ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama Never Holds the Ball at the End of Blowouts

I'd love to see Oats in Lexington and think recruiting would improve,
I remember when JFK Jr, got married some TV analyst said of the bride that she would take him to the next level in society. It's always been one of my favorite bits of popular wisdom.

Name a coach in college athletics and "non ethical turd" can be applied for 99.9% of them in some manner or the other. Just a matter of how they got about being unethical.

That buyout of Oats is chump change for a program like Kentucky. Calipari is the issue and who gave him his "I need a hug" extension? Barnhart. He should be fired. He's not doing anything worth keeping around either.
That buyout is wrong. It is 10million going to 7.5 after the season

They split with Auburn.

Oats is at the point in his career where he's ripe to be taken from an elite program with resources. He's hungry, he's ruthless, and he plays a style that can land recruits. Also love his talent evaluation and ability to think outside the box regarding staff hires. He lost almost his entire coaching staff and has replaced them with guys who fit his approach on the court.

Alabama's history in NCAA's is awful period. This is the only Power 5 job he's had and has proven he can win the SEC when everyone gets their knee pads out to talk about how "brutal" the conference is. He just slapped the piss out of Buzz Williams court wandering ass which is always fun to see. I expect Buzz to try and get to Columbus--but will the fans want that nonsense at Ohio State after suffering through the overrated goober that was Holtmann?

I'd love to see Oats in Lexington and think recruiting would improve, and the marriage is perfect. Know that Bama fans are hoping Kentucky figures it out because they fear this job is one he'd covet.
Would like to see that take no prisoner attitude back in lexington instead of rolling over to have your belly scratched.

Reactions: ukjenning44
Name a coach in college athletics and "non ethical turd" can be applied for 99.9% of them in some manner or the other. Just a matter of how they got about being unethical.

That buyout of Oats is chump change for a program like Kentucky. Calipari is the issue and who gave him his "I need a hug" extension? Barnhart. He should be fired. He's not doing anything worth keeping around either.
Buyout would be chump change if not for Cal's buyout, but, It is there. Oats is a turd, we can do better.

Buyout would be chump change if not for Cal's buyout, but, It is there. Oats is a turd, we can do better.
If they can, then start with getting a better AD and I'll feel a lot better about the next hire. I have 0 confidence in Barnhart to do anything positive.

Reactions: KYCAT78
I remember when JFK Jr, got married some TV analyst said of the bride that she would take him to the next level in society. It's always been one of my favorite bits of popular wisdom.
Was referring to OATS recruiting would improve with a program like Kentucky brand attached to him.

As for the Kennedy's all I know is they were corrupt, got whacked and didn't know how to drive or fly.

Whats the point of an "offensive" possession if you just hold the ball......stall ball works to some degree only if your opponent is tired of playing.

haha. Bama fan. You sold your soul last year for that POS with the shooting incident. Karma got you in Sweet 16, though. Weren't you the # 1 overall seed? Sweet 16.....

Oats is a dirtbag so don't worry, we have standards unlike you and Auburn. 8 or 10 UK fans don't have any ethical standards, either. Don't worry about them. They aren't moving any needle on who coaches here.
Thank you but it’s sad your flagship program pays for the top coach in college basketball and only has one championship to show for it . We have higher standards for our flagship program

Thank you but it’s sad your flagship program pays for the top coach in college basketball and only has one championship to show for it . We have higher standards for our flagship program

You've never been to a final four in the history of the program. Not one.... You have no standards, lol.

You guys from the state of Alabama are clown shows when it comes to basketball.

Let me put it this way. Most college coaches and staff have the opinion that Pitino is a top 5 floor coach.

Let me put it this way - Your boy got beat down routinely by a pack of Freshman coached by Calipari while the loser Pitino was in his prime. Sux for you since you can't refute it. Feel free to have the last world I mean spin.

Let me put it this way - Your boy got beat down routinely by a pack of Freshman coached by Calipari while the loser Pitino was in his prime. Sux for you since you can't refute it. Feel free to have the last world I mean spin.
I like Cal. Met him several times and think he is ok. I have also met Pitino several times and had a relative that worked for him. Not my fave guy. So… again. Most people in the profession disagree with you.

Oats couldn’t tote cals water I would never look for him as your replacement for ccc.
You nailed it, Mr. Alabama fan.

Wolf Of GIF - Wolf Of Wall GIFs

He's not as good of a coach as what Calipari WAS--as far as what you have now, Cal doesn't belong in the same discussion. Or do we now move goalposts and pretend that Conference Championships DONT MATTER. Just let me know the criteria and we can hold a discussion.

Kentucky is a Blueblood Basketball school. Alabama is a blueblood Football school. Some of us just think someone like Oats would be worthy of seeing what he'd do with the resources/tradition that a school like Kentucky offers. I've seen what Cal can do when he gave a ****. I'm sick of watching what he's doing now and become. A soft old man who wants everyone to like him (national media and philanthropically) and dabble in any/everything outside of what got him acclaim and this job to begin with--winning basketball games/championships and contending nationally.

Cal can't be mentioned in the same sentence as a guy he's beaten three of the last four times????? On what planet?

No one way is the "right way". To each their own.

Do not let how someone else plays or acts change your values and way you act. Same for them with your actions.

KENTUCKY- we do not storm the court in basketball. We have in football.
KENTUCKY-we do not pile on points when we are winning and there is less than a minute to go.

I have no issues with how we do at the end of games or how someone else does. I might get mad if it feels like piling on but it would not change the way I do something.

Cal can't be mentioned in the same sentence as a guy he's beaten three of the last four times????? On what planet?
Head to head is great, how many wins does Bama have in March compared to UK’s record in the SEC Tournament and the NCAA. Just compare the years Cal and Oats went head to head.
I would still take Oats over what we have. IMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT