ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama football players and their cars

KingOfBBN

All-American
Sep 14, 2013
So all of this is just totally normal? Not worth looking at or questioning, NCAA? And we have people on this site who act like Bama is their favorite team.

Bama is every bit as corrupt as UNC is in basketball. And they're pretty out in the open with their cheating.

https://totalfratmove.com/alabama-football-is-the-best-car-dealership-in-the-country/

6c3912f0e8748f0a7e782aee250717c1.png

5ad63529f7bddc2bfb420ce11e0a3417.png

5fcf68d89a73d96ac2b803673baf982d.png

1de97d5a12e28c9a2fb11c57d3b33b38.png

f71f8874385d9ef97ca613c08c63a562.png

9a6c4457f7d4210bb3d6e23e14805c29.png

b25437c8c3d74194d4cb9660cd2679b0.png

Careful...

I may or may not have gone to a party in my day and a bunch of football players may or may not have showed up. They also may or may not have had a nice ride, gold chains, and a fat stack of $100 dollar bills...

Very few of those cars are considered "expensive". Alot of those cars you can buy used and afford pretty easily. Or lease for pretty cheap. Used Camaros, mustangs, and chargers aren't really expensive unless they are a special edition. And I doubt every one of those is "their" car.

Ole Miss has charges on them for the easiness their players received car loans from dealerships... How is this okay?

449x599
But usually where there is smoke there is fire. We all knew Ole Miss was paying players and we were right.

I remember a certain basketball player of ours driving around a brand new Escalade after he scored 54 points.

They should be able to get loans available to the general public against future earnings potential, I don't care what the rule is. As long as the University or boosters aren't involved it shouldn't matter.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Oh shyt. We're screwed. Since Jarren Williams is still coming to UK, what are we giving him?

Very few of those cars are considered "expensive". Alot of those cars you can buy used and afford pretty easily. Or lease for pretty cheap. Used Camaros, mustangs, and chargers aren't really expensive unless they are a special edition. And I doubt every one of those is "their" car.
There were two BMW in those pictures....even used and leased...those aren't cheap by any means.

After the UNC garbage I really don't give a hoot about who's doing what anymore but let's not argue somebody is doing this for these guys. Any of my kids would to be able to pay for these cars on their own in college...we'd for sure have to help them out (or somebody else)

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Under current rules if they qualify they can receive spell Grants of $5500 ( may be higher now) and student loans of up to $20K per year. Add in the Cost of Attendance money and a college athlete can have about $30K/yr of tax free income.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Under current rules if they qualify they can receive spell Grants of $5500 ( may be higher now) and student loans of up to $20K per year. Add in the Cost of Attendance money and a college athlete can have about $30K/yr of tax free income.
..and that translates to these photos . Got it

Reactions: Girthang
Can’t think of his name, but I 100% saw that lineman from Lafayette at Kroger not too long ago in a brand new Escalade (I believe, that or another luxury suv) with what had to be 24 or 26 inch wheels and a shiny Alabama license plate on the front. Definitely made me wonder

Reactions: Girthang
..and that translates to these photos . Got it
First of all, I don't see any titles that provide proof that any of those vehicles actually belong to those players. Second, $30K/yr of tax free income with zero expenses for room and board is $2500/mo to essentially blow. You can lease a brand new BMW i8 for $1500/mo. Third, here in Nashville there are places like Music City Dream Cars that you can essentially time-share the exotic of your choice. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, Rolls-Royce, etc. You pay an initiation fee and then a quarterly payment in exchange for a prescribed number of miles you want to drive any car in their fleet. For a $2500 initiation and $375/quarter you get 500 miles/year. Drive any car at any time until you reach your mileage quota. Or, you can just rent them for the day. In other words, if you just want to be seen driving in an expensive car there are affordable ways to do so.

First of all, I don't see any titles that provide proof that any of those vehicles actually belong to those players. Second, $30K/yr of tax free income with zero expenses for room and board is $2500/mo to essentially blow. You can lease a brand new BMW i8 for $1500/mo. Third, here in Nashville there are places like Music City Dream Cars that you can essentially time-share the exotic of your choice. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, Rolls-Royce, etc. You pay an initiation fee and then a quarterly payment in exchange for a prescribed number of miles you want to drive any car in their fleet. For a $2500 initiation and $375/quarter you get 500 miles/year. Drive any car at any time until you reach your mileage quota. Or, you can just rent them for the day. In other words, if you just want to be seen driving in an expensive car there are affordable ways to do so.
Goodness 500 miles wouldn't last me 2 weeks

In today's sophisticated financialized world, creative leasing puts nearly ANY car within reach!
And of course it does not hurt that the finance guy at one of Saban's dealerships...Crown Infiniti & Mercedes in Hoover has a picture of Saban in his office.

I asked him if I could have one of the special "ZERO percent Tuscaloosa rates" a couple of years ago when we were buying someone out of their used lot...he laughed...laughed HARD...

Reactions: BlueTick2
Colleges have doing this for years. I pulled up beside D Ramsey in the seventies and he was driving a new Sports car. Could have been a BMW not sure.

I remember back in the day that Sonny Collins used to drive around UK with a pretty sweet Monte Carlo.

Careful...

I may or may not have gone to a party in my day and a bunch of football players may or may not have showed up. They also may or may not have had a nice ride, gold chains, and a fat stack of $100 dollar bills...
I seem to remember, or maybe not, going to similar functions while in college.

Stipend money, Pell Grant's, room and board money, working camps, there are lots of ways for these "exploited" athletes to get money legally.

Last edited:
“Could”? Maybe. Likely. No

1) I'm sure their players get slot of perks they shouldn't

2) this pics really prove nothing. Many athletes (and others for that matter) take pics next to expensive cars. Also I'm sure given the situation, many of them are friends with former players who are now millionaires who may be the actual owners of said cars.

Also the hundred dollar bills are almost surely the financial aid money referenced above. Hell even everyday students live it up when the financial aid checks hit. And that's without all the additional legitimate help the athletes get

Tldr - I'm sure they're dirty but this isn't proof

ADVERTISEMENT