ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama football players and their cars

Yeah, there is nothing inherently wrong with any of that. You can find players on every team of every sport at every school with some nice cars. Hell, if I'd gotten a full scholarship to college my parents would have bought me a really nice car and it would have been cheaper than paying for school. Easy for the parents to buy/lease something for a year or two knowing the kid will be a millionaire in the near future.

Yeah, there is nothing inherently wrong with any of that. You can find players on every team of every sport at every school with some nice cars. Hell, if I'd gotten a full scholarship to college my parents would have bought me a really nice car and it would have been cheaper than paying for school. Easy for the parents to buy/lease something for a year or two knowing the kid will be a millionaire in the near future.

That's a good sell, but I'm not buying it. :sunglasses:

I am sure some under the table deals go on. But does anyone know who those carscactually belong to? Lots of people have nice vehicles and would mind having a pic of a Bama player with it. One kid we signed in 19 got a new Ford Raptor and of course we bought it for him. The kids mom is a pediatric surgeon and his dad is over agriculture imports at the Savannah port. One of our commits in this class was accused of having a car bought for him. Dad posted a pic of their house and garage. Saying he worked and made a great living and didn't need someone to buy the kid a car.

Under current rules if they qualify they can receive spell Grants of $5500 ( may be higher now) and student loans of up to $20K per year. Add in the Cost of Attendance money and a college athlete can have about $30K/yr of tax free income.
Do they have to be able to spell to get one of those? Might knock out a few of their players from being eligible.

So all of this is just totally normal? Not worth looking at or questioning, NCAA? And we have people on this site who act like Bama is their favorite team.

Bama is every bit as corrupt as UNC is in basketball. And they're pretty out in the open with their cheating.

https://totalfratmove.com/alabama-football-is-the-best-car-dealership-in-the-country/

6c3912f0e8748f0a7e782aee250717c1.png

5ad63529f7bddc2bfb420ce11e0a3417.png

5fcf68d89a73d96ac2b803673baf982d.png

1de97d5a12e28c9a2fb11c57d3b33b38.png

f71f8874385d9ef97ca613c08c63a562.png

9a6c4457f7d4210bb3d6e23e14805c29.png

b25437c8c3d74194d4cb9660cd2679b0.png
BUMP

All football players don't come from poor families. Some are actually well off.

But many are not and it takes some creative financing for them to get a set of wheels.

Reactions: UKat1
NCAA is worthless. Hopefully in 2021 ALL players can be paid without penalty by anyone willing to foot the bill. If some schools can't anti up then they should create a league for the high rollers.

all schools are corrupt, including UK and if you believe anything different then you are being naive. I say good fine, who cares, these kids makes millions upon millions for the school, who cares if they give some of it back to obtain the elite. People want to use the ... "oh it kills schools who cannot compete with that" argument but let's be honest, elite athlete's most likely wouldn't go to those other smaller schools anyway. As long as no laws are broken, I say fair game

Reactions: Tnvol77
I just truly and honestly dont care. I didnt before and I dont now.

What I care about is that our guys get a competitive offer. If thats what we're up against then we need to be playing ball.

If we do, then I expect our guys to get their butt to class. Make their grades. And perform on the field. I dont care if they get a free meal or a super cheap lease on a car or payment considering what the schools make off football. I just dont.

Just show up, give us 3 yrs, get your schoolwork done, and keep your ass out of trouble and dont embarass the university. Its not too much to ask.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Under current rules if they qualify they can receive spell Grants of $5500 ( may be higher now) and student loans of up to $20K per year. Add in the Cost of Attendance money and a college athlete can have about $30K/yr of tax free income.

Yeah I don’t think many people really know that there is some solid money available to college students in general. Since athletes get their stuff paid for, things like pell grants can go to whatever they want it to go to. Throw in the stipend and there is some money there. It’s not get rich money but when your 20 with no other real expenses it can get some mileage. The adult in me would tell them to sock some of it away but they are generally too young to pass up blinging it up. They all think they’re going pro so what does it matter

Anyone and I mean anyone who thinks that Bama is not paying players is brain dead. People forget the SEC motto, If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying.

I don't disagree here. I'm not naive enough to think some or many of them don't get some favorable things. I also think it is naive to think UK players don't, or anybody else. Maybe not as much or as many as Bama players, but it's just a reality some guys get some benefits outside of the lines one way or another.

Reactions: Leahylads
My old boss has a Dodge Viper. I stood next to it and gave the appearance it’s mine once or twice. Didn’t work though, it was hard to explain when I went to pick them up in an 84’ Cutlass...

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT