ADVERTISEMENT

All-Time NBA Draft Winner GoBigBlueFanGA

Really? He’s got crazy athleticism but nobody in his lineup yet hit over 30% from 3 for their career. I think you’ve been watching Cal’s teams too long 😜
wade can be a closer. he would make some when they count. i’m not picking against mchale/shaq regardless. he also managed to get the dr in a good spot with dynamic as imo he’s usually hard to make work in these drafts. i like that. i could actually see that team working.

Welcome to another edition of Rupp Rafters All-Time NBA Draft. The objective is to draft a team that would win a best of 7 games vs. your opponent. 11 Rounds. 10 Players and 1 HC

Please note that Michael Jordan and Lebron James are not eligible to be drafted.

You will have 4 hours to make a pick. Dead Period is 11 PM - 7 AM

Draft Order

1. @WilmoreCat - Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Charles Barkley, Paul Pierce, Joel Embiid

2. @Cowtown Cat - Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Kawhi Leonard, Bob Cousy

3. @JHannibalSmith - Larry Bird, David Robinson, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Chris Mullin

4. @YaySports - Kevin Durant, Kevin Garnett, James Harden, Dennis Rodman

5. @jrpross - Magic Johnson, Jerry West, Dirk Nowitzki, Rick Barry

6. @GoBigBlue712 - Steph Curry, Elgin Baylor, Moses Malone, Klay Thompson

7. @420grover- Shaquille O'Neal, Julius Erving, Dwyane Wade, Kevin McHale

8. @drcats2013 - Oscar Robertson, Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller

9. @RunninRichie - John Stockton, George Gervin, George Mikan, Elvin Hayes

10. @DraftCat - Tim Duncan, Scottie Pippen, Dominique Wilkins, Tracy McGrady

11. @BigBlueFanGA - Wilt Chamberlain, Anthony Davis, Chris Paul, Ray Allen

12. @UKRuppster
- Bill Russell, Hakeem Olajuwon, John Havlicek, Steve Nash
UKRuppster in a rout.

Reactions: UKRuppster
I’ll take The Glove, Gary Payton. He was All-NBA AND on an All-Defense Team for 9 consecutive seasons from 1994-2002. Maybe the best defensive PG I’ve seen. He even gave MJ trouble. As much trouble as anyone could give him, anyway. He could score too, with 9 seasons averaging at least 20 PPG & two more at 19PPG. I hope I didn’t screw you again, @drcats2013. 😂 @YaySports OTC.

I’ll take The Glove, Gary Payton. He was All-NBA AND on an All-Defense Team for 9 consecutive seasons from 1994-2002. Maybe the best defensive PG I’ve seen. He even gave MJ trouble. As much trouble as anyone could give him, anyway. He could score too, with 9 seasons averaging at least 20 PPG & two more at 19PPG. I hope I didn’t screw you again, @drcats2013. 😂 @YaySports OTC.
Great pick. I already have my pg, but I did have the glove and another point down as an option for a 3 guard lineup if all the SF option I want are gone. Still really torn on my next pick

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Well you just made my decision a little bit easier. I was torn between Payton and the guy who im taking, Isiah Thomas. @jrpross on el clock

Great pick. I already have my pg, but I did have the glove and another point down as an option for a 3 guard lineup if all the SF option I want are gone. Still really torn on my next pick

I’m curious to see who you pick. There are a cpl guys who would be ideal fits for your team, IMO.

The Glove, Gary Payton

Definitely gave Glove some thought. I think he'd have been a very good fit for my team, but I wanted a deadeye shooter from deep, and aside from a couple seasons, GP wasn't a particularly great outside shooter.

Isiah Thomas

This may well have been my pick at point guard if the three point line was a non-factor. Like Payton, Zeke would fit very well with my toughness and defense, but I didn't want to give opposing defenses the benefit of just being able to pack the paint to dare my 1-3 guys to just shoot from deep.

Yea Isiah Thomas was a steal at this point in the draft.

Advanced metrics kind of like Kobe really do not due him justice.

Well you just made my decision a little bit easier. I was torn between Payton and the guy who im taking, Isiah Thomas. @jrpross on el clock

I was torn too & I wanted Isiah but he & Bird despised each other & I want this to be as realistic as possible so I went with GP to avoid chemistry bs. Ppl here know their shit & SOMEBODY would use that against me, 100%. Lol

This may well have been my pick at point guard if the three point line was a non-factor. Like Payton, Zeke would fit very well with my toughness and defense, but I didn't want to give opposing defenses the benefit of just being able to pack the paint to dare my 1-3 guys to just shoot from deep.
Getting a point like Thomas this late was too good to pass, especially bc of filling a need. Good thing about the 10 man roster also, can build enough shooters around... if someone doesnt draft em first lol

Getting a point like Thomas this late was too good to pass, especially bc of filling a need. Good thing about the 10 man roster also, can build enough shooters around... if someone doesnt draft em first lol

A little easier for you to take an Isiah who wasn't known for his outside shooting when you had Harden and Durant as well as KG who could knock em down from the mid-range. For me, Hakeem could knock em down from mid-range and Havlicek became a solid outside shooter after not being a factor in that regard early in his career, but I didn't have that guy opposing defenses would fear leaving wide open from deep. Nash does that for me.

Reactions: YaySports
A friend of Havlicek is a friend of mine!

I couldn't pass up pairing Hondo with Russell again. Winning, unselfish players who were lockdown defenders. Dude also had a motor that never stopped. There was never a moment where he was standing still on the court. And Russell called Hondo the best all-around player he's seen.

Reactions: VA/UK
Same here 🤣. Gumby’s, 1896, Warehouse, Robbie’s (lol), etc. Gumby’s had $6 all you can drink Thursdays & we took full advantage of that deal, lol. I had/have some good friends from the county. Just found out the other day we’re getting a bourbon bar/grill in South Ashland if you can believe that.
A little before my partying time. I’ve heard so many wild stories about each and every one of those places, though. Especially Robbie’s and 1896.

Ever go to Houston’s or Tubby’s in Ceredo? Those places were wild from what I hear! My Dad knocked a bouncer (Marshall lineman at the time) out cold at Tubby’s one night. Knocked about 15 of his teeth out. 🤣

• Haha
wade can be a closer. he would make some when they count. i’m not picking against mchale/shaq regardless. he also managed to get the dr in a good spot with dynamic as imo he’s usually hard to make work in these drafts. i like that. i could actually see that team working.
When it's time for the voting, you can be my mouthpiece.

A little before my partying time. I’ve heard so many wild stories about each and every one of those places, though. Especially Robbie’s and 1896.

Ever go to Houston’s or Tubby’s in Ceredo? Those places were wild from what I hear! My Dad knocked a bouncer (Marshall lineman at the time) out cold at Tubby’s one night. Knocked about 15 of his teeth out. 🤣

Hahaha. I’ve been to Houston’s but not Tubby’s. The Golden Rail is another rough place, or it used to be. I haven’t been to either place in years. But, I think at least one fight broke out every time I was at the Golden Rail. I used to hang out at the Catlettsburg Elks some too. But, I’ve done so much dumb shit in Huntington bc of those bars, lol. Lucky to be alive—type of dumb shit. But, great times! 🤣

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I couldn't pass up pairing Hondo with Russell again. Winning, unselfish players who were lockdown defenders. Dude also had a motor that never stopped. There was never a moment where he was standing still on the court. And Russell called Hondo the best all-around player he's seen.
Love it! #17. “Havlicek stole the ball!”

Hahaha. I’ve been to Houston’s but not Tubby’s. The Golden Rail is another rough place, or it used to be. I haven’t been to either place in years. But, I think at least one fight broke out every time I was at the Golden Rail. I used to hang out at the Catlettsburg Elks some too. But, I’ve done so much dumb shit in Huntington bc of those bars, lol. Lucky to be alive—type of dumb shit. But, great times! 🤣
I’ve been to “The Rail” many, many times. I actually pass it on my way to and from work every work day. It is still a rough place.

We used to go to The Wild Dawg, The Drink, Empire, Stoned Monkey, etc. Stoned Monkey had a wet t shirt contest every Wednesday night. Oddly enough, my ex (daughter’s Mom) won it one night, before I got with her.

She’s got a killer rack, too, but I think the current wife has an even nicer set. 😆 She’s miles ahead of her in every other category as well. The absolute perfect wife. I couldn’t have asked for a better one.

Used to get into brawls up there and all kinds of crazy shit. I could spin stories about Huntington for days. It’s a wonder we are all still alive as well. 🥳

Still pretty early. I'm sure it'll pick up later in the day. And you're right. Wilmore got to jump in and pick his two when you missed the four hour time limit. That sucks, but you still made out very well with your two picks.
That’s the only thing I don’t like about it. My work schedule is extremely conflicting. My work hours are the exact hours of the draft dead period.

I’m usually asleep when my pick comes around. It’s happened several times in these drafts. Makes it quite difficult sometimes.

Sorry fellas, I put down the phone about 10 minutes before it was my turn. I'm down to needing a point guard and the 3 I had in mind all just went off the board so I guess I'm left with 2 choices, one of which may never get picked in this draft so I'm going to hold out hope to get him in a later round and I'm going to take Chris Paul.

Sorry fellas, I put down the phone about 10 minutes before it was my turn. I'm down to needing a point guard and the 3 I had in mind all just went off the board so I guess I'm left with 2 choices, one of which may never get picked in this draft so I'm going to hold out hope to get him in a later round and I'm going to take Chris Paul.
Taken by bigbluefan

That’s the only thing I don’t like about it. My work schedule is extremely conflicting. My work hours are the exact hours of the draft dead period.

I’m usually asleep when my pick comes around. It’s happened several times in these drafts. Makes it quite difficult sometimes.
I've been on third shift for these before and it sucks. I feel your pain.

ADVERTISEMENT