ADVERTISEMENT

FSU to the BIG

Wouldn't mind at all seeing the NC schools left out of the conversation completely. FSU, Miami, Clemson and Va Tech always made the most sense anyway.

Remember the good ole days when I had to order games PPV on the old, old ‘ESPN Plus’ lineup of channels. One time I spent like $35 after taxes to watch us lose to Ohio!

Reactions: CalCat57
ACC sniffed out the play FSU was going to run and preemptive blitzed in North Carolina courts!!!

FSU was claiming the contract violated a Florida statue and was therefore unenforceable. The ACC says the jurisdiction for interpretation is N.C. Seems the ACC wanted to get out in front of that argument. Contracts typically identify what state’s law shall be used to interpret in the case of a breach or disagreement regarding enforceability of a clause. If not, conflicts laws as to contract formation would dictate and that is not always clear, as I recollect.

Way back in the day, FSU was an independent that could have ended up in pretty much any conference they wanted. They chose the ACC and benefited mightily from it. Bowden would play one major OOC game a year and then feast on a league that pretty much only worried about basketball. Glad to see those choices finally coming back to haunt them.

The Big 10 will have no interest in that team. Texas and Oklahoma went to that league before the SEC, and the Big 10 said no to Oklahoma. If they wouldn't take the Sooners/Longhorns combo, there is zero chance they take the Seminoles. However, this may open the door for Big 10 to get UNC, UVA and ultimately Notre Dame. They would need a 4th team, but most likely that would be either Miami, Ga Tech or Stanford.

I personally am looking forward to FSU getting trapped in a situation where they are paying out a ton of money, and then begging the Big 12 to take them in. Only seems fitting for possibly the biggest Diva in the sport.

Reactions: childe
Way back in the day, FSU was an independent that could have ended up in pretty much any conference they wanted. They chose the ACC and benefited mightily from it. Bowden would play one major OOC game a year and then feast on a league that pretty much only worried about basketball. Glad to see those choices finally coming back to haunt them.

The Big 10 will have no interest in that team. Texas and Oklahoma went to that league before the SEC, and the Big 10 said no to Oklahoma. If they wouldn't take the Sooners/Longhorns combo, there is zero chance they take the Seminoles. However, this may open the door for Big 10 to get UNC, UVA and ultimately Notre Dame. They would need a 4th team, but most likely that would be either Miami, Ga Tech or Stanford.

I personally am looking forward to FSU getting trapped in a situation where they are paying out a ton of money, and then begging the Big 12 to take them in. Only seems fitting for possibly the biggest Diva in the sport.
FSU wouldn't be suing the ACC if their only landing spot was the Big 12. According to an FSU insider the BIG is verry interested in FSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT