ADVERTISEMENT

Amongst all the negativity, a big,positive big picture wise.

Texas A/M is a big time football school. We went into their house, took them to OT and gave them all they wanted. I'm not a fan of moral victories but 5 years ago we would have lost this one by 50 plus points or more. UK is a good team but expecting them to go undefeated this year is a little nuts. We lost on the road in the SEC to a very good team. I still like our chances of playing Georgia for the SEC East title.

90% of fans wrote an L in for this game anyway. Yeah it sucks to get so close and lose. And there were some bad decisions that might have changed the outcome. All these people being so negative and jumping on the coaches so much are just plain idiots. They live their lives so miserable. We could go to the playoffs and would still be complaining about the coaches and AD.

This game was frustrating because I think we were just as good as them and could have won. So, it really hurts to have not won. Still, it is impressive that we fought that hard and we played that well. As the season goes on, some past wins continue to look impressive rather than like they were wins against struggling opponents. Florida took down a top 5 team this weekend and Miss. State took down Auburn in convincing fashion. We beat both of those teams convincingly. USC also took down Missouri. So, yes, our success certainly does not look like a fluke.

This game was frustrating because I think we were just as good as them and could have won. So, it really hurts to have not won.

As good as our line has played against other big-time opponents, I felt we were not the best team, in the trenches, at A & M. How much that had to do with Drake and other factors, we'll never know, but they doubled us on production, and had a big advantage at half.

We caught/created a little luck to get to overtime, and caught no luck in officiating.

As good as our line has played against other big-time opponents, I felt we were not the best team, in the trenches, at A & M. How much that had to do with Drake and other factors, we'll never know, but they doubled us on production, and had a big advantage at half.

We caught/created a little luck to get to overtime, and caught no luck in officiating.

I think we never gave the line the chance. Tried to throw too much rather than playing to our strength.

We are good, nothing can take that away. We are a passing attack and fg kicking away from being great. Our passing game is going to be hit or miss, Wilson will look good one game and not the next. Fg kicking is a severe Achilles heel, our biggest weakness.

I think we never gave the line the chance. Tried to throw too much rather than playing to our strength.
For real. It was a game plan indicative of a lack of confidence in what we do best. In retrospect, running Benny 80% of the time would not have turned out any worse.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
We are good, nothing can take that away. We are a passing attack and fg kicking away from being great. Our passing game is going to be hit or miss, Wilson will look good one game and not the next. Fg kicking is a severe Achilles heel, our biggest weakness.
Wilson reminds me of 5-star Wenyan Gabriel an d Nick Richards freshman years. Both couldn’t run down the floor without tripping on their shoelaces. They were lost. How about Gabriel’s second year and how Richards looks this year? This is Terry’s first year and mixed results are expected. He will be a major SEC QB next year. Right now, he needs our and the team’s support.

Touchdown Terry looked like a deer in headlights all night at Kyle Field. This was our sixth game and the Aggies fifth. Besides being a bit banged up, defenses have figured out how slow our offense.

Going forward, we have to first torpedo the Commodores and not let up. We need a decisive win. Thereafter, we need to take care of business in Knoxville and Columbia, Mo. If Terry’s head is scrambled due to his College Station experience, the coaches will need to look at their options.

Our job as fans is to stand firmly behind this team and support them every step of the way.

Wilson reminds me of 5-star Wenyan Gabriel an d Nick Richards freshman years. Both couldn’t run down the floor without tripping on their shoelaces. They were lost. How about Gabriel’s second year and how Richards looks this year? This is Terry’s first year and mixed results are expected. He will be a major SEC QB next year. Right now, he needs our and the team’s support.

Touchdown Terry looked like a deer in headlights all night at Kyle Field. This was our sixth game and the Aggies fifth. Besides being a bit banged up, defenses have figured out how slow our offense.

Going forward, we have to first torpedo the Commodores and not let up. We need a decisive win. Thereafter, we need to take care of business in Knoxville and Columbia, Mo. If Terry’s head is scrambled due to his College Station experience, the coaches will need to look at their options.

Our job as fans is to stand firmly behind this team and support them every step of the way.
I agree that the fans should stop attacking players over a bad game and support instead. But people want an instant product complete without growing pains.

This has been my issue with the game. We never gave our offensive strength, the OL and Benny, the opportunity they had earned and deserved. And now it is on to the bye week and some much needed rest. GO CATS!!

This has been my issue with the game. We never gave our offensive strength, the OL and Benny, the opportunity they had earned and deserved. And now it is on to the bye week and some much needed rest. GO CATS!!
Gran knew the stats. A&M has been terrible at pass defense. So we planned to throw them a curveball and come out passing instead of running like we are known for. But then Wilson couldn’t complete even simple passes or get rid of the ball, so now we are sitting here wondering what might have happened had we played to our own strengths and run the ball.

Very frustrating.

Last edited:

We caught a lot of luck in officiating-----

all of it bad.

Gran knew the stats. A&M has been terrible at pass defense. So we planned to throw them a curveball and come out passing instead of running like we are known for. But then Wilson couldn’t complete even simple passes or get rid of the ball, so now we are sitting here wondering what might have happened had we played to our own strengths and run the ball.

Very frustrating.

Why change our winning formula in the first place and continuing when it was obvious that formula was not working?
I feel Snell was wasted not being able to do his job because of coaches decisions.
Our players did not lose, our coaches did.

We had a shot to win in a tough place to do so.We came up short in overtime.We have a week off to work on the things that we need to be better at doing(offensive production and getting more people involved in the offense)

We have Vandy coming up,get ready and serve notice that the second half of the season teams won't see this Kentucky team letting down or running out of gas.We are here to stay this year.If you think can beat us then go for it but it won't be easy and we won't beat ourselves.

Why change our winning formula in the first place and continuing when it was obvious that formula was not working?
I feel Snell was wasted not being able to do his job because of coaches decisions.
Our players did not lose, our coaches did.

I agree with all of this. What is hard to understand is why, after halftime, UK didn't come out and just commit to the run game again.

Reactions: UKCatnNC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT