ADVERTISEMENT

After last nights upsets if UK wins Sat we are top 8-9

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
I think if Kansas loses to UCONN for their 2nd loss Fri night we could move ahead of the Jayhawks as well.

Take care of business Sat and we should be top 5. We didn't just beat the number 8 team in the country, we curb stomped them. In a game that even many of our fans thought we couldn't win. And with one of our best players injured and still no bigs. Coming on the heels of that showing against Marshall. We'll win Sat. But a lackluster showing will keep us from moving to our proper place.

Take care of business Sat and we should be top 5. We didn't just beat the number 8 team in the country, we curb stomped them. In a game that even many of our fans thought we couldn't win. And with one of our best players injured and still no bigs. Coming on the heels of that showing against Marshall. We'll win Sat. But a lackluster showing will keep us from moving to our proper place.
This. Idk if they’ll slot us top 5. I can see us moving up to around 6/7, though, definitely.

And that's after having a double digit lead on no. 1 KU a couple of weeks ago. That will be in everyone's memory now too. We should be around 5-7. Easily.

We could have a T10 team with....are you ready for this? NO BIGS! Are you kidding me?! Sorry, can't resist poking at Cal's quirks.

I think our ceiling is higher for Monday.

No doubt we move ahead of 3-loss UT, 1-loss-team-we-blew-out Miami, and 2-loss Duke. That alone gets us to #9.
But I think the "how we won" vs #8 Miami leap frogs us over #10/#11 Gonzaga too, to #8. Baylor #9 hasn't beaten anyone good, and barely got past average Florida (by 4), and they weren't too far ahead of Gonzaga, so leaping past them is possible.
A KU loss, giving them 2 losses and even their "good wins" were all close and just struggled to beat Eastern Illinois, I think we certainly pass them. But if they beat UConn, I think both KU and UConn stay ahead of us.

So barring more unexpected upsets, I think we will be #6-9 range.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT