ADVERTISEMENT

9 Alabama players entered the portal

Can you make a winner just by picking up transfer players from Georgia and Alabama?
Given we average 20 Frosh recruits joining the program, yearly, a poor question for Kentucky.

Colorado is the extreme example, and U of L.

Yes we take things like that for granted easily. That was a all-star center crew that played the position perfectly. Easy to forget how hard a great center is to have until you don't have one.
I've always asked and never really gotten a good answer, but do we ever recruit a Center specifically to play that position? a kid who plays it in HS and recruited to play it in College or do most schools just develop other Linemen into Centers? I guess like QB or the DL, theres only so many true Centers capable of playing SEC level football in the HS ranks, so I assume most teams at least the ones in our position, tend to have to develop guy to play the position.

Given we average 20 Frosh recruits joining the program, yearly, a poor question for Kentucky.

Colorado is the extreme example, and U of L.
Ole Miss is trying real hard to fit in with those two when it comes to raiding the portal. Will be funny to see the fallback if Kiffin heads to Bama.

Reactions: The-Hack
Just saw a list from Georgia. They have 19 players that transferred and 11 going pro.

I thought it was 22, but they included everyone that transferred including walkons who never suited up. A couple of the DBs were expected to battle for the number 3 CB spot and would have played a good bit most likely. JDJ would have been a 1st down or short yardage player and is the biggest loss, BV was in a tight battle for top backup qb, looks like his only mistake was trusting Coen

I thought it was 22, but they included everyone that transferred including walkons who never suited up. A couple of the DBs were expected to battle for the number 3 CB spot and would have played a good bit most likely. JDJ would have been a 1st down or short yardage player and is the biggest loss, BV was in a tight battle for top backup qb, looks like his only mistake was trusting Coen
Even for GA, looked like a high number of out going players. Sounds like majority was third stringers. Never know, BV might fit better with Hamdan. It is said by Hamdan he likes protecting his QB and the balance and deception he uses sounds as if BV might like Hamdan's system better. No way of knowing now but just reading looks like he will be in good hands.

Even for GA, looked like a high number of out going players. Sounds like majority was third stringers. Never know, BV might fit better with Hamdan. It is said by Hamdan he likes protecting his QB and the balance and deception he uses sounds as if BV might like Hamdan's system better. No way of knowing now but just reading looks like he will be in good hands.

In HS, BV was just better than anyone in his classification, bigger than 90% of the linemen and faster than 90% of the skill guys. Did pretty much what he wanted. He is a very good athlete and a better runner than what it seems people here think. In college he never took an important snap, it was always someone else's team. Now he has his team, physically he can make every needed throw, he can pick up 1st downs with his leg. The only question marks on him is how quick he can process what he sees. I do think he is more like Will Levis than Leary. I think he can adapt to whatever the OC wants.

As for the transfers, not high at all. UGA recruits pretty well or has been. Kids who started 4 years in HS end up 3rd string or get passed by a younger guy. Today they transfer. Then you have programs like FSU that tamper with your roster year round. I wish Kirby would have hung 100 on them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT