ADVERTISEMENT

AD reminding people he won COW his NC

Adolph Rupp couldn't win a title with our all time leading scorer. He also lost to a directional school when he had 3 AA's.

It took Rick Pitino having a team of 9 future NBA players (mostly upperclassmen )to win a title at UK.

This is the level of dumb of OP message...
Rupp won multiple titles and went a decade without losing a home game.
When you win at that rate and have the arena named after you, you’re allowed a couple of clunkers!
Talk about a dumb comparison!

Pitino didn’t have an NBA roster when he won it at Louisville in 2013. Yes I know the NCAA stripped that title but Louisville is stupid for giving in.

Cal has done the least with the most of any coach in college bb history including Dean Smith!

When you win at that rate and have the arena named after you, you’re allowed a couple of clunkers!

Pitino didn’t have an NBA roster when he won it at Louisville in 2013. Yes I know the NCAA stripped that title but Louisville is stupid for giving in.

Cal has done the least with the most of any coach in college bb history including Dean Smith!

You’re trolling. Shut up. This is the kind of thread mods should zap. Only reason it’s at the top of the board is because it’s a laughably bad take and these are the takes that get responses.

You knew that already though.

I’ve never approved after the first couple seasons. The championship would not have been won if the older guys wouldn’t have stayed. Looks like with Reed and Dilly balling out we will lose our entire roster again. This team doesn’t have the experience to win it all. Gotta have some veterans. Tre can only do so much. The lol reference was to those who think these guys at 24 with 4 years in the league are the guys that were here. They are not. We have them as kids.
Did you forget about Reeves and Theiro?

What was your previous username again? 🤔

Who gives a shit?

Are you saying Joe Girardi would never have won a World Series with out a loaded roster? That Phil Jackson would’ve never won with out Michael
Jordan of Magic Johnson?!? Stop the presses.

It’s a laughably moronic take. If you need it explained why, I can’t help you

@KAB Cats

Probably on his 8th name this year. Gotta love these Calipari nut huggers that can't stand criticism. Dude Probably went offline for a week after we lost at home to UNC Wilmington.

Do you honestly think this is legitimate criticism?

Do you honestly think this is legitimate criticism?

Everything I've posted in rafters are legit criticisms.

- why are we shooting long 2's again?
- why are we going away from the 4 out motion offense in favor to post bigs for a portion of our half-court offense?
- why are we shooting less 3's when we are a great 3 point shooting team?
- the insertion of AB into the lineup didn't have to be a net negative. The kid has been playing great, but we are worse as a team because Cal has tinkered with the offense.

- why are we going away from the 4 out motion offense in favor to post bigs for a portion of our half-court offense?
- the insertion of AB into the lineup didn't have to be a net negative. The kid has been playing great, but we are worse as a team because Cal has tinkered with the offense.

Yea buddy, except you are in a thread that has a central thesis that Calipari wouldn’t win a title with out talent and now you’re changing the argument.

And this is the problem with the us vs them mentality of the internet. You don’t care that the OP has a laughably cringe and moronic take, but you defend it because it is criticism not that the criticism even makes sense.

Reactions: JFCats22
The Cal defenders say you’ve got to have the best players to win the NC.

Then you bring up the 2010 and 2015 KY teams and they say the most talent doesn’t always win.
They want it both ways.

Yes you need talent to win. Calipari has had John Wooden and Phil Jackson type talent.
How many titles does Cal have compared to those 2?

Dean Smith and John Calipari did the least with the most. And the longer Cal stays he’s going to continue ascending to the very top of doing the least with the most.

He can be on the Mount Rushmore of NBA draft picks and doing the least with the most. That is his coaching legacy.

Yea buddy, except you are in a thread that has a central thesis that Calipari wouldn’t win a title with out talent and now you’re changing the argument.

And this is the problem with the us vs them mentality of the internet. You don’t care that the OP has a laughably cringe and moronic take, but you defend it because it is criticism not that the criticism even makes sense.

Who would win a title without talent? Nobody. I think the OP meant Cal needs overwhelming talent to mask his coaching deficiencies.

And what's so moronic about the take anyway? I used to defend Cal all the time. People would say he needed overwhelming talent to win, and I'd point to Memphis or UMASS. But the game has changed, it has evolved. Cal is stuck somewhere between 1995 and 2008. So yes, at this point in his career, he probably needs overwhelming talent to win.

The Cal defenders say you’ve got to have the best players to win the NC.

Then you bring up the 2010 and 2015 KY teams and they say the most talent doesn’t always win.
They want it both ways.

Yes you need talent to win. Calipari has had John Wooden and Phil Jackson type talent.
How many titles does Cal have compared to those 2?

Dean Smith and John Calipari did the least with the most. And the longer Cal stays he’s going to continue ascending to the very top of doing the least with the most.

He can be on the Mount Rushmore of NBA draft picks and doing the least with the most. That is his coaching legacy.

Who is saying this first line tho lol.

I don't see anyone saying this lol.

You have to have good players to be a title contender. But it's a one and done tournament.

The best team doesn't always win the tournament. But the majority of the time, ONE of the best teams ends up winning the entire thing. The goal should be for UK is to be ONE of those best teams come March to give us the best chance possible for a title.

Reactions: HagginHall1999

The OP’s post is very valid as is Mike’s. In fact, not only did it take the best player in UK history to get CCC a title, but it also took the threat of an NBA lockout. That’s the only thing that stopped Jones from leaving.

So basically it took 2 minor miracles (AD + lockout threat) not to mention MKG, for CCC to finally not be able to screw up winning a title. Though he did try his best by going to his stall crap which let KU cut a double digit lead down to 6-8 late.

Dean Smith was the king of doing less with more… until CCC came along. He absolutely had that title won at Memphis and pissed it away due to his terrible coaching, that same style/decision making he’s still using. Now at UK he’s at the VERY LEAST pissed away 2 more titles. You could very realistically say he’s pissed away 3-4 at UK.

If you stop and think about all the players and teams he’s had, and the positions they were in during the ncaa tournament then you’d think he’s almost trying to lose some of these games.

They scored 81 points, won by 15, and beat the spread of what was predicted. Yet, some on here still want to be angry about winning. Actively rooting for UK to fail proves a lot (like you) aren’t even UK fans.

Reactions: SDcatfan13
Listen if people wanna argue that Cal should have more titles here based on the talent he has gotten over the years, that's a valid point.

But going back to what the OP was saying u can't say oh only reason dude won a title was because he had X player. HE RECRUITED X PLAYER

It's two different arguments.

Reactions: KAB Cats

Prefacing everything I'm about to type and sayI love Rupp (have a signed headshot of him in my office), so this isn't an attempt to bash but rather state facts ...but he also won ALL of his titles before segregation. He won ALL of his titles in shortened tourneys.

Cal should have more than 1 title. 100% agree. And yes, he's done less with more talent...but again, it has been extremely young talent. His choice to build roster that way.

Who would win a title without talent? Nobody. I think the OP meant Cal needs overwhelming talent to mask his coaching deficiencies.
lol. I can’t explain it to you. OP got what he wanted. Good luck

• Haha
Reactions: Mike-D
They brought Cal into the Shohei Ohtani deal. That’s the level of unhinged these Karen's are. It’s like their life had no purpose, then they found like-minded Karen’s to get validation from and made this their purpose.

I ate steak and mashed potatoes for dinner. Mashed potatoes reminds me of cows defense. What do you hate most about CCC?
lol at “karens”. Do you even know what the use of that name implies?

Alright, apologies for a short response. I was getting a bagel on this fine Sunday morning. I really have nothing else to say or argue about, but let me clearly enumerate why this thread is bad.

1. To say Anthony Davis is the sole reason for the 2012 National Championship is simply incorrect. Michael Kidd Gilchrist, Terrence Jones, Doron Lamb and Marquis Teague (who was the perfect freshman PG for that roster) were all integral to winning the NC -- not to mention Darius Miller who was a great college player in his own right. This thread is a total insult to these players.
  2. NBA fans would laugh at this thread because AD has been getting obliterated in the press for inconsistent play. If we are using NBA results as evidence our coach is awful, does that mean Calipari did wonders in making AD consistent?
  3. Calipari winning a title with NBA talent is actually a credit to Calipari. He recruited the talent and won with said talent in his system. Now, this obviously isn't the case every season, but it was that season. Saying anything else is revisionist history.
  4. Given 3 Final 4's and two elite 8's in the first 6 years of Calipari's tenure, the AD team obviously wasn't a flash in the pan. It was one of many stacked teams who beat many teams in a convincing manner.

That is all

You know Phil Jackson had a legit offense but what really made it work was an entire "team" onboard to make it happen.

The Bulls were so good because they knew what to do in game.

Cal's NC year at UK was awesome. Supporting Cast and Superstar Anthony Davis.

Reactions: KAB Cats
I don’t remember any coach winning without great players.

At least some of the Cal haters just admit it’s just personal hate.

They listen to Cal’s interviews just to hate the interview.

Don’t even get them started on “modern offense”. 😆
1989-1992

Recall the 92 team was a shot away from the F4....and the hated one shouldn't have even been in the game to hit the shot.

Go cheer for EKU or some mid major with 2 stars or kids with no rankings and hope they can be coached up enough to make it somewhere if that's what your life sports fulfillment revolves around

And where were you when we lost at home to UNC Wilmington? Fans have a right to critique someone that has obviously messed with the offense, when it wasn't the problem.
So calling him cow is a critique?

Critique away, but some have an unhealthy obsession

Reactions: CatsFanIL
Neither are leaders. Reeves is one of our worst defenders as a senior. Not exactly the same as Darius miller and Dominique Hawkins.
So you are saying you would rather have Dominique Hawkins than Antonio Reeves?

Do you guys literally go through your entire day trying to find ways to be reminded how much you hate Cal?
Yes the two sorry SOB’s do! They would rather bitch and moan about the color tie Cal wears to a game that be happy about the fact we have one of out seven footers back . Just some sad ass people !

Best player on the court in this in season NBA championship game by a wide margin.
That’s what it takes for COW to win.
Isn't recruiting top talent part of coaching in the college ranks?
I feel like most titles are won by generational talent, right?
Warriors w/Steph and KD, Bulls with Jordan, Heat with Lebron and Wade, Bucks with Giannis, Chiefs with Mahomes, Pats with Brady, Bucs with Brady, etc etc etc...

Yep and that's why I feel like the coaching position gets blown here way out of proportion.

So much weight on that but the bottom line is whether or not the players on the court perform as expected.......or they don't.

Cal's coached multiple max contract guys on the same roster for a few seasons: 2010, 2015, 2017.

He's the master at not getting it done on the highest stage, and with stockpiles of elite talent.
I could not have Said that any better nice post

to be fair Doron Lamb won that game for us
I hate to say this but Bill Self was right when he said they ran out of time. I think he might have been right, they were the aggressors at the end of the game. If not for clutch shots and key stops. So thankful we held on.

@KAB Cats

Probably on his 8th name this year. Gotta love these Calipari nut huggers that can't stand criticism. Dude Probably went offline for a week after we lost at

Who is saying this first line tho lol.

I don't see anyone saying this lol.

You have to have good players to be a title contender. But it's a one and done tournament.

The best team doesn't always win the tournament. But the majority of the time, ONE of the best teams ends up winning the entire thing. The goal should be for UK is to be ONE of those best teams come March to give us the best chance possible for a title.
We use to dominate the sec titles now we don't do that anymore the gold standard I guess and with your above post I would take just getting out of the 2nd round we have been struggling doing that too

We use to dominate the sec titles now we don't do that anymore the gold standard I guess and with your above post I would take just getting out of the 2nd round we have been struggling doing that too

The results aren't UK standard and hasn't been for several years. That's definitely true and Cal warrants criticism for that.

As far as we used to dominate SEC titles and whatnot, times have changed. There's been a leveling of the field not just in the SEC but college basketball overall. I think it's just way harder to do that now than it has been in the past.

I think a reasonable standard to expect going forward would be that UK is at least in the conversation of title contender in the majority of the seasons. To me, that's basically a 1 or 2 seed. Consistently doing that would more than likely net us another national title at some point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT