am going to do that with a note that just says $400K in gold.

Looked it up and it’s only #13.6, couldn’t be that much to mail…
That's gold Jerry! Gold!

rogue,

If you want to do it right, and I mean really right, I've got a great idea. Lemme know if you're interested and I'll drop you my email.

As a follow-up, I just read a much more extensive article, woman in question was a long time resident of the neighborhood, which in 37 years had never had a fatal accident with an alligator. The developer's representative basically stated the substance of an assumption of the risk defense, i.e., she was well aware of the hazards of waterways in Florida containing alligators. Further, there have only been 26 fatal incidents with alligators since 1948 in the state of Florida.

In short, I still like the the defendants case

There are a million retention ponds here. There's one in our backyard. You're 99% good but shit happens where some giant gators show up from all the development pushing them out from where they were.

Reactions: JDHoss
What about where it gets so cold you can literally die? Because I was in Kentucky the last two weeks and that was some bullshit ass weather, let me tell you.

I’d rather get eaten by a badass alligator than freeze to death on the side of the road like a hobo.
You and your swamp people can have Florida, me and the hillbilly hobos will keep Kentucky.

That’s child’s play. While I was guardian for my dementia riddled dad I had moved in with me, his wife from 13 or so years ago sued him through me for 400K of hidden gold money she claims he has and it’s up to us to prove he doesn’t have it somehow, it’s still going on.

Keep in mind, she and he have been remarried since then and she also waited till she heard he had dementia and had to face a guardian.

Now that’s a pieces of shit.

She texted me yesterday to “work out a settlement”.

I texted her back and said you’ll get something Lisa, you’ll get f*ck all. 😃
Just so I’m clear on this … his spouse is suing his guardian (let’s absorb that for a moment before proceeding ) to get access to what she claims exists (which she would naturally have information regarding but somehow doesn’t) yet knows nothing about the same beyond its potential existence? I’m going to go out on a limb and call her full of shit.

That is correct. She just throwing this out there 13 years later even admitting she was doing it last summer before the statute of limitations expired.

She is 100% making this up and her lawyer who’s a POS too is all in. Both want that free payday.

She and my brother sued me in 3 lawsuits for control/money. There were thrown out after $1000s in lawyer fees on my end.

As soon as I gave my aunt (dads sister) guardianship as I was moving back to Florida, they both turned around and filed the same lawsuits against my aunt but in WV this time so they get a second shot with a new judge. Real classy stuff.

It’s just a really shitty thing to do as a human and a Hail Mary to bleed some final dollars out of his hands before it’s too late.
Speaking of: I talked to Barry this morning

Another time we went to visit a park down there. Very interesting. As we were driving away, a gator stood up from where it had been lying and started to chase a family of picnickers. Gators are tall enough when they stand -- fully extend their legs -- so that you can easily see under them to what's on the other side. And they are very fast. Not horse fast, but fast enough for you to be glad of having a big head start to your car.
[roll]

I mean Disney couldn't prevent a kid from being dragged in and eaten at one of the resorts.

Don't get in or near water in Florida unless it's protected
I find it amazing that people even need to be TOLD this. Tourists I can sort of understand, but folks that have lived there for an extended period time, if they don't know this, well... Scrubbing the gene pool I guess.

The stories I have heard of both snake and gator encounters from my wife’s uncle who has worked on golf courses in SC and FL is enough to pay triple attention when playing golf in those areas of the country.

As a follow-up, I just read a much more extensive article, woman in question was a long time resident of the neighborhood, which in 37 years had never had a fatal accident with an alligator. The developer's representative basically stated the substance of an assumption of the risk defense, i.e., she was well aware of the hazards of waterways in Florida containing alligators. Further, there have only been 26 fatal incidents with alligators since 1948 in the state of Florida.

In short, I still like the the defendants case
If they can prove that the staff had been feeding them, they'll win the case. You have to be blindingly stupid to feed gators and not expect it to end badly. If you want to watch gators eat, take a trip to Everglades Holiday Park and leave that shit to the professionals.

There are a million retention ponds here. There's one in our backyard. You're 99% good but shit happens where some giant gators show up from all the development pushing them out from where they were.
I use Google Earth to find and fish those ponds, and most of them have multiple gators. There are a couple along the St Lucie/Martin County line where I go that I have counted as many as 13 at one time.

Reactions: catlanta33
This happened just up the road from us. While people absolutely need to understand that any body of water no matter how small here holds at least 1 gator, if the Spanish Lakes community HOA didn't have warning signs posted and they can prove that their staff had been feeding it, they'll probably win this suit.

I saw the video. They didn't show the part where the lady was drug into the pond/lake, but she really had no idea. Not sure why any community would need gators that big. Should be some kinda law after a certain size, with an entity coming out to inspect annually.

I saw the video. They didn't show the part where the lady was drug into the pond/lake, but she really had no idea. Not sure why any community would need gators that big. Should be some kinda law after a certain size, with an entity coming out to inspect annually.
I get what you’re saying but who’s going to inspect 1 million alligators in the one million small ponds in Florida?

If you travel somewhere I feel it’s up to you to learn what to expect, local customs, etc. I can’t just show up in Australia and start running around the bush and then sue people when I’m bit by a snake, spider, koala or whatever. That’s ridiculous. If she “really had no idea” well she really should’ve done some research.

You can’t get mad when you go to nature and then it natures. Not knowing is not an acceptable cause for being eaten and suing. I knew about alligators in the ponds in Kiawah island when i was six. She was older than six.

She was older than six.
At 85, she was probably mentally about 6. Probably thought that gator was a nice fur baby til it dragged her in the water and she was screaming for her life wondering why the cute labrador was tryin to give her a bath in its mouth.

The other common sense part of this story is don't walk your pet near a pond with alligators. A woman got killed in Hilton Head under almost identical circumstances, gator jumped out and got her dog, woman wouldn't let go, gator dragged them both into the pond, dog got out but she was killed.

Now, if the community forbade owners from walking anywhere other than a restricted path right next to a pond, her estate might have a better case, although I still would say someone should know not to do so. Hard to argue the community did something wrong when they have a 37 year history with the development with no prior incidents.

Now, if the community forbade owners from walking anywhere other than a restricted path right next to a pond, her estate might have a better case, although I still would say someone should know not to do so. Hard to argue the community did something wrong when they have a 37 year history with the development with no prior incidents.

I don't know if this community has sidewalks or not but she was apparently cited for walking her dog on the street before this. The other thing I'm wondering is the negligence because the community had named the gator from seeing it so much. If that wasn't called in to wildlife and was ignored then they may be liable.

Attorney Gary Lesser says Gloria Serge preferred walking her dog along the streets nearby, but for that, she received an eviction warning. The closest place to walk her dog was almost a mile away.

Gloria Serge's family is suing her retirement community after the 85-year-old was killed in an alligator attack while walking her dog in February 2023.(Source: Serge Family, WPTV via CNN)
“That left her with two choices. She can bring her dog to a dog walk area almost a mile away, which isn’t really feasible for an 85-year-old woman two to three times per day. Or she could walk her dog in the backyard of her home. Spanish Lakes made her be there,” Lesser said.

https://www.wsfa.com/2024/01/28/fam...illed-by-alligator-sues-retirement-community/

Reactions: Tskware
Speaking of: I talked to Barry this morning
I’d highly doubt it as he doesn’t talk to much of anyone from what my sources tell me. Have a couple people tailing him randomly and a gps tracker on his vehicles, contacted some friends at the Kremlin and I’ve been linked in to Sputnik to watch his movements in real time as well. I’ve also been cooperating with homeland security and CIA/spec ops.

My time reading the Terminal List & The Gray Man have really paid off lately.

I’d highly doubt it as he doesn’t talk to much of anyone from what my sources tell me. Have a couple people tailing him randomly and a gps tracker on his vehicles, contacted some friends at the Kremlin and I’ve been linked in to Sputnik to watch his movements in real time as well. I’ve also been cooperating with homeland security and CIA/spec ops.

My time reading the Terminal List & The Gray Man have really paid off lately.
Yep. Met him and daughter (to be hs Freshman). TBH I was shocked to see him. I figured sentencing was about to start.

Last edited:
Yep. Met him and daughter (to be hs Freshman). TBH I was shocked to see him. I figured sentencing was about to start.
He’s fired all his govt provided attorneys so he’s prolonging it as long as possible as far as I can tell. He says it’s a “misunderstanding”.

Well the news and govt have pics of you pushing against police lines and cell phone shows he was in restricted areas of the Capitol so I don’t think he’s talking his way out of this one. Obviously the only idiot without a mask on. There’s a reason the FBI nicknamed him the “Denim Dad” 🤦‍♂️, what a loser, can’t even get a cool pseudonym for himself which is par for the course.

It’s coming though, govt won’t let you stall forever and then hopefully he can’t continue to file lawsuits and paperwork. I’ve filed NOTHING and my court folder is literally 8” thick…

You should ask him what he does for work…

My nieces are amazing. Athena, the one you met, breezes through books in a day, knows at least 3 languages fluently and is smart as a whip. I can’t wait for her to be able to get away from him, she’s already starting to figure things out about him on her own.

@AIChatGPT I’m sure that’s a joke of some sort I didn’t get which is fine, but take it any further and you’ll wish you were walking with a hoodie instead of swinging with a noose! 😆

Stayed with my aunt in Port Charlotte and saw a gator by the side of the road by a really small pond. Was probably about a 5 or 6 footer. Pulled over to a parking lot next to it and got out and took a few pictures from probably 40' away. Being the type of person that I am, I had to get a little closer but stayed to it's side. Didn't get maybe 10' closer and it jetted into the water. Pretty cool seeing one kind of up close.

Went on an airboat ride and one came right up to the boat. Now that was a bit more intimidating. I'd imagine it could have gotten into the boat if it really wanted to. Also saw one of those alligator handlers at a show just sitting on the back of a huge gator. Now that dude was crazy. I maybe a little stupid, but I'm not that nuts.

Reactions: JDHoss
I will add a story about the dumb ass thing I did with a gator once ten or fifteen years ago.

Saw a really big one in a pond near the condo we were renting. Was sunning itself on a steep bank, next to the water, and the bank was steep, probably 8 or 10 feet high. So being really smart and really curious, I rode my bike to the parking lot next to the bank and walked quietly up to the edge so I could get a close look. But the gator saw me and it startled him, he leaped up and hauled ass into the water . . . SUPER fast. Way faster and WAY more agile than I expected for a gator that large.

It startled me too, and I took a couple of steps backward. It was only about ten seconds later that it occurred to me that if instead of jumping into the pond, that SOB had come up the bank after me with that kind of speed and agility, I would have been a dead man.

Never intentionally got close to one since then.

You know how the libs are freaking out cause they killed a murderer with Nitrogen? I suggest they just throw these guys into a gator pit.

I can’t remember what movie it was but I saw a movie where they dumped chicken fat on a guy and dropped him in the water so he’d talk before the gators could get him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT