ADVERTISEMENT

All-Time NBA Draft Winner GoBigBlueFanGA

*runs to the podium*

Give me Tracy McGrady

@RunninRichie otc

Kobe-esque, just minus the playoff success. Sorry, had to 😜

Elvin Hayes

If you said Big E, I may have been confused and thought you meant the professional wrestler. Thanks for clarifying. Elvin was a beast.

Reggie Miller

Reggie was under consideration for my 4th round pick instead of Nash, but I wanted to get my PG situation cleared up. Also, give Spike Lee a courtside seat!

Kevin McHale

Repping the Celtics, I couldn't have picked a better power forward myself at this juncture!

Klay Thompson

Along with Reggie, I was also considering him instead of Nash. I was perhaps very stupidly thinking people might forget about Klay just because he's now been hurt for two years and I'd be able to get him in Round 5/6. So much for that! Nice pick.

This is what, in a way, makes it difficult to take anyone in their prime from the 90s era. It was the Bulls and then the Rockets back to back (94 & 95) when Jordan tried his hand at baseball.

I’ve often wondered how the Bulls would’ve fared against those Houston teams. They would’ve had a huge advantage with Olajuwon in the paint. They also had a damn good backcourt.

I believe that the Bulls would’ve won both times most likely. I also believe it would’ve been Jordan’s biggest challenge of any Finals series.

EDIT: Olajuwon was probably the best player in the league in 94 & 95. Most definitely the best big man. Crazy, because there were so many elite big men then.

You can say that about almost any era, though. Outside of Oscar, Wilt, Elgin Baylor and a few select others, who are you going to want from the 60s since the Celtics dominated? In the 80s, it was largely Celtics/Lakers with Philly at the start and Detroit at the end. 2000s was a lot of Lakers and Spurs with the Celtics sprinkled in towards the end of the decade and Pistons/Heat in the middle. 2010s was Kobe's last title and Dirk's first and only title to start, then the Heat took over when LeBron made 'The Decision', San Antonio was always in the mix and Golden State has been the dominant team that could have six titles in a row if not for injuries the one year and a suspension of a key player as well as the greatness of LeBron and his sidekick the other year.

It'd be really hard to pick against Michael, Scottie and that tremendously coached/Finals experienced Bulls squad, but Hakeem was someone they'd have had major problems with, so it's a good bet they'd have given the Bulls a very strong run. It's crazy to think that Hakeem went through Ewing in the 94 Finals, David Robinson in the 95 WCF, Shaq in the 95 Finals and also Karl Malone and Charles Barkley in back-to-back years.

You can say that about almost any era, though. Outside of Oscar, Wilt, Elgin Baylor and a few select others, who are you going to want from the 60s since the Celtics dominated? In the 80s, it was largely Celtics/Lakers with Philly at the start and Detroit at the end. 2000s was a lot of Lakers and Spurs with the Celtics sprinkled in towards the end of the decade and Pistons/Heat in the middle. 2010s was Kobe's last title and Dirk's first and only title to start, then the Heat took over when LeBron made 'The Decision', San Antonio was always in the mix and Golden State has been the dominant team that could have six titles in a row if not for injuries the one year and a suspension of a key player as well as the greatness of LeBron and his sidekick the other year.

It'd be really hard to pick against Michael, Scottie and that tremendously coached/Finals experienced Bulls squad, but Hakeem was someone they'd have had major problems with, so it's a good bet they'd have given the Bulls a very strong run. It's crazy to think that Hakeem went through Ewing in the 94 Finals, David Robinson in the 95 WCF, Shaq in the 95 Finals and also Karl Malone and Charles Barkley in back-to-back years.
Yeah. I actually thought about that afterwards. Almost every decade was dominated by one or two teams with another team kinda stealing one every once in awhile.

Just crazy that if Jordan hadn’t have retired in the 90s they very conceivably could’ve won eight straight titles. If they hasn’t broken the Bulls up, they probably win it in 1999.

Unbelievable how the Bulls dynasty just vanished seemingly overnight. Especially considering that all those guys still had more left in the tank.

Reactions: jrpross
Noticed the other day that you were from Ashland. I never knew that. I reckon I can just refer to you as, “neighbor”, from now on? 🤔

😆

EDIT: We used to party up Huntington a whole lot back in my wilder days. Wild might be stating it a little mildly. 😊

Same here 🤣. Gumby’s, 1896, Warehouse, Robbie’s (lol), etc. Gumby’s had $6 all you can drink Thursdays & we took full advantage of that deal, lol. I had/have some good friends from the county. Just found out the other day we’re getting a bourbon bar/grill in South Ashland if you can believe that.

• Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Andddd he was on my short list lol. Great pick. He had 5 straight years of 25+ per game and shot over 52% from the field during that span. Compare that to someone like Harden thst shoots in the low 40% to get his points. Extremely efficient and underrated player.

He could’ve been even better if he could’ve stayed away from the bottle. I love players like him who are great shooters & passers who really understand the game. Although, I never forgave him for eye gouging Kenny Walker, lol. But, those Run TMC Warriors teams with him & the 2 yet undrafted teammates were so fun to watch.

Reactions: drcats2013
Rick Barry

Hondo Havlicek, Russell/Hakeem is a great start for me to try containing them. Mr. Bling and 'The Dream' will see time at both the 4 and 5 for me. Need to see who my other 2/3 will be along with Hondo lol. But Rick the Prick Barry was a very nice value pick. And I say Rick the Prick not to diminish him as a player, but because he wasn't the most liked player in the world.

Dennis Rodman

Big Rodman fan, so I really like that pick. Was hoping I could maybe get him later for my bench. He's the exact opposite of most players, who just want to be the star and score a ton of points. Worm wanted to bang down low, grab all the boards he could and do the dirty work. It's funny how Rodman was genuinely very shy growing up. Before learning anything about him as anything other than the basketball player, I'd have never guessed Dennis Rodman of all people grew up being shy.

Chris Mullin

Nice. I think a lot of people underrate him a bit since they forget how good he was in his mid-to-late 20s at his peak.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Big Rodman fan, so I really like that pick. Was hoping I could maybe get him later for my bench. He's the exact opposite of most players, who just want to be the star and score a ton of points. Worm wanted to bang down low, grab all the boards he could and do the dirty work. It's funny how Rodman was genuinely very shy growing up. Before learning anything about him as anything other than the basketball player, I'd have never guessed Dennis Rodman of all people grew up being shy.
wasnt exactly a need for position but every team could afford to have a guy like Rodman. Wasnt sure how much a glue guy and workhouse like him would hang around

wasnt exactly a need for position but every team could afford to have a guy like Rodman. Wasnt sure how much a glue guy and workhouse like him would hang around

Absolutely agree. Rodman brought energy, toughness, defense and some of the best rebounding the NBA has ever seen. I wouldn't know how long he'd have lasted. I'd have probably been looking at him around the time my Round 7/8 picks came up, but you don't know how the other 10 would have valued him. Just gotta make sure to have the right teammates and coaching staff around him. The Detroit team at the beginning was perfect for him, and then Chicago had the coaching staff and Jordan/Pippen to keep him in line. With San Antonio and David Robinson, it just wasn't a fit.

Reactions: YaySports
It’s been over 4 hours so I’ll go. Give me Paul Pierce as my small forward and it may be a little early but give me the front runner for MVP Joel Embiid.
Embiid was on my short list. Dunno if its ever too early to draft someone you think fits, especially if you think they may not fall. You got a nice little 5 to start

It’s been over 4 hours so I’ll go. Give me Paul Pierce as my small forward and it may be a little early but give me the front runner for MVP Joel Embiid.

'The Truth' was on my short list. Very good pick. I strongly considered him in place of one of Hondo or Nash. Hondo may not have been a lights out shooter from deep, but he got a lot better after working on it, and I don't doubt that he'd have been at least a solid if not great three point shooter if the three ball had been around when he played. But because he's not known as a lights out shooter and I wanted to settle my point guard situation, I took Steve Nash thinking he wouldn't have lasted another two rounds worth of picks. Chris Paul was my target for point guard, but BigBlueFan sniped me just before it was my pick. Wasn't that happy about it for a couple minutes, but that's part of doing one of these things. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this mock whose had their pick swiped at some point in this draft lol

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
'The Truth' was on my short list. Very good pick. I strongly considered him in place of one of Hondo or Nash. Hondo may not have been a lights out shooter from deep, but he got a lot better after working on it, and I don't doubt that he'd have been at least a solid if not great three point shooter if the three ball had been around when he played. But because he's not known as a lights out shooter and I wanted to settle my point guard situation, I took Steve Nash thinking he wouldn't have lasted another two rounds worth of picks. Chris Paul was my target for point guard, but BigBlueFan sniped me just before it was my pick. Wasn't that happy about it for a couple minutes, but that's part of doing one of these things. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this mock whose had their pick swiped at some point in this draft lol

Nash wasn’t making it past me. I had him targeted in that round from the 2nd round on, thinking it was a safe bet he’d still be on the board. Great pick. A back to back MVP winner & elite shooter & passer who really knew how to run a team.

Nash wasn’t making it past me. I had him targeted in that round from the 2nd round on, thinking it was a safe bet he’d still be on the board. Great pick. A back to back MVP winner & elite shooter & passer who really knew how to run a team.

For sure. The Truth would have looked very good on my team next to Hondo Havlicek or even starting in front of Hondo along someone else since Hondo actually began his career as a sixth man, but obviously it wasn't meant to be. I'm not too displeased with Steve Nash aside from missing out on my first point guard target of Chris Paul. I could have gone Truth and Nash, but then I likely would have missed out on Hondo. Just one of those deals where I couldn't have my cake and eat it too lol

ADVERTISEMENT