ADVERTISEMENT

All-Time NBA Draft Winner GoBigBlueFanGA

He’s an absolute beast. Two titles with two teams as the lead player. Elite on both ends. IMO, he’s already a top 20 player to ever play the game. It’s a reach, but the man is unreal

Only thing not elite about Leonard is his decision making. Who decides to team up with Pandemic P as a Clipper. He should of stayed a Raptor (Would of repeated) or join up with Bron, AD in LA

Reactions: drcats2013
No more San Antonio Twin Towers. Very nice pick. The Admiral was a step behind Hakeem and Shaq, but I'd have him next on the list of the best 90s centers.

But Admiral may not be as far behind Shaq in that regard since Shaq peaked in the early 2000s with the Lakers.

DR is much more skilled offensively than Shaq, IMO. He could handle the ball & take bigs off the dribble, ran the floor as well as any big man, had a ton of post moves & was a good shooter from mid-range & in, including fade-aways & jump hooks. Still, Shaq was the more dominant player. But, he created space naturally with his size & brute force more than he relied on skill. He was good from like 8 ft in & had some nice moves, as well, & also a solid jump hook. I won’t argue that he’s the more impactful & dominant player but DR is better offensively, if that makes sense. He averaged 3 blocks/game for his career, too. So, they’re pretty close, IMO. No argument whatsoever regarding Hakeem. I agree & gave my opinion on him earlier. And, he consistently got the better of DR in H2H matchups. Only a cpl guys are on Hakeem’s level, IMO.

I will take Moses Malone.

Very nice pick as well. Once you got past the true best of the best with the more traditional bigs (Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, Hakeem, Russell and Duncan), Moses was as good an option as just about anyone.

Ill go with an MVP, assist champ, 3x scoring champ. Can play the 1 or 2 at an all time level. Ill take James Harden. @jrpross youre up

Although I don't care a ton for how he handled his exit from Houston, I can't deny the talent.
Definitely worthy of going in this spot.

Reactions: GoBigBlue712
DR is much more skilled offensively than Shaq, IMO. He could handle the ball & take bigs off the dribble, ran the floor as well as any big man, had a ton of post moves & was a good shooter from mid-range & in, including fade-aways & jump hooks. Still, Shaq was the more dominant player. But, he created space naturally with his size & brute force more than he relied on skill. He was good from like 8 ft in & had some nice moves, as well, & also a solid jump hook.

Oh I know what you're saying and agree to an extent. David had a more diversified offensive game than Shaq. He could take you out to the mid-range, which Shaq obviously couldn't do. And yeah, While yes, Shaq mostly relied on his brute strength, Shaq was a much better athlete than you'd expect for someone his size. He could pull off spin moves in the post and short fadeaway shots. They're not separated by as much as people think. I'd still take Shaq, but another tipping point in Robinson's favor is you never had to worry about taking him out of a close game a minute or two before the two minute mark of the fourth quarter like you might've had to do with Shaq since teams would often intentionally foul him and put him on the line. David was a solid foul shooter, so the Spurs never had to do that with him.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
13-time All-Star, eight-time All-NBA selection, three-time champion, three-time All-Defensive selection, one-time Finals MVP and one-time scoring champ.

Probably the best 2 guard of all-time not named Jordan or Kobe.

D-Wade

Nice job. About the only thing D-Wade didn't have in his arsenal was a consistent outside shot. And he showed in 2006 that he could be 'the guy' on a championship team before LeBron and another big star joined him in Miami.

Reactions: 420grover
Give me Mr. Knick, Patrick Ewing

Like that a lot. Ewing was the best recent big guy still available. Too bad for him that he could never lead the Knicks past Michael and the Bulls (which hurts his legacy a bit in some eyes), though nobody really accomplished that aside from Shaq with the Magic, and that was when Michael was still coming back from baseball.

Like that a lot. Ewing was the best recent big guy still available. Too bad for him that he could never lead the Knicks past Michael and the Bulls (which hurts his legacy a bit in some eyes), though nobody really accomplished that aside from Shaq with the Magic, and that was when Michael was still coming back from baseball.
There was a part of me that wanted to wait on Center, but he still being there as the last of the top tier centers, I had to make the pick.

There was a part of me that wanted to wait on Center, but he still being there as the last of the top tier centers, I had to make the pick.

Gotta do what you've gotta do. Especially when the two of us in the last couple of spots started our drafts with two big guys. For me, drafting Russell and Hakeem was as much about how the first 11 picks before mine went more than it was a plan of mine to take two bigs with those picks. Plus I chose to represent the Celtics, so it wouldn't have felt right to me to not take Russell.

Reactions: drcats2013
Gotta do what you've gotta do. Especially when the two of us in the last couple of spots started our drafts with two big guys. For me, drafting Russell and Hakeem was as much about how the first 11 picks before mine went more than it was a plan of mine to take two bigs with those picks. Plus I chose to represent the Celtics, so it wouldn't have felt right to me to not take Russell.
That’s exactly right. You two made it where it was slim pickings for the rest of us, and I wanted someone that could at least hold his own with those guys. Ewing and Malone in the front court for me is a fun duo.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
ADVERTISEMENT